Status: When inspiration hits.

Screwed

#SCREWED

"So I can go home?" I piped hopefully, with a smile.

Dr. Anderson smiled with a nod," Your blood pressure is still a little high, but nothing to unusual.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to get back to on the results of that blood culture. Were having some difficulty with the machines. We'd like you to check in with your family doctor in about a week. Bed rest until then, a lot of fluids, nothing to hard on your stomach."

I nodded eagarly as a nurse came in and dropped off my things.

After I changed back into my shorts and One Direction hoodie shoving my blackberry into my pocket and took the elevator to the lobby to sign my release papers.

A&J.

“Breakin' out the good stuff for your little coming home party,” Tanner stuck his stuck his tougue out of a crazy grin shaking a bottle of Jack and Smirnoff above his head, “You feelin' up to drinking it up with the big boys, Mari?”

"Uhm, not really. I kinda just want some Sprite and some tomato soup.” I sighed shifting through the piles of papers and pop cans that had accumlated on their computer desk while she fanned herself with a stack of junk mail trying to lessen the blow of the sweltering heat,” Have you seen my address book I need to call the studio and make sure I still have a job.”

Tanner shook his head pulling his shirt over his head and wiped the accumlating sweat from
his face and chest before he tossed it aside.

“It's hot as hell in here. If we don't get that air conditioner fixed soon I'm going to have to strip naked every time I walk through the door.”

“I don't think Josh is that comfortable with you, Hun.” I sighed wiping the sweat from my forehead with the strap of my Night Ranger slapping a weak smile on my lips, “I'll call as soon as I get off the phone with work.”

The homephone began to ring as soon as I found my little black book.

I groaned leaning back on the desk chair putting my hands over my face in frustration. It felt like I had a million and one things that had to be done right now. My stomach suddenly lurched tying itself into knots making me scrunch my eyes insanly hard.

“I'll get it.'Tanner started for the phone his eyes looking me over like I was heading for the grave, and who knows maybe I am.

“No, I got it,” I picked up the black cordless from the dock.

A&J.

Tanner scrunched his eyebrow looking her over carefully catching the sagging stoop of her shoulders, the drone in her voice, her soaked tanktop and daisy dukes that stuck to her skin.

She was totally worn out, and the sickly pale tinge to her already pale skin and the persistint scrunch in her forehead told him she felt like shit.

“Hello this is Jamie from Hollywood Community Hospital, is Angel Chanel Taylor there right now?”

“Yes, this is she.” Angel replied offhandedly as she flipped through her address book searching for her bosses number at the studio.

Tanner waved his hands frantically to get her attention mouthing “who” pointing at the phone.

She put her hand over the mic, dropping her book on the table open on the number she needed, “It's the hospital.”

Tanner nodded plopping back on the couch he watched her as she put the phone back to her ear, “I'm so, so sorry my phone glitched, and I did'nt catch any of that.”

“Oh, that's fine, It probably works out better, because I think this may be something you might need to talk about with Dr.Anderson. I can schedule you an appointment for tomorrow if you like?”

Angel bit her lip her eyes fluttering closed, “I really apperciate the gesture, but could you please just tell me what's wrong? I'm really, really sorry, but I'm just insanely busy right now.”

“Oh, okay if that's the case...” the nurse spoke softly, her voice becoming very light and gentle.

A&J.

“Josh,” I answered hurriedly as he heard the phone click on the other end, “Where are you?”

“On the road, I'm only about 10 minutes away. Is something wrong? You sound stressed out?”

He said sounded slightly gargled because of the handsfree carphone.

“There's somethings bad wrong with Angel, the hospital called and she went stark white and has'nt said a word since she hung up. I can't get her to talk and to be perfectly honest she's scaring me, man.”

The line went quiet for a minute, and her heard a car engine rev in the background, “I'll be there in two minutes.”

The phone clicked off, and I put the it back on the dock a he silently watched his best friend gripping the arms of the computer chair, her breathing becoming heavy and uneven.

I pushed a pecie of her hair out of her face putting a hand on her face trying extremly hard to keep his voice calm, and even, “Sissy, your really starting to frigten me, please, please, please tell me what's wrong.”

Angel sat still as a statue blinking every now again as she stared blankly at the wall.

Tanner sighed heavily his chest began to ache from the insane amount of stress this was putting on him.

Two quick knocks on the door and some of that weight seemed to lift off his shoulders.

I unlatched the set of lockes on the pelling white door and opened the door to see a very dishelved boy in hoodie and tight jean brush past him in a blur.

Josh kneeled in front of her, peeling her clamy hands from the chair and taking them into his own he looked up at her with carful, worried eyes.

“You can tell me anything.” Josh spoke lowly, the chidlike innoence of the worry in his voice visbily melting away her shocke exterior.

Angel opened and closed her mouth slowly before falling into his arms on the floor wrapping her arms tight around his neck. Streaming, large tears poured down her cheeks as she sobbed into his shoulder softly.

I watched them feeling my eyes grow wide as he immedinatly wrapped his arms tight around her murmuring comforting words into her ear.

A&J.

“Tell me, baby.” I murmured as sweet as I could possibly manage without my voice cracking from the sheer fear I can feel pulsing wildly through my veins.

I had known this wonderful woman for about two months, and as crazy cliche it sounds I could definaitly feel myself falling head over heels for her.

I was'nt just her hair, or her smile.

It's everything.

The way she sways her hips when she walks, the way she is just so open to anything and everything and she's never condesending or harsh.

The way she absulutly has to rip her burger into pecies even though she hasn't had braces since she was twelve, and the way she has to have smores poptarts every day for breakfast or she'll be in a pouty mood for the rest of the day.

Not to mention how she was immedinantly so easygoing, and down to earth around me even though I know for a fact her feel-good movie is Bridge to Terabithia.

I did'nt know how I would tell her, and looking at her holding her in my arms as she cried harder than i could've thought possible I could feel a part of me dying.

“God, please.” I heard my voice crack and I didn't care. I didn't want to know any more.
I needed two, because I could feel the splinter thin cracks forming in my heart as it pounded frantically in my chest.

“I-I am. I'm pregnant.” She breathed.