Status: Hey, guys! I was working on ch. 4 when my computer freaked out and deleted it, should be up by tomorrow evening! Thanks for you patience, sorry about the wait!<3

A Daydream Away

Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning in an empty bed. I heard the shower running from Juliet’s bathroom. I looked over to the clock that read eleven thirty. My heart sank a little, I wasn’t ready to leave and time was going by too fast.
The bathroom door opened and Juliet poked her head out. When she saw that I was awake she came out of the bathroom smiling, towel drying her hair. This was the first time I had seen her with no make up and only wearing an old over sized t shirt. I loved it.
She came over and sat on the side of the bed.
“Good morning!” She said, still drying her hair.
“Morning,” I said, distracted by how perfect she was even then. “How did you sleep?”
“Great! I wish I could sleep that well every night.”
“So do I,” I said. I opened my arms to gesture her into them and she came closer. I hugged her tight and she pressed her head into my chest.
“I wish you didn’t have to go,” she said, the sound of her voice muffled against my shirt. She looked up at me, and after a second of looking straight into her eyes, I leaned in to kiss her. She sat up straighter and put her fingers in my hair, holding me to her, kissing me harder.
I pushed her down so that she was on her back and I was over her. I looked at her for another split second and kissed her neck, then her lips again. I rested my head against hers.
“I wish we could stay like this,” she said, her eyes closed.
“I wish we could, too,” I kissed her again and sat up, “I need to get going, though. I have to meet the guys later this afternoon.”
I could tell she didn’t want to, but she sat up as well, standing to her feet.
I called the taxi and they said one would arrive in about five minutes, which was about how long it took us to get my stuff and get downstairs. I said my goodbyes to her dad and we walked out to the cab that was sitting in the drive. I opened the door and threw my bag in, then I turned around to say goodbye to Juliet. She was looking at the ground, and it seemed like she was about to cry.
I pulled her in to me one more time.
“I’ll miss you, but I’ll see you again. I promise, and I will call you every night and text you as often as possible. We’re going to stay in touch until the next time that I can see you, okay?” She looked up at me and I kissed her once again.
Then, I turned around and reached into my bag.
“I have something for you,” I said. I grabbed my favorite glamour kills tank top and handed it to her. “I want you to keep this until I see you again, it should smell like me and everything.”
She took it without a word and hugged me again.
“Goodbye, Jack.”
“Goodbye, Juliet.” I got in the car and as we were pulling out of the drive, I looked back to see Juliet clutching my shirt and watching the car pull away. I waved, and she waved back, and then she was out of sight.
About fifteen minutes down the road, my phone rang. It was Alex.
“Hello?” I answered.
“Dude, what the fuck. I love you, bro. But what you are doing is fucked up.” He said, sounding a bit irritated.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” and I really didn’t.
“You spent the weekend with Juliet, but according to Holly you’ve been texting her all weekend, and she showed up looking for you last night.” Alex said.
Holly was my ex, and ever since we broke up, she has gone sadistic. Alex never liked her in the first place, so there is no telling how he felt about their confrontation last night.
“That’s fucked up. Juliet is a sweet girl and her dad is cool as hell. I thought you were done with Holly, what’s going on?” He asked.
“Dude, I haven’t been texting her, I haven’t talked to her in forever! She’s acting like a psycho. I didn’t even have my phone on me this weekend, I was too busy.” I said, really annoyed and uneasy.
“Well, she was looking for you, I kind of told her where you were, because I was a little pissed,” he said, trailing off at the end.
“You told her?! Dude! What if she starts bothering Juliet?”
Holly was a “mean girl”. She would do anything to get her way and she wasn’t going to stop until she got it. She would make Juliet miserable, ruin everything Juliet and I might have had.
“Man, I’ll talk to you when I get there. Do you have Holly’s number? I’m going to have to set things straight.”
“No, dude. I didn’t catch it. I think Lisa might have it though.” Alex said.
“Alright,” I said and hung up.
Every bit of the peaceful feeling I had when I left Juliet’s house was gone now. Who knows what Holly was up to and why she was doing it. All I knew was that I had to stop it before it was too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys! And sorry this chapter is so short! Let me know what you think so far, do you want me to keep going?? :D