Sequel: The Space Between
Status: Completed. :)

Never Alone

Chapter Twenty.

"So, I'd say this is our...well, 10th real date wouldn't you say?" Eric asked causing Jenna to laugh from her seat across the table.

"I assume you're right."

A grin hit the boy's lips as he brushed his dark hair from his forehead with his hand. He of course then realized how sweaty his palms were. He was nervous which he knew was stupid. No, he wasn't nervous because they were on yet another date, but because he planned to finally say it. He planned to tell her he loved her and that was a big deal for him. He had never told a girl that besides his mom if that even counted.

He sighed as he placed his hands on the table trying to calm himself.

"You ok?" She asked with curiousity as she noticed his odd behavior.

He nodded causing her to tilt her head as she looked at him in disbelief.

"I'm fine." He forced out and she rolled her eyes before looking back at her plate. He had to make himself eat and once they left the restaurant she couldn't help but question him yet again.

"Eric. Are you sure you're ok? You're being super quiet..." she stated as he held her hand and they walked slowly down the sidewalk.

"I love you." He blurted out and she stopped walking. His eyes darted to her as nerves filled his stomach.

"I'm sorry. Wow, that was not the way I wanted to do that." He mumbled rubbing the back of his neck slightly embarrassed now. Of course she was taken off guard by his confession but a grin hit her lips anyways.

"You love me?" She asked and he nodded as he felt a blush light his cheeks.

"Yeah, I um, sorry I've been quiet all night. I just, I wanted to tell you that and it made me nervous and yeah..." he fumbled out.

She smiled brightly and he studied her unsure if she was smiling from his words or secretly making fun of him.

"I love you too." Jenna finally said and Eric released the breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"Yeah?" He asked with hopeful eyes, his hair now a bit of a mess thanks to his fingers running through it in anxiety.

She nodded, "Yeah."

He smiled and held his hand out to her. She chuckled softly and placed her hand in his allowing him to pull her close.

"So yeah. I love you. A lot." He whispered and she giggled, "I love you too Eric. A lot."

"Well, I have to say I seriously stressed myself out over nothing..."

"I noticed. Pretty cute though."

He rolled his eyes with a smile as he brought his free hand to her cheek, "Whatever. Almost had a heart attack."

"Why? Scared I wouldn't say it back?"

He nodded instantly, "I don't deserve you. I know that."

Jenna rolled her eyes, "Oh whatever."

He grinned before touching his forehead to hers.

"Well too bad. I said it back there's no turning back now." She whispered and he chuckled, "I couldnt even if I wanted to, Jenna."


Jenna woke up to a quiet bus and cuddled closer to John. Her eyes shut back contently from the feeling of his breathing and the familiar smell of him. She felt comfortable and safe in his arms which proved what she felt was real. The boy stirred beneath her and she felt his arm tighten around her waist. Jenna din't bother to move as his fingers brushed her lower back repeatedly.

"Jen?" He whispered in a sleep filled voice and she hummed back a response.

"Can we continue this in a moment I'm about to pee on myself."

She chuckled as she removed herself from him and he quickly hopped from the bunk. She laughed at the boy's silly ways before cuddling back into the warm cover. She glaced at her phone to check the time only to see it was still early in the morning. She sighed and buried her face into John's pillow. She was almost back to sleep when John crawled back into the bunk.

"Better." He whispered pulling her close.

She mumbled an ok and he kissed her cheek a few times before relaxing against her.

"Today Jenna." He whispered and she opened her eyes as she tried to pick through her brain for what he could be referencing to.

"Today?" She finally asked.

"Yes. Today. I'm taking you on a date today."

"Yeah?"

He nodded and kissed her jaw, "Yes. A real date. You and me."

She turned to face him and a grin hit his sleepy face, "Is that ok?"

She nodded and he kissed her forehead, "Good."

"Where are we going?"

"Texas."

"Not what I meant..."

He laughed, "I know. I really dont know yet. Somewhere. Anywhere really. I just want to take you out."

"That scares me."

"It'll be fine, ladybug." He whispered with a grin as he played with her hair.

"Ok. Can we sleep now?" She asked her eyes shutting and he kissed her cheek before pulling her to his chest. He began to sing softly and before she knew it she was out.

What felt like moments later, but in reality was hours she heard John whisper her name, "Jenna..." she squeezed her eys shut and he placed his hand on her cheek, "Baby get up."

"No." She finally got out and he chuckled, "come on. It's almost noon and we're finally here and we have 7 hours before the show so I need you to get up."

Sh finally opened her eyes slowly only to be met with john's, "how long have you been up?"

"Since we woke up earlier. Couldn't go back to sleep."

"You could have woke me up."

A grin hit his lips, "Nah, you were tired and super cute."

Jenna's cheeks instantly turned red and his smile widened, "Go get ready."

She nodded and he pecked her nose before leaving her be. She sighed and forced herself out of the bunk to go get ready. Luckily it didn't take her long despite John's impatient behavior.

"Ready now?" He asked as he watched her slip her flats on.

"Does it look like it?"

"Yeah."

"Then yes, I am."

The boy rolled his eyes as Pat snickered from the table, "She's a jerk. I love it."

"Yeah, that makes one of us." John joked grabbing for her hand.

"Really? Well then maybe Pat and I should go out instead."

"That's totally up to you, sweetheart." John replied coolly and she rolled her eyes as he led her off the bus.

"And yet I'm the jerk..."

The boy laughed and pulled her into his side placing his arm around her waist, "I was kidding, but you and I both know you would rathr hang out with me over Pat."

"Are you sure about that?" She asked with a raised eyebrow and he nodded with a grin, "Yeah, I'm better looking, witty, smart and you can kiss me so..."

"I could kiss Pat."

He rolled his eyes, "Could, but you actually want to kiss me."

"You sound so confident, O'Callaghan."

He smirked, "Well, I am."

"Well Pat's funnier."

"He may be, but so?" He said chuckling.

She elbowed him lightly as they continued walking aimlessly. John had did some research during his time alone while she slept and found a bowling alley not to far from the venue they were playing at.

"Bowling?" She asked and he nodded, "Yep. I can't do the whole dinner, movie thing."

"Good."

He chuckled as they paid for a lane and shoes before finding where they needed to be.

"Don't be mad when I win." She said causing him to stifle a laugh, "Ok, babe. Yeah."

He leaned over and kissed her cheek as she finished tying the ugly shoes.

"I love you." He whispered and she turned her head enough to catch his lips with hers. He brought his hand gently to her cheek and once they parted a grin hit his lips, "Told you, you liked kissing me."

"Shut up and bowl." She mumbled shoving him lightly. He smiled and kissed her once more before getting up. She watched him in thought as she realized how her heart was still racing from the kiss they just shared although they had kissed more than a few times already.

"See, I'm good." He said turning to face her and she looked over at the pins that were no longer there.

"I hate you."

He laughed as she picked up her ball and walked closer to the lane. She slowly threw it down and watched it intensely as it made its way to the pins. Once they all fell down she squealed a bit and turned around bouncing on her heels causing John to crack a smile even if she did do better than him.

"See I'm awesome."

"You seemed surprised." He chuckled and she shrugged, "I get excited."

He stepped to her placing her hands on her hips before leaning down and kissing her softly, "Good job, ladybug."

She looked up at him, his eyes seeming brighter than normal along with his crooked grin that caused her heart to beat rapidly.

"I love you." She blurted out.

"So...wait, what?" He fumbled out wide eyed.

"Yeah that was random I know, but yeah, I love you." She said her cheeks now a dark red from embarrassment.

John's heart now hurt from the emotion he felt as he stared at the girl completely taken off guard.

"Um, I now feel completely uncomfortable." She said causing a chuckle to leave his lips.

"Sorry, I just, wow, really?" He asked still unable to process her words as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Of course."

"I love you too, Jenna. More than you'll ever understand." He said cupping her face. She nodded and he kissed her instantly. His heart felt like it could burst at any given moment. He had never felt this way and it was making him a bit light headed.

"You're so amazing." He whispered before pressing his lips to her forehead.

"John, it's your turn. Go. People are around us." She said with a smile which he returned, "I don't care."

"John..." she said shoving him lightly and he laughed as he went to pick up his bowling ball, "Fine. I will."

They left the bowling alley a couple hours later and John held her hand on the way out. His eyes glancing over at her occasionally.

"Jenna..."

"Yes?" She asked chuckling as they walked slowly to the bus.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked and a smile hit her lips, "I'd love to be your girlfriend John O'Callaghan."

A smile lit up his face, "Really?"

"Well, no. I just told you I loved you in hopes we would go our seperate ways." She joked and he rolled his eyes, "Such an asshole."

She let out a laugh and he pulled her to a stop as they reached the bus, "So, we're really going to do this? No backing out last minute?" He asked and she shook her head, "No backing out. I'm serious, John."

"You have no idea how happy that makes me."

"Good, because I can't be without you." She whispered as he held her to him.

"You'll never be alone, ladybug. I'm always going to be yours. I love you." He replied before capturing her lips with his.

It was strange for Jenna to be so happy. It had been forever since she had felt so complete and although she would always love Eric she knew that John was her future. The way he looked at her and how he made her feel made that for certain and for once she was ok with that. She loved him like he loved her and she would make sure she didn't ever let that go.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!

I just didn't want to drag it out. I felt like this was a nice ending point.

Maybe a sequel in the future? :3

Thanks for commenting;
Mutli colored rangers
MedicatedDreams
Daisylove
Dzsinidzsoni
Too_Weird_To_Live
On your side;
:)

And thanks to everyone who commented/subscribed/recommended this story. I love you all.