Unrequited Love

They Say These Tears Don't Show

Bert's POV

They're dead.

Of course they're fucking dead, I tell myself. You killed them.

Do I feel remorse? Of course not.

How can I mourn them when they're sitting right here with me? I stare at the battered bodies in my arms, stroking Frank's hair with my free hand. He stares up at me, eyes empty, as always.

"Why so quiet, my love?" I ask.

He's silent.

Of course he's silent. He's so silly. I turn to Gerard. He's colder than Frank, and his skin's a sickly gray colour. His head's slumped awkwardly to the side, and I laugh at the blank look on his face.

I lean down and plant a small kiss on his numb lips. "Now Gerard, even though Frank's here, you can still kiss me." You're so silly Gerard, you and Frank both. You're acting so cool, and he's so shy. My funny little friends, my stupid little lovers.

I laugh.

I laugh long and hard.

I laugh until it hurts to breath, and even then, a smile remains on my face. You're just too funny, my loves. You're just too funny for your own good.

I push the two away slightly, staring down at my blood stained hands. Bringing one to my lips, I lick it slightly. It tastes bitter, and it's freezing cold. Frank's pale, hazel eyes stare at me. They're still empty.

"I love you, you know," I tell him. He's heard it before, I know, but I just can't keep from saying it. "But I love you too." I turn towards Gerard. His head's bent all the way back now, the outline of a bone jutting out from his ice cold skin. I do love him. Maybe not as much as Frank, but I do love him.

Something glimmers in Frank's stiff hand, and I stare down at the small, black gun. Silly Frank, playing with guns. If he wasn't so funny, I'd just have to yell at him. He could blow his brains out, afterall.

They're dead!

I shake my head. Of course they're not dead! They're sitting right here, making jokes! Gerard's pouting and Frank's acting so shy. Everything's normal, as always. I snatch the gun from the guitarist's grip.

It really is a pretty gun. I wonder if it's loaded?

"Bert, Gerard, Frank!" a cheerful voice calls from the doorway. Oh good, Quinn's here. Just wait until I tell him what good friends we are now.

"Oh, dear God," his voice cracks, and he falls to his knees.

Why? Is he that surprised about our friendship?

"Everything's okay, Quinn," I speak cheerfully. "It's more than okay, actually."

Bang!

Oh crap. My hand must have slipped on the trigger.

I stare down at Gerard and Frank. I'm sorry.

I guess we can't have fun anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!

Bert's crazy, in case you didn't notice. This is probably the weirdest thing I have ever written.

xoxo