Sequel: Broken Mirrors
Status: complete

She Will Be Loved

Feel Beautiful

“Guys I don’t know about this…” It was too late though. They had dragged me into my room. Along with straighteners, a make-up bag, hair ties, and some plastic bags that were tied shut.
“Come on Joslin!” Mitchie whined.
“Yeah, what’s the worst that could happen?” Charlotte added on to Mitchie’s whine.
“I could look like an ugly butt.” I replied.
“If that’s possible!” Lizzy said playfully.
“Alright, alright. Just… don’t go overboard.” They all mumbled combinations of “okay” and “got it”.
Lizzy took some of the front of my hair on the right side and pulled it back braiding it. She took a bobby pin and connected it with the rest of my chestnut brown hair. Amber ripped open the plastic bags.
“Ta-dah!” mused Charlotte. In the plastic bags were clothes. Lots. Of. Clothes. “Mitchie, Amber, and I gathered some stuff for you if you’ll be sticking around for a while.”
“Even if you don’t we thought it’d be a nice little present.” Amended by Mitchie herself.
“She’ll be sticking around for a while.” Lizzy said with a widening grin. “We didn’t know what size you were so you might have to bring some of it to goodwill…”
They all helped me pick some clothes to wear today. It was sort of like a battle because apparently “certain colors don’t go with that color.” “No one wears that with that.” “You can’t wear jean shorts everyday Joslin.”
We eventually decided on a baby pink, flowy tanktop and some dark jean shorts. (yes I won the jean shorts battle.) This came about after almost 30 minutes of debating with each other. But it was more playful than serious. I laughed sometimes at the arguments they came up with. I like the top because it’s light, happy, and there’s wavy little cap sleeves. They make me smiley. I thought to myself. And after so much begging… my black converse. I wonder if Lena was friends with the girls. After all this we end up not needing the straighter for me because my hair is (luckily) naturally pretty straight, but wavy at the same time. Amber, Charlotte, and Mitchie went down into the kitchen to see what there was to eat while Lizzy did my make-up. Which, all she is really doing because- 1.) she says I have a natural blush, and 2.) my eyes are way too beautiful to be touched, magically- is putting on a little matte (which I think means neutral?) eyeshadow to make my eyes “pop.”
“So, how do you like it here?” Lizzy asks casually while applying the eyeshadow.
“I love it. I love you guys, and the boys. It’s nice having friends for a change.” I admitted, not only to her, but to myself as well.
“You didn’t have friends before?” She seemed shocked. Bewildered, that someone like me wouldn’t have friends. When I was young I was surprised too. I didn’t get why I didn’t have friends, I was normal… or at least I thought I was. But as I got older, it was normal for me to be alone.
“No. They don’t like me. They call me a slut.” Over time I began to believe them, but I don’t understand how they thought that? They didn’t know what was going on at home. And I only ‘dated’ one guy in 7th grade. I guess he spread rumours about me.
“They’re just jealous… I doubt you’re a slut.” I wish I could believe it.But like I said, no one other than my mom and her clients knew about the men… so maybe they were just jealous. “A lot of girls, even women, strive and struggle just to try to come close to get the natural beauty that you have.” I blushed.
“Not as beautiful as you are.” It was true too. Her blue and black hair that just barely touched her shoulders shined in the light and her pink toned cheeks were soft and smooth. It hit me hard how much we could’ve looked alike.
“You’re youthful though. You have a glow that I could never contain. I wish I could look like you.” I smiled. “Okay… open! I’m finished.” I blinked my eyes rapidly until I got comfortable again with opened eyes.
“Oops. You have a little purple smudge under your eye. Sorry, I must’ve touched the purple… I’ll get it. ” My heart almost stopped. I have to start remembering in the mornings again.
“No it’s okay, I can get it.” I jumped up and walked to the bathroom quickly so no one would see me. I rushed to put on the cover up this time. Lizzy knocked on the door as I just finished.
“You ready?” She kind of whispered through the door.
“Yeah.” I whispered back.
“Hey guys! Come get a load of this!” by what I heard, everyone was gathered around the bottom stairs. Lizzy told them to close their eyes. Apparently they all did. Even the girls, which I thought was dumb because they all saw me.
“Come on Joslin.” She whispered and walked down the steps with me. “Okay everyone. Open your eyes.” I took in a deep breathe right as they all opened their eyes. James was staring, Nicky said “holy crap”, Johnny stood there gawking, and Marcus stood with Charlotte and kissed her on the forehead. All the girls looked so surprised and proud even though they had seen me before the big reveal. Erik just looked into my eyes again and smiled.
“You look beautiful.” Floated from his lips. He came up and hugged me. And for once not only did I think I looked beautiful, I actually felt beautiful.
“Hey pizza’s here!” Nick yelled.
“You ordered pizza?” Asked almost everyone.
It was a pretty good rest of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
another chapter. it's been a little while. sorry. A lot of things have come up with Graduations for my brother and his friends. Hope you liked this! Much more to come. :)

UPDATE: so, another chapter re-edited. Sorry if it is still awful. I couldn't find much that I wanted to edit in this. Sorry if you hate it. :/ I love all of you guys. I hope that you have a good week. :P