Status: enjoy;]

Falling in Love for the Night

Murphy MacManus

Image

October was always the coldest month without snow in Boston. My jacket bundled tight around me as I sat on the bench, not sure when my roommate would be home. Of course I'd forget my keys on a night like this. I was exhausted, having worked all day at my uncle's bar. Drunken pricks always tried groping me when I'd lean over the counter. My uncle didn't care - as long as I was making him more money. I sat on the bench outside of an Irish Pub, attempting to light up a cigarette. My lighter was out of fluid, of course, so I muttered a few swear words and threw the useless piece of trash. I bit my lip and listened to the voices approaching from down the street.

"I can't wait to see the look on his face when we walk through that door." There was a slight accent in their voice, but I didn't get my hopes up. Boston is filled with Irish natives.
"Aye, good old Fuck Ass!" Now the other voice was unmistakable. It was raspy from the years of cigarettes, but so soft it could put me to sleep. I recognized it from anywhere. They were my saviors the night my family was murdered.

So here I was drunk at 2 am, stumbling to my parents house. My apartment was 9 blocks further from the bar and I was too fucked up to find my way. The familiar sidewalk lights turned up and I made a left up to my front steps. When I reached the front door, it was already cracked open a few inches. My gut sank and suddenly my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. The house was never this quiet, even at night. Peeking around the corner I saw 3 bodies limp and lifeless on the floor. A blood curdling scream ripped through my chest as I recognized my father, mother, and little brother Lucas. Sobs shook my chest as I took my fathers hand.

"No, daddy." How could this happen? More importantly why my whole family? Could they still be looking for me?
Suddenly I jumped up and ran through the kitchen, where I saw two men a little older than me. They were still there! I ran as fast as my legs could take me through the backyard, even though they were calling after me. More bodies covered the floor, but this time they were on their backs and had their arms crossed over there chest with pennies in their eyes.
"I can explain." The voice behind me made me jump. I hadn't realized I stopped walking.
"Stay the fuck away from me!" I pointed a warning finger at them. "What the fuck did you do to my family?!"
The one with the black hair and blue eyes took a step towards me. "The only killing we did were those bastard Italians." His voice was deep and thick with an Irish accent. I observed the 6 bodies sprawled around my yard.
"Then who-"

"We're sorry about your family. We came too late." Now the other one spoke and took a step to be next to the first man.
"How can I believe you?" I asked, starting to find myself able to stop the tears.
"We would never bring death to anyone who was innocent." My eyebrows cocked in confusion.
"Who are you?" Suddenly the night air hung cold and thick.
"I'm Murphy and this is my brother Connor. We're the MacManus brothers." The one with the black hair - 'Murphy' - stuck out his hand, but I just stared at it.
"Not to make matters worse, but we ought to leave before anymore visitors come back."
"What do you mean?" I asked as the brothers turned away. Murphy looked at his brother and licked his lips before turning to me.
"Those motherfuckers came for the family. We need to keep you safe."
They offered me coffee. They let me drink a lot of liquor at Docs. They let me sleep in one of their beds. Murphy stayed up all night with me as I awoke from nightmares. He held me from behind and ran his fingers through my hair, whispering that everything would be okay.
And I believed him.


- - -

"Do either of you Irish fucks have a lighter?" They both froze in their tracks.
"Aubree?" Connor asked in disbelief. My smile grew wider because before I knew it, Murphy had me wrapped in his arms for a hug while spinning me around. I laughed and wrapped my arm around his neck, then kissed his cheek.
"How've you been?" Connor now pulled me into a hug.
"I've had better days, but I'm still standing. How are my two favorite Irish men?" Murphy offered me a lighter that I took gratefully.
"Visiting with one of our favorite Americans," Murphy winked and held out his arm. "Shall we?" Gladly, I took both the brothers arms and they led me in.
"Hey Fuck Ass!" Connor yelled as we got to the counter. Doc is literally the nicest man I have ever met in my life.

"Boys!" He came out from the backroom and his eyes landed on me. "Beautiful Aubree!" He took my hand in his and kissed the top. "What br br brings you here?"
"These crazy Irish bastards!" I yelled, slapping them on the back. They smiled at me, but Murphy's stare lingered. I smiled up at him.
"What?" I asked, nudging his arm. He took a shot and shook his head.
"You look different." I raised and eyebrow and put my hand on his cheek.
"So do you, you have facial hair now." Connor laughed behind me so hard I thought he almost fell out of his chair. "Connor, don't be so full of yourself." Now Murphy was laughing and slamming his hand on the counter.
"Lass, I missed you." He slid his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer.
"I missed you more," I replied, smiling up at him.

"I never went to prom." I admitted, reaching over to the almost empty bottle of Jack.
"The fucks that?" Murphy's eyebrows wrinkled as he looked into my eyes.
I laughed before replying. "You dress up in really pretty dresses and dance all night." The look on his face was amused. "My date ditched me, so I sat at my house in my dress all night. Everyone got their dance, their fun memories. Me? I got alcohol poisoning."

"Hold that thought, love. " Murphy smiled and walked over to the jukebox, flipping through the music.
"Aub, you should join us," Connor offered, sliding me a gun.
"Absolutely!" I grabbed the gun and cocked it, pointing at the dartboard, narrowing out the bulls-eye. Or was it? I was pretty drunk.

"We've trained you so well with a gun I think you could be part of us."
"Seriously?" I don't know how I'd ever be able to be calm in that situation. They always did their job so easily.
"Connor, don't go filling ideas in her head." Murphy shouted over the music. Doc laughed and shouted back his usual profanity.
"Seriously Aubree, you are very skilled."

"Miss Aubree Monet, can I have this dance?" Murphy's whisper caused chills to scattered across my skin in seconds. His accent wasn't helping the grow heat in my stomach, making it's way lower.

When I stepped off the stool, he took my hand and led me to the jukebox. The song Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chili Peppers was playing over the speakers.
"Murph, this isn't exactly a slow song." He took my hands and out them closely around his neck.
"Shh, you'll ruin the moment." His hands pulled me tight against him, resting on my waist. The feeling of being close to him after 8 years of wishing he was still by my side made me ache. When his hands slipped lower so they were on the skin of my back, I tried to hide that it made me catch my breath.

"Did you think about me?" Murphy's rough, yet soothing voice whispered in my ear. I smiled up into his beautiful blue eyes that I swore I'd never forget.
"All the time," I whispered back. He smiled down at my and pulled me closer, kissing my forehead. I tried not to let it faze me; it was something he did since the first night he met me.
"Can you high school lovers come join us for a shot, or what?!" Yep. Connor was drunk. "Hell I'll do it for ya!" We just laughed at the twin and looked up at each other.
"Thank you, Murphy." I kissed his cheek and pulled away.
"As always, it was my pleasure." He kissed my hand and made me blush, once again.

As we approached the bar, Doc had already poured us a few shots. I didn't know what it was and I sure as hell didn't care. A few more hours passed, along with a few more shots, plenty of cigarettes, and even more laughs.
"So you're staying with us, yeah?" Connor nudged my shoulder after Murphy went off to the bathroom.
"Mr. MacManus, are you trying to flirt with me?" I jokingly gasped. He winked followed by a laugh.
"I ain't letting you walk home by yourself, that's for damn well sure." Connor tipped his drink to me.
"I'll be just fine."
"Aubree, you aren't walkin." Murphy's voice jumped me.
"You guys aren't the boss of me, you've been gone 8 years and -" Suddenly I was cut off by being thrown over someone's shoulder.
"Murphy, put me down!" I yelled, pounding on his back.
"What's that you say?" The smirk was prominent in his voice. I narrow my eyes at his cute little a-
"At least let me put my coat on!" As we reached the cold October air, the wind crept across my skin. Murphy let out a drunken giggle and placed me on the ground.
His eyes never left my body as I buttoned up my coat. "What?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.
"You're not taking Connors seriously, are you?" His voice was a soft tone, kind of wary.
My eyebrows furrowed together. "Why would you say that?"
"Bree, you're very smart but-"
"I'm a girl? God Murphy why would that have to do-"
"Jesus Christ Aubree that's not what I meant." He took a step closer to only make me take a step back.
"Then what DO you mean?"

He took a deep breath and shook his head, looking away from me.
"I don't want you to get hurt." Murphy's voice was soft, low, almost innocent.
My eyebrows furrowed together. "I'm 28 years old, Murphy," I said in a low voice.
"Age hasn't got a damn thing to do with it."
"So being a girl-"
"Christ sake, Aubree! You don't get it! I don't want to see you get hurt..." He took a few steps up to me and cupped my face. "I can't."

My eyes fluttered close, anticipating a kiss. It came slowly, but it was worth it. The warmth, the softness, the scruff of his facial hair. I had been waiting for this since the night I met him. Conner is just as amazing, but there's something about Murphy.
Our lips began to move in unison and my hands found their way to the back of his head, pulling at his soft, brown hair. I was desperate for him; I wanted him then and there.

"Lets at least make it back to our place." His rough Irish accent was enough to make me wet for a week.
As soon as we busted open the door, we were at it again. This time I wrapped my legs around his waist and he slammed my back against the wall. His hands tore off my clothing in record time and before I knew it, we were both completely naked. Murphy was positioned between my legs, staring into my eyes as he slowly sunk into me. I groaned out in surprise of his length. Slowly, he started to pick up his pace, placing soft kisses along my neck and collar bones. My hands ran along his back, but when he hit the right spot, I dug so deep I was sure there were marks. I felt him smirk against my skin as he hit it again, and again, and again.
"Mm, Murph," I groaned as soon as he started to thrust faster.
"Feel good, girl?" He asked in his scruffy, Irish laced voice. I replied by moaning and tugging at his hair, his thrusts becoming more erratic.

"Shit, you feel so good," he moaned into my neck, holding my body close to him. He pulled me up with him when he sat up, positioning me on his lap. I started to grind against him, leaning back as his hands roamed my body and his mouth encased one of my nipples.
"Murphy!" I cried out after his hand started to rub circles around my clit. With the perfect amount of strength, he yanked my head back and started to devour my neck while thrusting against my own efforts. I felt myself coming to my peak, so I rode him as hard and fast as I could.
"Tell me when you're there," he whispered hoarsly. Groaning out in response, I grabbed his shoulders for leverage as he started to drill into me.
"Mm, fuck!" I shouted between breaths and moans. I was glad Connor wasn't home yet; I would never hear the end of it.
"I'm right with you love." He cupped my face and made me look into his eyes as I came undone. Or foreheads were touching as my walls clenched and throbbed around him. A few seconds after that he released into me, holding me close to him. Placing my hands on the sides of his face, I pulled him into a kiss, feeling our hearts racing against each other.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," I admitted as he laid us down on his bed. He shot his beautiful smile over at me and pulled me closer to him.
"Aye. Right there with you on that one," he replied, kissing my temple. I smiled and snuggled up to him.

Connor came in, turning the light on.
"You jackass!" I yelled, making sure my body was covered up.
Connor laughed and plopped down on the bed a couple feet away. "Murph, you didn't even leave a sock on the door?" I rolled my eyes at the drunken Irish man as his brother threw what I can only guess was a shoe. "You're lucky you've got Aubree in that bed with you, brother."

I only laughed and rolled over, facing away from the other MacManus. Murphy pulled my back close against him, wrapping his arms tight around my waist.

Connor's snores filled the room in a few minutes, but all I could think about was the man laying next to me.
"Murphy?" I whispered, running my finger tips along his arm.
"Aye?" I turned my head just the slightest.
"Take me with you when you go back." Silence - except Connor's snoring - filled the room.
"I don't know about that," Murphy whispered back, kissing my shoulder blades. I rolled over and looked up at him, barely able to see those baby blue eyes in the dark.
"I have nothing here. I've always wanted to go, you know that." He was smiling as he kissed my forehead. "I can't spend another 8 years missing you." I added in a whisper. I bit my lip and tried to keep the tear from slipping out of my eye.

"Aubree, don't cry." Murphy wrapped his other arm around me, smoothing my hair with his other hand. "I promise, I'm not leavin. Not without you."
"Pinky promise?" I asked, holding up my pinky. He linked his pinky with mine and kissed me, hard.
"Pinky promise," he whispered when just our foreheads were touching. I smiled and kissed him again, beforing snuggling into his side.

I honestly couldn't remember the last time I slept so good.

We left for Ireland, a year and a half after that night. The boys spent 3 months in prison before Smeckler broke them out. As soon as they got out, we boarded a plane out of Logan and flew the 6 1/2 hour flight to Heathrow, London; we got on a small plane that flew us over to Cork. The two brother showed me the city of Cork. There were multi color buildings, beautiful architecture. We got on a bus that took us to Killarney, where we stayed at the Glenna House for 2 nights. It was an old but nice place. I felt bad for Connor, he wanted to get his own room. I didn't want him to feel like the third wheel.

"Connor, you know I love you, right?" I asked as we sat outside a pub in Dublin.
"Of course, Bree. Why would you ask that?" He raised an eyebrow at me and handed me a cigarette.
"I don't want you to feel weird around Murph and I," I admitted, lighting the poison that felt so good filling my lungs.
Connor simply laughed at me and leaned forwards. "I haven't seen my brother as happy as he is right now. You think that makes me feel weird, lass?" I just shook my head and laughed at him before greeting Murphy with a kiss.

They took me to their home the next night, just 2 hours outside of Dublin. The beautiful patches of green grass gave me a feeling I'd never felt before. Baby sheep scattered across, like cows. Some were even running up and down the side of the road. I begged the boys to pick up one for me, but they refused, saying they had some at home.

There was no trying to bride me to love where they lived; I did the moment we flew into the U.K.
One day, years after we'd settled in, Murphy asked me to marry him. I said yes, of course, and we wed right on the property. We went on a honeymoon to anywhere of my choice. I choose a little vacation home on the pinnincila. That night, or baby boy was conceived. Connor was attached to the boy, determined to twist the things Murphy taught him into something evil.

Connor found love too, thanks to me. One of my co workers came over for dinner and claimed it was love at first sight. Coincidentally, we had our daughters at the same time.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, could ever beat the life I live now. Connor and Murphy do what they do best and every day I worry for their safety, but I know deep down in my heart that they did what they did for their families.

My favorite time of the day was sitting out on our porch swing, snuggled up to the side of my husband. My brother in law and his wife - who happened to be my best friend - occupied the seat next to us, as we watched out children play. Collin was just now turning 7 years old and already had the MacManus gall. He had my blonde hair and his father's blue eyes, and not to mention his humor. Joanna was precious, for the supposed terrible two phase. She inherited Murphy's black hair, but my gold and hazel eyes.

Our family has had quite the past, but all that matters is we're happy, safe, and perfectly content with the way we live our lives.

To think it started when I thought mine was actually ending..

ImageImage
♠ ♠ ♠
murphy macmanus <3
my personal photos from my trip to ireland<333