Status: working on it

Brain Stew

Chapter 1

Walking through the park, I hear children laughing, dogs barking and parents yelling. Maybe this wasn’t the place to go. All I wanted was to get out of the house, away from my annoying siblings. I had been walking for hours without a destination, until I finally got this sudden urge to go towards the park. I remember walking this same pathway with my dad eight years ago. We had stopped going to the park after the age of ten because the park got too childish. I wish I could go back in time and make my parents go more often after I was ten. I’m constantly thinking about my dad and I hate that. After five years, I would have hoped to stop thinking about him.
As I continue walking, I notice my reflection in the pond next to me. My semi wavy brown hair is all over my head, which gives me almost the appearance of just getting out of bed. My clothes stick to every curve of my body, which probably look so attractive, but that doesn’t matter. I didn’t really notice anything of my surroundings before I was rudely knocked to the ground, with my back on the floor.
When I open my eyes, I’m confronted with a pair of brown eyes and a horrible array of pimples. The boy on top of me shoots out a few obscenities before getting off of me.
“I am so sorry,” the boy says. He bites his lip and keeps his eyes away from anywhere but my face. I can tell there is something wrong with him. I’m tempted to ask, but I want to be left alone and asking would probably cause more trouble than it’s worth.
“It’s alright,” I reply, “just watch where you are going next time.”
I start to leave, but the boy’s nervous look gets the better of me.
“Is everything alright with you? You don’t look so great,” I ask.
A few seconds later, he falls to the ground.