Sequel: The Space Between
Status: Completed. :)

Never Alone

Chapter Fifteen.

John adjusted his microphone as they prepared for the show that started in merely 10 minutes. Jenna stood on the side of the stage watching the boys run back and forth to make sure everything was set. She was a bit excited herself. She loved watching them play. John looked over catching her eye and he flashed one of his crooked grins at her before giving her a wink. She smiled trying not to blush as he chuckled and looked back at what he was doing. He was winning her over and he knew that now.

The show began sooner than she thought and she sung along tapping her foot as they did so.

"So this next song is to a very special person in my life. It just kind of reminds me of her. So yeah." John said shooting her a look as the boys snickered knowing who he meant. Luckily, he was on his third beer and didn't care.

"I will collapse. So let's make this moment last. I am alone. No, not because I'm lost because I'm found and I like the way it sounds when I'm at home. Don't say that I can't do it on my own. Then you did collide and broke through the other side straight to my heart. You're the ember to my flame when it gets dark..." John sang and looked over at her as she bit her lip trying to contain the butterflies.

"...and I love the way I feel when I'm with you and I cannot find the words, no..." He sang and she assumed it was to her which was in fact true.

"...I'll burn this house down, no need for walls now, cause when I'm with you I feel like I'm right at home."

She shivered as she took the words in and she had to force herself to breathe. There really was no denying it anymore. She loved John. Maybe not like she loved Eric, but she loved him none the less. She could feel it in her chest and she hated herself for it.

The show ended eventually and the boys ran off the stage sweaty and exhausted.

"Be back." John said kissing her cheek softly before heading to the shower although he wanted to just scoop her up and kiss her. She nodded slowly and as he left all eyes were on her immediately.

"What?" She squeaked out and Kennedy smirked, "You like him."

"So what?" She grumbled and Garrett smiled, "I knew it!"

"Awe." Pat chimed in and she rolled her eyes.

"He sounds like you." Jared stated and she couldn't help but chuckle. The boys continued interrogating her until John showed up with wet hair and fresh clothes. They all shut up immediately and he gave them looks, "Are you all just going to stand there?"

"Oh no." Kennedy said snickering as they all left her and him alone.

He stared at her uncomfortably as he shoved his hands into his pockets not sure what to say. A grin hit her lips and he gave her a questionable look, "What?"

She shrugged, "You're cute."

He stifled a laugh, "Thanks?"

She nodded and he confidently stepped to her, "You're cuter."

She rolled her eyes and he leaned down to be eye level wih her, "Can I kiss you?" He asked softly and she nodded. He kissed her sweetly before taking a step back with a grin on his face.

"Come on ladybug. Let's get out of here." He said holding out his hand for her. She nodded and gladly accepted.

"Did you like the show?" He asked as they hit the night air.

"Of course."

He grinned as their walking slowed down a bit, "Good."

"You know I like your singing."

He chuckled, "Yeah I should by now huh? You ask me to sing to you almost every night."

A blush hit her cheeks and he leaned down pressing his lips to her jaw, "I don't mind. Lucky for you I like you or I'd charge you a ticket price." He teased and she laughed shoving him lightly.

"No you wouldn't."

He grinned, "Probably not. I think you're cute so yeah..."

She laughed as they reached the bus, "Such a charmer."

"I use to be."

"Yeah what happened?" She asked jokingly as he pulled her onto the bus.

"You happened."

She bit her lip as he fell onto the couch exhaustedly, not thinking about how his words made her feel.

"Tired?" She asked the boy whose eyes were now closed.

"Very."

"Go to bed."

"Coming with me?" He asked with a grin as he looked over at her. She grabbed up his hand, "Come on."

He smiled as they headed to his bunk and he swiftly lifted her in before kicking off his shoes and laying beside her.

"Mhm." He mumbled happily as he shut his eyes, the smell of her overwhelming him.

"That song. Was it about me?" She asked randomly and he ran his fingers over her arm, "Yeah. Of course. Who else?" He whispered against her ear and she shrugged.

"When I'm with you I feel like I'm right at home." He sang softly holding her to him and she immediately got butterflies.

"Can't help it." He said, "It's just what you do to me."

She grinned against his shirt as he played with her hair. She actually did understand. When she was with him she never felt alone. She felt comfortable and happy.

"You make me feel that way." She responded softly and he kissed her head, "That makes me extremely happy to know."

She held onto him tightly and he pulled back to look at her before pressing his lips to hers, "You forget we are a lot alike. Did you feel that kiss from here to here?" He asked pressing his hand over her beating heart and then to her butterfly filled stomach.

She nodded and he kissed her once more, "Me too." He whispered as the bus filled with noise from the loud boys boarding. He rubbed her side as he relaxed back on his pillow and shut his eyes.

He sang to her at a whisper as she shut her eyes finding herself tired now as their legs tangled together messily. The bus grew quieter once the boys settled into their bunks and he hummed to her as the pair fell asleep.

He woke up without her the next morning and that seemed to bother him more than he assumed she knew. He sighed and shut his eyes as his head hit the pillow. Before he could make himself move, his curtain opened and he felt the girl craw over him carefully and back into the spot she had onced possessed. A grin hit his lips as he turned on his side and immediately wrapped his arm around her.

"I was wondering where you were."

"Bathroom."

"Mhm." He mumbled kissing her cheek before cuddling to her.

"Did you miss me?" She teased and he chuckled, "Yeah. I don't like waking up without you when I go to sleep with you."

"I'll remember that." She whispered and he kissed the corner of her mouth, "Thanks ladybug."

She cuddled to him and he wrapped his arms around her tightly. She kissed him causing a grin to hit his lips. He would never be use to it, but he sure did enjoy it.

"Mhm. I'll be back." He said kissing her lips several more times before forcing himself from the bunk a frown hitting her lips, "Where are you going?"

He smiled, "I'll be right back, darlin'." He whispered leaning onto the bunk to meet her lips again. He loved her like this. It made him fall harder for her if possible.

"Ok." She whispered and he kissed her once more before heading up to the front. He had to smoke regardless if the bus was still in motion. He sat at the table opening the samll window as he lit his cigarette.

"You kiss now?" He heard as Kennedy sat across from him. John smirked, "Yeah I mean, I'm not sure what it means, but yeah."

"Be careful dude. I just feel like you're more invested right now. Not saying she doesn't like you but you know..."

"I get that, I do. But it's too late man. I love her. So I'm kind of already too invested."

Kennedy gave him a weak grin, "I know."

John threw the cigarette out the window and shut it before standing from his seat.

"Your lady awaites." Kennedy smirked and John rolled his eyes as he headed back to his bunk spraying some cologne on his naked torso before hopping in. He knew how she felt about his smoking habits.

"You left me to smoke?" She mumbled and he chuckled pulling her to him.

"You left me to pee so..."

"Fine. We're even."

He laughed and kissed her cheek, "You're too cute."

"Am not."

"Are so." He responded poking her nose with his finger. She made a face at him and he grinned down at her, "So just for future reference, I can kiss you when....fill in the blank here."

"Now?"

He chuckled and did just that, "And when else?"

"Whenver you want, O'Callaghan."

He looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "Whenever? I mean, what if someone sees..." He asked questioning just how serious she was about their unknown status.

She shrugged, "Do you care?" She asked softly. Her heart was racing but the truth of it was she was ok with anyone seeing them. She liked him and she needed to stop denying it. Everyone was right, it was ok and Eric would be ok with it. She knew that. He would want her to be happy and John made her happy. Hell if anyone would understand it was him because John was his best friend.

"No. Not at all. I just want to know how you feel about it." He said seriously and she grinned, "I'm ok with it."

"Yeah?"

She nodded and he kissed her softly, "You sure?"

She laughed, "Yes."

He chuckled, "Ok, ok. I just...yeah...pretty happy right now. Won't lie."

She smiled at him as their curtain opened revealing Pat, "Good morning. Rise and shine. We are here and going to get breakfast. Ten minutes. Pronto." He said so formal they busted out laughing.

"You guys are assholes!" Pat shouted as he headed to the front of the bus dramatically.

Jenna giggled and John watched her with a smile of his own. He was so happy right now he was certain his heart was going to explode.

"Come on ladybug." He whispered kissing her gently before hoping from the bunk. He helped her down slowly and once on her feet he kissed her forehead before going to grab some clothes.

See, being patient did pay off and John was living proof of it. He just hoped he had the strength to keep it around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe. Don't you just love them? :3 ....or is that just me?...haha. I wish I could tell you what I have planned, but what would be the fun in that?! ;)

Thanks for commenting;
Useyourtelescope
Lovelyhope
Multi colored ranger
:)