Status: This story has been copyrighted and has yet been rewritten into a new story that I'm hoping to soon get published; however I hope you enjoy reading this original!

Strength Of The World

Save Me

Jimmy had lied and deceived me. I should’ve killed him, God knows I wanted to. However, what would killing him prove? It wouldn’t make me any better of a person than himself. I had gained his power, I was now in control of Sheol, the Queen of the damned. The thought alone gave me chills. I was now in control of keeping Lucifer’s immorality alive. I had to keep army’s alive to do my work for me, which meant killing and turning the innocent. It wasn’t a job I could do; but what kind of punishment would that mean?

The Lord of all things evil had cast Jimmy to Sheol because of he vengeful ways against him and his refusal to be the way he yearned for. What would he do if I refused to do his work for him while I’m here? So many questions with no answers.

“Angel?” Matt watched me as I walked through the narrow dusty room, grabbing a key from the wall, unlocking a cell.

Pulling open the door, I tossed Jimmys almost lifeless body into the cell, shutting and locking the door, slipping the key away into my bra. I wasn’t leaving it here, I didn’t want him ever finding a way to escape. I knew after the years he’d become a corpse. Breathing so faint, you wouldn’t believe he were still alive. The suffering I knew he’d endure without blood pleased me. I felt no remorse.

I grabbed another key from the wall, unlocking Matts cell. Pulling the door open, his eyes scanned over my body slowly.

“What did you do?” he whispered, placing a hand gently to my cheek.

“It’s over,” I began, looking back at Jimmy before locking eyes with Matt, “I took away his power over Sheol.”

He dropped his hand from my cheek, walking to Jimmys cell, staring down at him “So who‘s in charge?” he looked back at me confused.

I glanced at the ground quickly, a soft smile placed on my lips as I looked up at him.

“You?”

Nodding, my smile slowly faded “I have one thing left to do. I have to try and bring back your followers, it’s killing me knowing what I did to them.”

“You can’t, Angel” Matt looked away from me “If that were possible, you would be able to bring back your parents…death is a punishment, not only for the ones who die, but for us, the ones left behind. It makes us regret, wish we could do things over and differently. We’re only given one chance to make things right and when we don’t and we lose that person; all we can do is live with guilt.”

I furrowed my brows, looking away from him. The shame I felt from ridding Matts followers, destroyed me inside. I had to live with the fact I’d killed not only innocent men, but Matts brothers. I knew deep inside there was no way for me to overcome this feeling and run Sheol the way Jimmy had. I would have to tear families apart; the way mine was.

“Matt I can’t do this.” I closed my eyes, shaking my head, soft tears sliding down my cheeks. A soft sigh escaped my lips when I felt his hands pressing against my cheeks, wiping away my tears with his thumbs gently.

Looking up at him, I took a deep breath “I wouldn’t be able to live with myself” I shook my head.

He watched me, a look of sincerity as he took a few steps forward, running his hands down along my sides before wrapping his arms around my waist, holding me tightly. This exact moment reminded me of the dream I’d had. Running down a hallway with the walls inclosing on me, reaching a door that couldn’t be escaped, a dead end. Then he was there, holding me, soothing me.

“How can I do it? How can I take this away from you?” he spoke quietly and I pulled back slightly, looking up at him “I can’t bare to look at you so hurt, so scared. I want to take this curse away, I want you to be able to go home, knowing you’ve defeated your parents killer, happy again” he half smiled, loosening his grip around my waist, pulling back some to look at me better.

“You would do that for me?” I couldn’t help but become overjoyed inside, a large smile now placed on my lips.

“I’ll watch over you and protect you, I’ll make sure you’ll always be happy” he nodded, releasing me “Just tell me how it’s done.”

Like the past week, his words seemed almost unreal, except I believed him, I trusted him. I had gotten my revenge, it was all I really wanted; besides bringing back Matts followers.

I had explained to Matt what I read in Lillians journal, about how Jimmy had became and how to kill him. How to take away his power. Through all the detail of what he’d become if he did this, he still agreed to set me free of the curse I now possessed.

We’d left the dungeon and returned to the room I’d been staying in. I grabbed a few bottles of blood, setting them on the nightstand beside the bed. I wanted to be fully prepared before he drained me.

“Are you ready?” he whispered, running his fingers along my neck.

“Just don’t accidentally kill me” I chuckled nervously, wrapping an arm around his waist, resting a hand against his chest.

“You’ll be fine,” he said assuring, placing a hand firmly against my lower back, tilting my head to the side, placing his lips to my flesh, “I promise.”

Matt ghosted his lips against my neck briefly before piercing my flesh, a small drop of blood trickling down my skin. My lips parted as a quiet moan escaped my throat. I felt his arms wrapping around me and I relaxed, taking a deep breath, letting myself fall into his grasp, closing my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hope everyone enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it! I hope my rewrite will some day be in stores for all to enjoy! As it is a rewrite, very much of the story has changed or will be changed, as I have yet to complete it! Thanks for reading and thank you for any feedback I've received!