Unrequited Love

You Could Call It Love, But You'd Be Lying

Gerard's POV

I'm not really sure how it started. Or why we're still doing it. All I know is that one day, for one bittersweet hour, we weren't rivals. For one beautiful, breathtaking hour, we were lovers. Sharing passionate kisses and kind words. Giving our bodies to each other as if it were only natural. As if it were the routine it soon became.

You could call it love. I could call it love, all I want, but deep down I still know that to him it was just a cheap fuck. My body is a play toy, a substitute for his precious Frank.

You could say I'm in love with him, and to tell the truth, you'd be right.

Somewhere within the loveless passion, the empty words, and the hungry glances, I'd fallen in love with him. I knew better. I've berated myself many times, punishing my body for its awful sins. Watching as crimson liquid seeped from the same bony wrists that held my love not so long ago.

No one noticed when I stopped eating.

I had to be perfect. Frank was perfect, with his warm eyes and slim, tattooed figure. I had to be just like Frank. Maybe if I was just like him, no one could tell us apart. Then that dumb singer wouldn't know who to love more.

It didn't work.

Frank still remained his prized possession, I his cheap fuck. Just a useless slut compared to the pure, perfect Frank.

I tried and tried, throwing away hours of my time to become a perfect person. I practiced everything I could, hoping to surpass Frank in skill. I still ate nothing, soon finding that I could easily count all twenty-four ribs. I always had to say the right thing, the dried blood on my wrists marking every time I made someone upset.

And yet I got nothing but a second glance.

I guess that's when I realized that I couldn't win. Frank would always beat me, no matter what the challenge. Even though Frank held no love for the singer, Bert would chase him till the end of time.

I guess that's what led me to this very moment, as I stand here with this rope around my neck. I smile sadly, tightening the noose once more. It has to be perfect. I'm to die alone, surrounded by the many trees of Bert's wooded backyard. No one will find me here.

I'll always love you.

I step slowly from my perch, falling sharply before a snap fills the air. I've broken my neck.

Forever and always.

My limp body sways slightly, my eyes slowly closing, void of all emotion.

Alone in my love for you.

Too bad I never saw the loving looks sent my way from perfect, hazel eyes.

Yeah, too bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Behold, the love triangle unfolds! So, Gerard was in love with Bert, while Bert loved Frank, who secretly loved Gerard. God, I confuse myself, I hope you could understand! Please tell me what you thought. :)

Much love, xoxo