For You I'd Bleed Myself Dry

We're Only Here On Borrowed Time

I stared at the letter for the rest of my session and all the way back to the hotel. I placed it on the nightstand. I threw myself on the bed and pulled out Harry’s laptop. I went to the local California newspaper website and clicked on the obituaries. Embarrassingly enough I never knew Carl’s last name so it took me awhile to find him, Carl Haley. There was a small picture of him, a detail description of his life, family, funeral and service were included. I sloppily jotted down the day, time, and place.

I decided since I was on the computer already I might as well check out what people were saying about last night’s performance. I went onto youtube and found a video of last night. I was surprised to hear the comments the girl who was filming was making. I could hear her quite sobs in between ‘awe’s’ and ‘oh my gosh.’

I continued scrolling down to read the comments. Every nice and supportive comment gave me goose bumps. More importantly the crude comments just bounced right off. Harry and I are in love and that’s all that really mattered. Harry dealt with all this cancer stuff, receiving some hate and negative comments were the least I could do for him.

I slowly shut the laptop and lied back onto the fluffy pillows. I would be forever grateful to Carl whether the transplant worked or not.

Harry POV

We just finished soundcheck and some interviews. The lads decided to go play some football, I went to backroom. Making sure I was alone, I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I put the seat down and sat on the toilet. I pulled out my phone and went to my videos, clicking on the one of Quinn shaving her head. Watching this video became a routine for me. I watched it before all of our shows and just whenever I was missing Quinn.

I took notice to how different Quinn looked. She was sick in the video but compared to how she looked now, she looked healthy. Seeing Quinn start to cry as her hair fell to the floor always triggered tears.

The video was interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Just a minute!” I yelled. I wiped of any left over tears. I unlocked the door to reveal a breath taking Quinn.

“I was just thinking about you.” I squeezed her tightly, kissing the top of her head.

Her small voice let out a giggle. “I was thinking about you too”

“How was your session babe?” I asked, holding her hands.

“That’s actually kind of why I’m here…” she looked at the floor. “I’ve got some news.”

“Well come on love, tell me” my mind wandered.

“I don’t want to get your hopes up…”

Just by saying that my hopes were already up, “Please?” I begged.

She slowly guided me to the couch. “I met this man at my last session, Carl. He was the sweetest thing. The whole time he told me stories about him and the love of his life, Ellie. They were so in love and it was perfect. And well he wasn’t at the next session and the doctor gave me this letter…”

I started reading the letter. Who was this man? I was rather confused the whole time reading until the last paragraph, I looked up at Quinn, my eyes swelling with tears. “Is this for real?”

“Yeah” she played with my knuckles. “I mean this is a miracle and can finally get me better but there’s no guarantee and I just…”

I cut her off. I crashed my lips into hers. Any little possibility to get Quinn better was all I ever needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lalala bit of a filler :P
All the comments have been really overwhelming
Thank you so much!

Don't be shy
Comment and Subscribe

xoxo