Mother Dearest

I Never Forgot About You

Image
“Love is like the sun coming out of the clouds and warming your soul.” I read another love note.

“I still say they’re all from Martin.” CoCoa says plopping herself onto Alex’s lap.

“How do you even know that it’s him?” Zack asks reading the new love note.

“It’s just so obvious.”

“How?”

“Because he’s in love with Dani. Not to mention he freaks me out.” CoCoa says matter of factly.

“That is the lamest reason ever.”

“You’re only saying that because think it’s someone else.”

“Who do you think it is Dani?” Rian asks.

“I don’t know. I just don’t think it’s Martin.”

“MOMMY!!!!!!!!” Jack screamslike a little girl running into the room.

“What is it Jack?”

“I had a nightmare.” He answers pouting.

“Aww. Come here to mommy.” I say patting the seat next to me. Instead of sitting in the seat next to me, he seats himself in my lap. “Oof.”

“It was terrible! I was being chased by the evil green witch! And she was trying to kill me with her evil little goblin gerbils!”

“Goblin gerbils?”

“Yeah, they had razor sharp claws, poisonous spit, and really bad breath! It was horrible!!” He exclaims throwing himself onto me.

“Oh there, there Jack. Everything’s gonna be alright. Don’t worry, I won’t let the witch and her minion gerbils get you.” I reply trying to comfort him.
--------------------------------------------------
I love you- those three words have my life in them. I read the new love letter and toss it in the pile of letters with the others.

“Another one?” Zack asks entering the back of the bus, wrapping his arms around me.

“Unfortunately.” He chuckles. “What?”

“No, it’s just that most girls are usually flattered when they have a secret admirer.”

“Well not me. My last secret admirer stalked me to no end. It wasn’t until he was sent to jail that he stopped.”

He stares at me. “You had a stalker?”

“Yeah. His name was Anthony. He was in every single one of my classes growing up. He was two years older than me and he was always so nice to me. We became friends and gave each other nicknames; his was Cheerio and mine was Munchkin. If any guy would even try talking to me, Anthony would be in his face. I always thought he was just looking out for me because I was younger than everyone else. He became friends with my family, hell even Alex thought of him as family. But all that changed when I turned 15.” I sit on the couch.

“What happened?” He asks sitting next to me.

“I had my first real boyfriend, Connor. Anthony absolutely hated him; he even threatened Connor’s life three times over the five months that I dated him. Every boyfriend that I had was despised by Anthony and ever since I started dating, I would letters from a secret admirer. After a while I got so fed up with him that I told him we were no longer friends. He flipped out and went on a rampage trying to ruin my life. One day I went to his house to talk to his mom about him. As soon as she opened the door she started apologizing for her son’s actions. Then she took me to his room and I couldn’t believe what I saw.”

“What did you see?” Zack asks eagerly.

“I saw me.” He looks at me confused. “It was like that one part of Phantom of the Opera. He had a mannequin and it looked exactly like me. Its face, hair, and the way it was dressed. His room was covered in pictures of me; me with friends, family, boyfriends, anyone. And in the corner of his room was like a shrine to me.”

I pause remembering everything. “After I left, I didn’t see him for a week. Then one day when I was home alone he came over. We fought and he told me everything; his room, the mannequin, his secret admirer love letters, and his love for me. He said if he couldn’t have me, no one could.”

My breath became shaky and my eyes start to tear. I take a deep breath and continue. “He came after me and beat me. Even though I could defend myself it was useless because he was bigger than me. He almost raped me if it wasn’t for Alex. He was visiting that weekend and he got to my house just in time. Anthony was sent to jail for attempted rape on a minor.” I wipe my eyes as I finish. Zack wraps his arms around me protectively. I hug him and we stay that way for a while.

Rian comes in with another letter. “Here Dani, you got another one.”

I take the letter, by this time everyone is in the back room with us.

“And I'll love you 'til my life has ceased
And still more with my soul
Because that fateful day we met,
My heart you forever stole.

P.S. I never forgot about you- Cheerio”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is kinda late. I was really busy lately.
I think it's kinda shitty.
Tell me what you think.
Comments are appreciated.