Mother Dearest

Persuasion

I wanna be the very best
Like noone ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause
I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Each Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside

Pokemon!
It's you and me
I know it's my destiny
Pokemon!
Ooh, you're my best friend
In a world we must defend
Pokemon!
Our hearts so true
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I'll teach you
Pokemon
Gotta catch 'em all!


A groan escapes my lips as the annoyingly catchy theme song of Pokemon played yet again. Why my 4-year-old brother, Aaron, feels the need to watch the day long marathon escapes me. Baby-sitting on a Friday night sucks, especially since it’s my first really day of summer vacation. But of course, I get stuck baby-sitting my 4 younger brothers while my friends are hanging out at the mall. I hate being the oldest and the only girl, I’m like a mother.

So say hello to all the boys at the top of this table that you’re under
Lipstick lullabies
This is sorry for the last time
And baby I understand that your making new friends
This is how you get by
The moral this time is
Girls make boys cry


Mayday Parade blasted from my cell phone across the room. Lazily, I got up off the very comfortable couch and trudged over to my phone.

“CoCoa if you call one more time complaining about me not at the mall, the-”

“Please, I am so much more important than CoCoa.”The cocky voice said on the other line.

“Alex? Holy crap I haven’t heard from you in so long! How are you?”I ask my cousin, whom I haven’t seen since Thanksgiving.

“Good. But I’d be even better if I saw my favorite-”

“What do you need now?”

“Why is it that whenever I call, you suspect I need something from you?”

“Because you usually do end up needing something from me.”

“That may be true, but how would you like to spend the summer at Warped Tour?”

“What’s the catch?”

“Why do you assume that there’s a ca-”

“What’s the catch Alex?” I hear a sigh on the other line.

“Look, Nano is sick and Vinnie is spending most of the summer with family. So, please Dani, help us. You can even bring CoCoa.” He states desperately.

“What do CoCoa and I get in return for being your band’s merch girls?”

“Well, you guys will be able to listen to different bands play all summer long, and you get to spend time with your favorite cousin ever.”

“You mean Chrissy?”

“That was cold.”

Ding Dong.

“Hold on, some one is at the door.” I say walking over to the front door. And guess who is on the other side of the door.

“Surprise!” Alex exclaims. “So, you and CoCoa should get packed ‘cuz we’re leaving Monday.”

Crossing my arms I ask, “Alex how do you plan on persuading my parents to let me go?”

“Please, Aunt Clara and Uncle Eric love me.”

“Uh huh. Even after you drove Toby’s 4-wheeler into the deck?” I reminded him.

“That was a one time thing. And I apologized. But seriously do you really want to stay here all summer babysitting Aaron, Max, Nathaniel, and Toby when you can go to Warped Tour? It’s not like you have to think about college, you all ready attended one because you’re a fucking genius.”

“Oh shut up Alex! Just ‘cuz my parents home-schooled me doesn’t mean a thing.” I retaliated angrily.

“Yeah and finishing college at 16 is nothing.”

“Dani! We’re home!” My mother yelled from the kitchen.

“Aunt Clara and Uncle Eric!!!” Alex yells likethe little kid he is, running to them. I just roll my eyes.

“Dani! Dani! Come quick!” Aaron calls.

I run to the living room, “What Aaron? What’s wrong?”

“Max hit me!” Aaron yells.

“Max, what have I told you about hitting your brother?”

“Not to.” Max, my 6-year-old brother, replies.

“Exactly, so leave Aaron alone.” Pouting, he nods his head and runs upstairs to his room.

“Dani, sweety, pack your things you’re going to help Alex and his band.”

Wide-eyed, I stare at Alex. How was he able to pull this one off, he’s angenius idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me if you like it. It's my first story.