Status: This story has been copyrighted and has yet been rewritten into a new story that I'm hoping to soon get published; however I hope you enjoy reading this original!

Strength Of The World

Matt

Hour after hour, I found myself laying there, crying, confused, and disappointed in myself. I’d killed three innocent men because I was foolish enough to believe Jimmy; the Lord of the damned. Now I found myself stuck, with whatever he wanted. Sure he gave me my choices, but either way, I’d still be serving him in a way. After all his lies, who was I to believe that he’d actually even let me do all of the things he’d told me outside on the balcony before?

Sitting up, I looked toward the journal filled chest at the end of my bed, remembering the one titled Lillian. I crawled to the chest, pulling open the top, searching through the pile of journals until I found hers again. Pulling a small string that broke the seal, I sat back against the chest, pulling my knees to my chest, letting the small journal rest against my legs. I began scanning through the pages, hoping to find anything that might help give me answers.

“May 15, 1872
Another day spent alone, stuck in this prison. Perhaps I should have agreed
to what my Lord desired. He had lied and convinced me to do things
against my wishes, but anything would have been better than this.”

I wasn’t the first, and I’m sure if I read through the other journals, I would find that they went through something much similar to Lillian and I.

Continuing to scan through the pages, I found a small section that quickly caught my interest.

"July 7, 1872
I read through a book about originals today. I couldn’t help but come across
a section containing information about the Lord of vampires. It was rather
fascinating; speaking about how he became. Jimmy was once an angel that
roamed the earth. He would find wrongdoers and try to help save their
soul before it was too late.

The Lord of all things holy sent him a test one day. He sent him into the
presence of Lucifer. Being deceived, he believed this evil spirit would grant
him a better life than the Holy Lord could provide. When Jimmy failed his fathers
test, he was cast from the heavens, becoming a fallen soul.

Lucifer’s lies quickly began to reveal themselves and Jimmy became angry, yearning for revenge
against him. When the Lord of Darkness heard of Jimmys vengeful ways, he set a curse
upon him. He would be cast into Sheol, unable to walk in the day, and a hunger for human
blood. He would be in charge of keeping Lucifer’s immorality alive.

After many years of Jimmys progress, Lucifer granted him the privilege to once again walk
in the day. He was also given the freedom to leave and return to Sheol as he pleased.

However, Jimmys promises and curse could be lifted. Whoever drank of his blood and drained
him to near death or a full death, would then have full power over Sheol and his powers.”

A soft gasp escaped my lips as I tossed the journal back into the chest; burying it under the others. This was my escape. It was what I had to do to get my revenge. Jimmy was able to throw the damned into the pits, and if he chose, he could possibly bring them back. It was now up to me to make things right again, to bring back Zacky, Johnny, Brian, and to save Matt before it was too late.

Groaning, I pushed myself into a standing position, wrapping an arm tightly around my stomach as I staggered to the door, peering out as I slowly pushed it open. I began to make my way down the hallway and to the stairs, watching my surroundings closely; I didn’t want Jimmy finding me yet. I made my way down the stairs; standing between the front door and dinning room. There was another small wooden door situated between them.

I scanned the room quickly once more before making my way to the door, cracking it open. The new room revealed to be a another spiraling staircase, the walls and stairs were made of limestone and patches of mold could be seen along the walls. I started down the stairs, wall torches lighting the dark stairway. The room smelt of must and as if it’d been abandoned for years.

As I reached the bottom, I found a narrow, dirt, walkway with what looked like jail cells on either side. The wall that ended the small room had six nails sticking out with a key on each. A number was placed above each nail that matched the key with the cell it belonged to.

“Angel!”
Looking over the different cells, I found Matt standing there, his hands wrapped firmly around two bars.

“You have to get me out of here!”

I staggered to the keys, grabbing the one which had number 5 above it; the same number that matched his cell.

“When I open this, don’t run,” I placed the key into the lock, slowly turning it, watching him, “you have to let me explain things.”

As I pushed the door open, I stumbled forward, only to find myself in his arms, holding me up. A loud whimper escaped my throat at his touch against my sides and I took hold of his arms, pushing them lower.

“Angel” Matt whispered, looking down at me worriedly, “what’s happened to you?”

Matt picked me up slightly to set me on a small wooden bench against the wall; his eyes searching over my body rapidly.

I was surprised by his care for me. I’d killed not only his followers, but his brothers and yet, even back on Earth, he never once tried to hurt me.

Feeling his hands trailing over my sides again, I grunted, flinching away from him. He gently took hold of my arm, pulling me closer to him. Taking a hold of two strings that held my corset together, he locked his eyes with my own, as though he were asking if it were okay. I nodded once and sat still, letting him unlace my clothing. When he reached the bottom, he pulled the corset apart, gasping loudly.

“My God Angel…” he whispered, running an index finger gently across my side “what did he do to you?”

I looked down, to find two, perfect, hand marks on both sides of me.

“I’m sorry,” I started and his eyes quickly fixed themselves with my own “I know what he did, I figured out everything. He gave me choices, to either stay here with him as his queen or suffer and serve him with whatever he wants,” I paused, quickly wiping away a tear with the back of my hand, “I’m sorry I killed them, I should’ve listened when everyone was so confused. I was just so set on getting my mortal life back.”

I looked away from him, taking a deep breath, holding back more tears that were now stinging my eyes.

“I understand Angel” he pulled me into a soft hug, running a hand along my back soothingly “I remember the first, many, years after I was turned. I didn’t want this anymore than you do now.”

“I’m going to make things better, I’m going to fix all of this” I whispered, and Matt pulled back to look at me, confused, “I found a chest full of old journals and I read through one; it explained everything, how Jimmy became and how to kill him. I know what to do, all I need is my strength .”
Matt looked at me, astonished, “Angel you can’t…” he began, but I quickly stopped him.

“I can do this Matt; after everything I’ve done, I have to do this.”

He sat back, his eyes scanning through the room rapidly before looking back at me, shaking his head slowly. His eyes fell to the floor before hesitantly lifting his wrist to his mouth, piercing his own skin. A small trickle of blood slid down his skin and I inhaled deeply; my fangs growing at the intoxicating smell.

Matt fixed his eyes with mine once more, placing a hand softly against my neck, lifting his wrist to my own lips. I took hold of his arm with one hand, grabbing his hand with my other; running my tongue along the blood that had dripped once before, my fangs continued to grow. I pierced his skin, mouthfuls of blood flowing into me. His grip against my neck instantly tensed and a quiet moan escaped his lips. Continuing to drink, I closed my eyes, the pain in my sides fading away.

Not long after, I pulled back, licking the excess blood from his wrist and my lips. I needed blood to regain my strength, but I didn’t want to weaken Matt, I knew he didn’t have a supply of blood to keep him going.

“Thank you” a subtle smile played at the corner of my lips as I fixed my corset; standing.

He breathed deeply, watching me, wrapping a hand firmly around his wrist.

“I’ll come back, I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoyed the eleventh chapter of the story! My writing has advanced since I've written this and I've rewrote this story as an original piece of work that I'm hoping to publish before the end of the year! I love writing just to entertain others which is why I decided to post this story here. So I hope you've enjoyed this chapter and will enjoy the rest of the remaining story as well!