‹ Prequel: Sluts in Love

Glitter, Guts, Glory

Hair-moss.

The first time Daisy flat out rejected my proposal was only about six months after we met. I said it pretty jokingly, so I thought that was why she said no. It stung like a mother fucker, though.

"Hey," I had said. We were lying on my sofa watching the fifth Star Wars episode. It was on television and eleven at night and a commercial was on. I hate commercials. "You wanna get married?" I don't know what I was thinking. My father used to tell me I have no filter when I speak. I guess I was thinking that I was twenty three years old, I had no career, and there's this hot woman by my side who could probably support my future in being a deadbeat.

"Yeah, not really," she hardly even blinked. In fact, she didn't even look away from the tv.

"Is it because I forgot the ring? Shit, I knew I was forgetting something."

"It's not the ring."

"Is it because I'm ugly?"

"Nah."

"It's because I'm fat, isn't it?"

"Obviously."

"I knew it," I sighed all dramatically and got up to get another soda. "And here I was, thinking she liked me for my hot body..." I muttered just loud enough for her to hear me. When I closed the door to the fridge she was there, arms crossed and leaning against the counter.

"My family is crazy," she explained. I didn't think anyone could be crazier than my family.

"My family is crazy," I told her, leaning on the counter across from her and mimicking her pose. "I have four sisters. You know what their names are?" I didn't give her a chance to guess. "Violet, Rose, Poppy, and Ivy." She snorted.

"My middle name is Rose."

"Rose's middle name is Daisy."

"Really?"

"Nah, I'm shitting you," I grinned. She cracked a grin too and punched my shoulder. "My mom's pretty spacey. My dad's angry all the time." I followed her back to the couch and she put her legs up on my lap.

"I'm the oldest. I have two brothers and a sister. Plus, my aunt and uncle live with us, with their two kids," this was closest she'd told me about her family.

"Why would-?"

"Sh," she silenced me. The movie was back on.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey I just met you
& this is crazy
but let's watch star wars
and make out, maybe?