Sequel: Who Could Have Known
Status: Complete!

If You Only Knew

Something's Coming

My fingers thrummed anxiously on the keys of my keyboard as I stared at the blank screen. I had been wanting to write a story for weeks now but I had been stuck with writer's block. My fingers traced the letters on the keys, hoping for some sort of inspiration. I was about to give up when my bedroom door flew open and in bounced my roommate and best friend, Leah.

"Kaley! Kaley! Kaley!" she squealed, jumping up and down with excitement. I laughed as I watched her bounce up and down, her medium brown hair whipping back and forth wildly with her movements. My lips trickled into a smile as my eyes caught the thin caramel streaks in her hair, my hand instinctively reaching up to fiddle with my own hair, which held the same coloured highlights. We had gotten them done together, one more thing that connected us and made us so close to one another.

"Leah! Leah! Leah!" I echoed back teasingly with a light chuckle, mimicking her actions by slightly bouncing in my leather computer seat.

"You will never guess what just happened!" she squealed, barely able to contain her excitement.

"What happened?" I asked, standing up and ushering her towards my bed where we both sat down. I had to move the large monkey stuffys at the end of the bed to make room for us both as my bed was not that big. My large blue comforter was another testament to how small my bed was as it drastically overhung the sides of my bed, being meant to be used on a much larger bed.

Leah just rolled her eyes at me as I gently set the monkeys on the floor. She never understood why I cared so much about them, especially being almost 21 years old, but to me they were a reminder of home. Home, where my room had been filled with so many monkeys that I had lost count of how many I actually had. But hey, what can I say? Monkeys are my favourite animal!

"Ok, so you know how Vicky had gotten me that job working backstage for Mamma Mia?" she began, bringing me back to the real world. She had calmed down a little, but only slightly. I nodded, fully remembering the event three months earlier, the job that she could not (or would not) stop talking about. I had been so jealous because Mamma Mia was one of my favourite shows ever and Leah had gotten to work backstage for it for the two weeks that it had been in New York.

"Well," she continued with a sly smirk. "Vic just called me and offered me a job working backstage again at a show next month!"

"Oh?" I felt my eyebrows raise in question. "What show?"

"Guess!" she squeaked, excitement bursting through her.

"I don't know!" I sighed, throwing my hands up in the air in frustration. My mind was already a muddled mess from my earlier writer's block and it just couldn't think of anything creative.

"You're no fun!" Leah pouted, flopping backwards so that she was lying flat out on the bed. "Come on, guess!"

"Give me a hint?" I pleaded, getting right up in her face and giving her puppy dog eyes, which I knew she couldn't resist. "Pwease?"

"Oh alright!" she laughed, pushing my face away. "Hmmmm.... Well usually they tour around during the summer but instead this year they're just doing a two week show here in New York."

"That could still be anyone!" I exclaimed, flopping backwards so that I was lying beside her. "Another hint?" I turned my head slightly towards her, trying my puppy dog eyes again. She just rolled her bright blue eyes at me, shaking her head as a smile creeped onto her face.

"Hmmmmmmmm..." she mused. She made me wait in agonizing silence for a good five minutes before she finally spoke again.

"This will totally give it away, but oh well!" she laughed. "I cannot wait to see the look on your face!"

"Out with it, woman!" I cried.

"Okay," she smirked. "The love of your life is part of this group."

I gasped. Like a full, out loud gasp. My body jerked back up into a sitting position as my eyes shot wide open and my jaw dropped to the floor. Leah just laughed at me, satisfied with my reaction, all the while I was struggling to respond. I was literally speechless.

"You're working backstage for Glee?!" I finally managed to sputter.

"Yes!" she squealed as she sat up as well.

"Oh my gosh, you are so lucky!" I exclaimed before crossing my arms and pouting my lip. "That is so not fair!"

"How much do you love me?" Leah asked mischievously, her blue eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Why?" I replied cautiously, my brows furrowing with suspicion as I uncrossed my arms.

"How much do you love me?" she repeated.

"Leah, you're my best friend in the whole world," I sighed. "I came all the way to New York with you so that we could pursue our dreams together. I dropped everything and left everyone to come with you: my home, my family, even my freaking country! And you're asking me how much I love you?!"

All she did was nod, the same goofy smirk still on her face. I tried to glare angrily at her, but all it took was one twitch of her lips to send us both cascading into a fit of laughter. When we finally settled down again, I answered her seriously.

"Leah, you're my best friend and I love you to death," I tackled her into a hug. "Dearly, not queerly, of course."

"Of course," she laughed, hugging me back. "And now you're going to love me even more!"

"Why?" I asked, letting go of her and sitting back up.

"I got you a job too!" she squealed.

I think I died inside for a minute. I literally felt my heart stop beating.

"If you're pulling my leg, I'm gonna kill you," I warned.

"I'm dead serious!" she insisted. "No pun intended." I guess she could tell that I didn't quite believe her so she went on.

"I swear I'm not lying!" she urged me to believe her. "Kaley, in one month, you and I are going to be working backstage for Glee!"

"Leah, do you realize what this means!?" I exclaimed, grabbing her shoulders and giving them a light shake.

"That I get to meet Chris Colfer?" she beamed.

"No, it's even bigger than that!" I exclaimed again. "It means that I get to meet Darren Criss!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey I've been recently inspired to start writing this story. It's been on my mind for a while and I finally decided to do it. I hope you enjoy it and if you do let me know. I'd love to hear what you think of it. :-p

Recently updated this chapter with better descriptions. Thank you to all who commented and convinced me to fix this.

UPDATE AUG 21/12

Anyone who is here from Comment Swap, the most repetitive comment I've been hearing is on the lack of description or facts about the characters, but these are things that you learn more about as you read farther into the story. That was just the way I wrote it and I am happy with how it is.
In response to another note I constantly get: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A FAN OF GLEE TO ENJOY THIS STORY!! It only uses the actors from it, who are real people too and have real interactions with real people (though my characters are not real (unless you count the fact that some are base off of real people)). Even if you are not a fan of Glee, I still urge you to read this story because it's not just another Glee story :)