Sequel: Lethal Silence

Tell No Truth

Clint's Point of View
S.H.I.E.L.D.: A secret military force that I have spent the past twenty odd years working under. I have done everything they have ever told me too, no questions asked. In retribution? I would never have to go back to the one place I hated. But now they are sending me there and there is nothing I can do except stick out my upper lip and go.
Carson's Carnival: The true bane of my existence. While I will always be thankful for the gift I was given during my time at the Carni, I will always despise it. The name alone gives me daymares and to be sent back there … bless the idiot who decided this mission was a good idea because I will be coming for them.
Trickshot: My mentor. He was never my friend; he was never the father he was supposed to be to my thirteen year old self but he helped create the man I am today. I guess I have to add him to the list of those who deserve a thank you card.
Barney Barton: My dear sweet older brother. He kissed Trickshot's ass in a way that could almost be questionable. When I was left for dead, he turned his back on me and walked away. There is no lost love between us …yet I would do anything to have him back.
Clint Barton: I was once the best known archer in the Carni world. Trickshot trained me to be his assistant and then for my own act. I was so good that he eventually pulled me into his conman act outside of the tent. I enjoyed that a little too much and now I'm the world's best sniper for S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm cold, I'm cocky, I'm calculating and my humor is off beat at best. Coulson and Natasha repeatedly tell me that my ego needs to be knocked down a peg and I spend too much time in the Medic – but I am the best. I've never missed a target and if I feel that I'll cut it close, I'll take any means necessary to make that shot. I am Hawkeye.
Kody: A civilian that enjoys mine and Trickshot's act. She's there every night in the front row seat with a smile on her face and for the first time in my life: I am distracted. But she can never be part of my life, she can never know me and I can never know her. I regret ever making sure that we crossed paths ….

© 2012 Starkette;
© 2012 THE AVENGERS, MARVEL STUDIES/MARVEL INDS.
© 2005 BAD AGENCY, SHERRILYN KENYON
© Bongs Before Bibles for the lovely banner