‹ Prequel: Sluts in Love

Glitter, Guts, Glory

Acacia.

Baby Bruce claps me on the back with staggering force. My legs buckle a little bit, but I remain upright. Don't let his name fool you. Baby Bruce is ripped and tall and looks like he can kick my ass in less than a second.

"I know you haven't touched my daughter in any inappropriate way," he says, except he sounds like Jack Nicholson. Well, if Jack Nicholson was a gypsy with a million kids. "She has the goodness in her heart. She knows what our family values. Plus," he adds with a grin, "she hasn't let you touch her all night."

I nearly piss myself because I'm so relieved. "No, sir. She hardly lets me touch her at all, I can promise you that."

"I'd imagine, kid. And it's Baby Bruce, get used to calling me that," he laughs at something he finds funny and kisses my cheek. After being interrogated by Baby Bruce, his father Big Brucey, and the rest of Daisy's relatives, I was so tired I just wanted to go hide in my bed and sleep. Daisy's brother, Eddie, comes to my side and introduces me to a handful of people, but I keep forgetting their names.

A grimace comes to his face when he sees someone. Eddie can't be any older than Rose, and his hair is gelled and spiked that makes him look like a porcupine. "And that's Little Ben," he points to one guy who is, once again, not little at all but could probably tackle the Hulk. "He's an angry drunk. It's because of him we're not allowed to rent out most places around here." I nod. From the corner of my eye I see Daisy approaching us. She's decked out in all her glitter glory, which is actually not a lot compared to the birthday girl. Daisy shouts a "Let's dance!" in my ear as soon as the music starts up again. We're dancing and she's moving in such a way and more than anything I want to kiss her. I want to kiss her and hold her but I know Baby Bruce and her brothers would kill me. We dance until the song ends and Daisy starts fanning herself with her hand, pulling her hair into a bun at the top of her head with the other. "You wanna go?" she asks me, forehead glistening with sweat. I nod.

If I thought meeting everyone was endless, saying goodbye was just as bad. Everyone kissed our cheeks once, sometimes twice, gave me a handshake and some hugs, hugged Daisy, the girls asked her things I wasn't allowed to hear, they'd giggle, gave us another drink for the road, remarked on Daisy's sparkly dress. It was exhausting. I didn't know how they could do that at every party to every guest.

"Well, don't say I didn't warn you," she told me, pulling her seat belt across her lap. The clock read 2:39. The party started at eight. The time certainly flew by.

"They're nice," I said. Because they were. Loud and hard party goers, too, certainly, but nice.

"You better get used to it. You'll be one of us soon," she yawned on the last word. Daisy agreed to bring me to her cousin's birthday party as long as I promised to marry her. I didn't have to think that one through for too long. Apparently, it would be a waste to spend time on someone like me if we weren't going to get married. At first I was nervous they would hate me because I wasn't a gypsy. But Daisy assured me that they wouldn't mind, that her father's sister in law is a non-gypsy too, and she's treated like part of the family.

I know, it's weird.

Daisy fell asleep in the car and I had to carry her inside her house. I took off her shoes and placed her in her bed, pulling the blankets up to her neck.

"Good night, Daisy," I whispered. I turned to leave.

"I love you, Leo," a soft voice was muffled with sleep.

"Love you too, Daisy." And I really did. With all my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sick of mibba
I have this all written out and so I will update this just about everyday because that'll take me to when I go on vacation and then idk.