Mother Dearest

Coffee Break

Image
I stumble out of bed and make my way over to the kitchen. As soon as I enter everyone looks at me.

“Looks like Sleeping Beauty is finally awake.” Alex says jokingly.

I flip him off.

“Daddy! Mommy stuck up her middle finger at Lexie.” Jack screams pointing an accusing finger at me.

“Lexie?” Zack asks with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes, Lexie. It’s my nickname for Alex.” Jack answers.

“You okay sweetie? You look like shit.” CoCoa says making her way over to me.

“Way to make me feel better CoCoa. And no, I don’t feel great. I’m gonna go for a run. Where’s the nearest Starbucks?” I ask picking out a tank top, a pair of basketball shorts, socks, and my running shoes.

“The nearest Starbucks is 5 miles away Dani. Are you really gonna run all the way over there?” Rian asks unbelievingly.

“Yep. There and back.” I answer going into the bathroom to change.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you ever felt so confused that you need as much time as you can get alone? Time to think about everything, from friends to family, and from boyfriends to people you never want to remember. I used my time running to think over everything that has happened over my time at Warped Tour. I love to run. I feel like no can catch me and if I just keep running, I can escape from everything.

I pull the doors of the Starbucks open. Smelling the aroma of coffee beans, I make my way over to the counter, ready to order.

“Dani? Is that you?” I hear someone ask behind me. I turn around to see Paul and Martin.

“Hey guys. What are you doing here?” I ask as I receive my hot chocolate, blueberry muffin, and a double chocolate chip cookie.

“Just here to grab some coffee. Where’s everyone else?” Martin asks looking around for anyone from All Time Low or CoCoa.

“I came by myself. I ran here.”

“All five miles?”

I nod my head in response. “Well I’m gonna go grab a table. Care to join me?”

“We were just about to leave. But it was good seeing you Dani. Tell the guys ‘hello’ for us.”

I wave goodbye as I sit in a seat in the corner by the window. I turn off my cell phone and take a sip of my hot chocolate, enjoying the quiet atmosphere. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath and release it. Taking a chunk ok my blueberry muffin and popping it into my mouth. I munch on my food for the next half hour and relax.

I wish Anthony would just leave me alone. I don’t need him getting in the way of me and Zack. I love Zack. Anthony will just cause trouble for everyone, especially me. I wish, I wish things were normal.

Done with my little coffee break, I throw away my trash and head to the bathroom. After I finished my business, I washed my hands and splashed some water on my face. Before I run, I stretch a little and turn my cell phone on.
----------------------------------------------------------------
“CoCoa do you think Anthony will do anything?”

“Anything can mean a lot Dani.” She states.

“Do you think he’ll hurt anyone?”

“Maybe, if he really wants to. I mean last time you really saw him, he almost raped you.”

“I know, it’s just I don’t want you guys to get hurt because of him.”

“Sweetie, it’s okay. We all know how to take care of ourselves. Well, I’m not so sure about Jack.” We laugh.

So say hello to al the boys at the top of this table that you’re under
Lipstick lullabies
This is sorry for the last time
And baby I understand that you’re making new friends
This is how you get by
The moral this time is
Girls make boys cry


“Hello?”

“You looked good running today.”

“Goodbye Anthony, I’m going to hang up now.”

“Now why would you want to do that?”

For some reason his voice seemed close, almost too close. Gazing at the people around, I notice a shady figure under a tree not too far away. Realization dawns on my face as my cell phone slips from my hand.

“Dani? Are you okay? What are you looking at?” CoCoa asks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took a while. I've been really busy lately.
It's kinda shitty. And only one person respond to my one shot idea.
They suggested Jimmy. If you have any ideas or someone from A7X that you like, comment please. Comments are loved.