A Note From A Dead Man.

Chapter 2

I don’t know how to start this. I see people on films using their note to apologise to their loved ones, explain why they’re taking their own life and tell their parents that they love them, maybe even say it’s not their fault. But, in my case, that’s not true. I don’t love my parents and it is their fault. But this isn’t a film, this is reality, and in the films they only have a single sheet of paper. I have a book.

It was my parents fault. All of it. Not that they’d care if they saw this. Because I was born of two clans I am different. My right eye is red, from my Mother’s side the Libitina Clan, my left eye is violet, from my Father’s side the Arbitianon Clan. When I was born I was a disgrace. They didn’t want me, so they threw me to the street. The lucky orphans die. I, unfortunately, managed to get by drinking the blood of anything I could catch. Rats, cats, dogs, and owls mostly. One time there was a that rogue werewolf that thought I’d make a good chew toy. I drank from him for ten seconds, then left him to bleed to death in the alley, his blood mixing with the rain, just because I could. I should have let him kill me.

What’s that face for? That grimace? I’m a vampire what do you expect? I don’t live on magical fairy dust. Trust me, I’ve tried that, it tastes awful. What? Did I not tell you I was a vampire? Well I am. I’ve had to deal with it and now so do you. Either way in my world there are no foster families and no orphanages. You either live or you die. I’d hope for the latter.
You’ve not been subtle enough have you? If that thing in the corner of your eye, your Watcher, is gone it means they’ve seen what you’re reading and they’ve gone to tell your Decider. Game Over for you. Now you may be thinking that you’re clever. Maybe you’ve got your back to a corner so they can’t read over your shoulder? Ha. Wrong. They’re in the walls. They’re everywhere. If you get a telepath they’re in your head all the time and you never stood a chance. Unlucky for you. But back to my childhood.

To sum it up it was terrible. I killed. I starved. I hid. I fought. I stole. I was alone. I knew what I had to do, thanks to the tattoo on my wrist, but I refused. The way I saw it was that you Human’s never did anything for me so why should I help one of you? You have to admit. My logic is sound.

Then, sometime after my eighteenth year, I met Ellen. Now, unfortunately, my kind remember everything from the moment they’re born to the moment they die. So, unfortunately, I remember Ellen. I was wandering the Earth plane when I first saw her. Her blonde hair bouncing around her knees. Her pink eyes dominating her face. Her pale skin reflecting the sun in a way that made her appear flawless. That black and purple choker that she always wore, with the little jewel that would change with her mood. Everything. I remember her. I was in love from the first moment I saw her.

Since I had no Human to protect I decided to initiate myself upon her. At first I followed her but she was too good for that. Within a mile she had led me into an alley where she spun on her heels, sprung up in the air, somersaulted over me and landed with the grace and ease of a cat. When I turned to face her I found her grinning at me with a gun pointed straight at my head. That beautifully crafted ebony gun. I still have it here with me. It’s hand grip gleaming in the light with its little white rose carved into the wood. The gun’s name was Lillian. It was her pride. Her joy. I could see why. She had demanded an explanation for my stalking and I couldn’t give one. She laughed at my stupidity and told me to walk with her. I did as she said, hopelessly in love.

She told me her name and guessed straight away I wasn’t Human. She wasn’t either. She was a vampire from my Mothers’ Clan. When I had asked about her eye colour, pink being a strange colour for a vampire, she mentioned something about a mutation and changed subject. I didn’t press the subject but I liked her even more. She was different. Unique. At some point in our walked she turned and held out her hand, explaining that it was time for us to depart. She was a Decider. I noticed the tattoo when reaching for her hand. That meant she was dangerous. I almost didn’t notice the number thirteen tattooed onto my companions wrist, below the Hourglass, in Roman Numerals. Almost. But I reached for her hand and pulled it towards me to get a closer look, enquiring about what it is and why it was there. Ellen didn’t take kindly to this question and ripped her hand away from me, covering it with her sleeve. I didn’t ask anymore. I never did find out about that tattoo…

We met every day for six months. She made me happy, even helped me turn my life around by helping me choose my weapon, an ivory handled knife with a diamond blade, training me until I was a perfect shot and could kill at will. She even went as far to find me a Human to Watch. After the Human came into the equation we spent less time with each other. It unnerved me. But we were both busy looking after one of your kind. The worst part is you wont appreciate it.

I grew to notice just how dangerous little Ellen was. Although she looked fragile and delicate she was far from it. While she could cry on demand and make you truly believe that she was lost and injured, she was, in fact, the perfect killer. She was agile and nimble, with fangs so sharp they could slice through air. Her golden locks were like steel as she ordered them to restrain her victim while she finished him off. But, despite her talents to kill whoever she wanted and get away with it, she restricted herself to only killing people who had done bad things. She had once said: “We complain about how disgusting this world is and how badly Humans act so why not do our bit to change that?” I agreed with her. Ellen had morals and I planned on living by them.

On our seventh month together I bought her a ring and confessed my love for her. I didn’t propose. I didn’t want to marry her just yet. I just wanted her to know. The stone was the same colour as her eyes and, as her little jewel glowed a deep purple, she relayed my feelings. I had never been so happy. Two weeks later, her Human died so she was all mine while they assigned her a new one. We were happy, care-free and in love for another three months.
One night, while we were training, someone stumbled down our alley claiming to know what she was. Taking him for a drunken fool she went to offer to escort him home so he’d be safe. The sick bastard staked her right there in front of me with a broken chair leg. He didn’t make it out of the alley. After retrieving her gun from the pile of ash that had once been my love, Ellen, I shot him in the back of the knee. Then I tortured him, ripping different tendons out one by one, pulling his finger nails from their beds, twisting his teeth in a full circle before shoving them back up into his gums. No nerve, tendon, artery, vein or organ was left untouched. If you can think of it I had probably made him endure it. He died five hours later of his injuries, but for me that was too soon.

After that I went on a killing spree. Although it went completely against everything Ellen stood for, without her here, I couldn’t bear it. No-one could stop me even if they tried. I killed women, babies, animals, old people. You name it. I enjoyed killing each one of you pathetic beings. You took my Ellen away from me in the worst way possible. How dare you call us animals. Us. After how you treat anyone who is different from you! At least we have control over who we kill and use them as food. You people just kill randomly. For no reason! It disgusts me. That’s why I’m going to enjoy spilling my world’s secrets, almost all of you will die and those of you who don’t will soon wish you had.

With Ellen gone I had nothing else to live for but I vowed that I would not stop until I had caused the Human Race as much pain as they had caused me. First I killed my Human. I thought that would be enough, but it wasn’t. This move meant that I was now a rogue vampire- Aren’t you proud of me now parents? Your own blood, a rogue- After realising that didn’t fill the void I killed a bunch of random people, but that didn’t do it either. I decided I had to be a bit more dramatic so I killed around a thousand children and babies, but still that didn’t work. I killed children’s parents and made the children watch as their family screamed for help, that did something but still wasn’t enough. I was stuck for an idea. I had done the worst thing I could think of doing and that hadn’t worked. Then I realised it wasn’t only the Human’s I was angry at. I realised that my world was at as much fault as the Human’s. If they had been quicker in assigning her another Human she wouldn’t have been there. If they had made sure no-one ever found out about our kind she’d still be alive.

But they didn’t and she wasn’t and so I decided to write this.

Ellen was the only happy thing that ever happened in my life and that didn’t last long enough. I wont extend anything further on her because, if I’m honest, you don’t need to know. No. You don’t deserve to know. All Ellen wanted to do was to help you, make your world that little bit better, and you killed her. Now I know you’re probably thinking that he was just one person and that he can’t be used to stereotype the rest of the Human population. But you’re wrong. You see, what he demonstrated was the animal instinct that is inside each and Every one of you. That instinct, that as soon as you are threatened and as soon as the little knowledge you have get’s questioned, you strike out, eliminating the possible challenge. You can’t stand that you are no longer the top of the food chain. You don’t like the thought that there might be something a bit more powerful than you out there and I don’t blame you.

At the end of this I’m going to join Ellen. I’m going to use her gun to kill myself so my world’s authorities don’t get me first. I wont give them the satisfaction of getting me first. This will be sent to over two hundred publishers and I am sure that one of them will print it. If not then the fact that it will also be sent to over four hundred thousand people’s Facebook, Twitter and Google accounts should get some sort of reaction. I’m going to ruin both yours and their lives, just like you ruined mine. The world you live in is about to get a hell of a lot more scary.

You see, we never forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter. Leave me your comments!- Emily