Status: enjoy;]

Falling in Love for the Night

jack barakat

There’s a place off ocean avenue
Where I use to sit and talk with you
We were both 16 and it felt so right
Sleeping all day, staying up all night
Staying up all, night


“Kara, you and Rian are so cute.” I said, smiling as we walked to Zack’s party down Ocean Avenue road.
“I know! You and Jack belong together, if you haven’t noticed.” she giggled, walking into the sea of sweaty, dancing, drunk teenagers.
“Sarah!” yelled Alex over the pounding music. I smiled, hugged him, and peeked over his shoulder, looking for Jack.
“He’s outside.” Alex whispered, handing me a plastic cup. I raised an eyebrow.
“Who?” I asked, trying to cover it up. I took a sip of the contents in the cup and Alex smiled, giving me a knowing look.
“Shut up and go!” he said, spinning me around, and slapping my butt. I walked out onto the porch, and sat on the wooden swing.
“Hey Briggie.” Jack joked, using a nickname my teacher had given me.
“Bassam.” I replied, gulping my drink.
“How was soccer?” he asked making me scoot over.
“Good. I miss having you guys watch us.” I laughed, shivering from the cold.
“Be right back.” he said, hurrying into the house. I looked over the city lights, falling in love with the view. About three minutes later, Jack came back with a tray of drinks, a red pillow, and red blanket.
“Stand up.” he instructed, putting the tray onto the side table. He laid down with his legs open, with just enough room for me to sit down in between. He tossed the red blanket over us and I leaned back into his warm chest.
“If you feel something hard, it’s not my small, unequipped, excuse of a penis.” he whispered, replacing my empty drink with a full one. I laughed and took a sip before snuggling back against his chest.
“How was band practice?” I asked.
“Great, now that we have 4 songs to sing.” he joked, getting another cup for himself. We began to talk until the sound of voices and music began to die down. We talked about everything. School, parties, family, how Alex’s family was holding up, Joe and May’s life.
As the sun began to rise, I began to drift away to the even beating up Jack’s heart.

There’s a place on the corner of cherry street
We would walk on the beach in our bare feet
We were both 18 and it felt so right
Sleeping all day, staying up all night
Staying up all night


“Fuck yeah, baby! Out of school!” Jack yelled, running on the beach.
“Straight into the water!” Alex exclaimed, grabbing Lisa’s waist and pulling her to the waves. Rian grabbed Kara and Zack grabbed Emma. I looked over at Jack’s goofy grin.
“Don’t even.” I said, pointing at my best friend.
“I wonder if you really mean that.” he said, pausing before he dragged me into the water. You could barely see anything, despite how big the moon was.
“You got sand in my undies!” Jack pouted, crouching down into the water. I laughed as he stood back up, putting his hand on my lower back. As Jack and I began to walk on the beach, I got a burst of courage.
“We need to talk,” we said at the same time. “You first,” we did it again. I laughed as Jack took first chance.
“So last Friday ‘All Time Low’ went to a garage to play for a party. Tommy Roger’s uncle is the owner of Hopeless Records.” he started.
“And?” I asked as we sat in the sand. Jack took a seat next to me.
“And we were asked to go to his house.” he continued, looking down at the sand.
“Jack, it’s alright.” I said, rubbing his back.
“We got the deal!” he yelled, jumping up.
“Are you serious?” I jumped up into a hug with Jack. “That’s fucking awesome, I’m so proud.” I continued as he spun me around. When he set me down, my heart began to pound, then sink.
“Your not happy pappy.” Jack pouted his lower lip out. I couldn’t help it.
“I am happy Jack. Just, when are you leaving?” I asked, tucking my hair behind my ear.
“Not that soon, just…tomorrow.” he said, scratching the back of his head.
“Jack!” I yelled, stepping towards him.
“We’re gone for 4 to 5 months.” he said back, taking my hand.
I sighed. “I am happy, really. It’s just, I haven’t gone more than 3 weeks without you my entire life.” I replied, pulling him in for a hug.
“Fuck, I know.” he sighed. “It’ll go by fa- hey, didn’t you want to say something?” he asked. I laughed at his ADD.
“I forgot” I lied. A fire by the beach was started, and we walked to it. There was a blanket left for Jack and I to share.
“We’re not aloud to sleep.” declared Alex.
“We’ll always be together!” Jack sang. I laughed at his bad impression of Grease.
“Chang chang, changity chang shoobop!” we yelled, doing out hand motions. Soon we were all pretty drunk, laughing about nothing. I caught a glimpse of Jack and peeked over to him. He was more perfect as ever under the moonlight and bright stars. The fire flickered off his chocolate brown eyes, and the moon outlined his features perfectly; dark brown hair and his perfect, yet goofy grin - they all made me fall in love.

If I could find you now
Things would get better
We could leave this town
And run forever
Let your waves drop down on me
And take me away


It’s been half a year since Jack had left me in the dust. He promised me when they go to Boston, they’d stop on the way to Virginia. All I wanted to do was quit designing college, and run away with Jack to be with him forever. As I drove where we last said goodbye, I wanted to jump into the waves and have them bring me to Jack.

There’s a piece of you that’s here with me
It’s everywhere I go, it’s everything I see
When I sleep, I dream, and it get me by
I could make believe that you’re here, tonight
That you’re here, tonight


When I got to our apartment, my stomach rumbled.
“Want some dinner?” asked Laina, chewing some chicken.
“I just need sleep, love.” I yawned, going to my room. I took of my clothes, putting on shorts and Jack’s ‘Nirvana’ t-shirt. It still smelt like him. I fell on my bed, and slowly drifted to sleep.

If I could find you now
Thing’s would get better
We could leave this town
And run forever
I know somewhere, somehow we’ll be together
Let your waves drop down on me and take me away


When I woke up, I looked out of my window, to the park where I had spent so many nights with Jack, talking about life. I closed my eyes and laid back down, but all I could see was the day I let Jack go.

I remember the look in your eyes
When I told you that this was goodbye
You were begging me not tonight
Not here, not now
We’re looking up at the same night sky
Keep pretending the sun would not rise
We’ll be together for one more night
Some where, some how


I didn’t want to let go of Jack as I hugged him one last time.
“Don’t cry Briggie! It’s not goodbye.” he whispered. I smiled a little bit, looking into his eyes. They were bloodshot from lack of sleep, and holding back tears. I closed my eyes, embracing him again. It was only 9 hours earlier that we laid by a fire on a blanket.
‘I wish we had one more day.’ I whispered, pulling into Jack’s side. We stared up at the darkening sky as clouds rushed over the stars.
‘When I get off tour, we have to go to Disney World. I promise.’ he whispered.
Like so many others, that promise was broken.

If I could find you now
Things would get better
We could leave this town
And run forever
Let your waves drop down on me
And take me away


“If I get burnt, I’ll be pissed.” Laine stated. I smiled and put my hair up in a messy bun.
“Well ‘Briggie’, shut up. You have the perfect color.” Emma said, hitting me. I smiled, but the old nickname made me sit up.
“We should walk by the water so we get tan more quickly.” I said, then we began walking down the beach.
“Is that..” started Emma. I looked up, seeing my boys strut down the beach. Jack had a blonde chunk in his hair, still wearing that goofy smile.
“Jack..? Jack!” I screamed, catching his attention, and we began to run towards each other. I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his waist.
“Sarah.” he whispered, hugging me tighter. When he let me down, I looked at the man I was in love with.
“You broke your promises.” I pouted. He unfolded my arms, and put them around his neck, pulling me closer with his hands on my waist.
“I can promise you this.” he said, looking to my eyes.
“Mmm?” was all I could say, because I was lost in his lips.
“I’m in love with you.” he whispered, and slowly brought his lips to mine, kissing me softly, but passionately. My mind disappeared and when he pulled away, all I could say was “I’ve been waiting for so long.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ocean avenue by yellowcard<3
COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS