‹ Prequel: Sluts in Love

Glitter, Guts, Glory

Honeysuckle.

Contacts irritate the fuck out of me. Putting them in, using that solution, taking them out, et cetera. It's so time consuming and unnecessary. Plus your fingers are practically in your eyeballs. Yuck. No thanks. But a certain little girl of mine just so happened to have stepped on them earlier, so my choices were being blind as a bat or contacts.

Daisy likes my glasses too. She tells me all I need it a type writer and a cigarette because I could be the next Bill Burroughs. I tell her to go fuck herself.

She plops herself down on the sofa and rests her feet on my lap. "You wanna help me out here?" she asks. I rub her swollen feet because I guess it's the least I can do. She closes her eyes and for a second I can see just how weary she is.

"He's been up and at it all day," she rubs her belly.

"She'll be a dancer," I tell her. I'm hoping for another girl. A boy would be just fine, but I can speak from experience that older sisters are no fun. Daisy looks at me with the glint in her eye that means she thinks she knows something I don't.

"Sure, sure," she mumbles before falling asleep. That's one thing I never figured out; her ability to fall asleep anywhere at any time. I stare at her stomach for a few more minutes. I really hope it's a girl. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if it was a boy just the same. I guess I'm just hoping for another little Daisy.

"Tessa," she talks in her sleep sometimes. My blood turns to ice. Maybe I shouldn't have told her about seeing her earlier. I've apologized countless times over the years and some nights I have bad dreams about that day. I always feel like the poorest excuse of a human and shame fills every cell of my being, but Daisy assures me that I've been forgiven, to let go of the past. "Dumb bitch," she sleep hisses. It makes me chuckle. She blabbers about some more nonsense for twenty minutes, then wakes up.

"Where's Rosie?" she looks around. I stopped rubbing her feet but threw a blanket over her.

"My parents took her to get ice cream," I tell her. Daisy doesn't want Rosie to take on the traditional gypsy role. She wants her to have a choice, whether it's staying in the home and cleaning or going to school. I myself don't care what Rosie wants to do, just as long as it makes her happy.

"I'm entirely convinced it's a boy," she folds her hands across her stomach. "He can't sit still, just like his father."

"If he is just like his father, he'll have no problems in the good looks department," I say as she cuddles up next to me. She snorts at that.

"He'll also have quite the charm..."

"Hey," I say and she laughs. Our little house doesn't have much, as it's our first and our budget is pretty tight. But it's cute and of course Daisy fell in love with it at first sight. And just because it needs to be said I say to her, "I love you, you know that?"

"I love you too, Leo."
♠ ♠ ♠
I sincerely hope this was a satisfying ending. I'll miss Leo&Daisy quite a bit, but Jenna a.k.a. nanook, pelican park., and horserideraja I hold you near and dear to my heart. <3

I HEART YOU ALL NEVER FORGET IT K?