Sequel: Who Could Have Known
Status: Complete!

If You Only Knew

It's All Over

Kaley's POV

"Kaley, have you seen this?" Leah asked when I walked into the room. She was sitting on the long, rectangular table, holding up what looked like a magazine, one of the weekly ones, I guessed. On the front I could just barely make out three familiar faces: Chris, Darren, and Lea Michele.

"No, I haven't," I replied, walking over to her. "What's it about?"

"See for yourself," was all she said, holding the magazine out to me. I took it, pulling myself up onto the table beside her. On the front cover there was a large picture of Chris and Lea supporting a very dazed and out-of-it looking Darren. I looked closer at the picture of Darren and realized with a start that he was wearing the exact same clothes as when we had met.

"This was from yesterday," I told Leah. She raised an eyebrow, silently inquiring how I knew this. "He was wearing that hoodie last night." She accepted my reasoning with a nod.

"Look at the caption," she urged, pointing at the bold lettering beneath the photo. It read: Darren's Downward Spiral. I looked up at Leah questioningly, but she just shrugged.

"I was waiting for you to find out what that's about," she said, scooting closer to me. "It's on page 21, I know that at least, but I didn't peek at it. I wanted to wait for you so that we could read it together." I opened the magazine, quickly flipping through the pages till I found the one that I was looking for. Similar photos as the one on the cover page were plastered all across the double page spread, as well as a picture of a very pretty brunette.

"That's Vanessa, his girlfriend," I told Leah, pointing to the brunette. I had always been secretly jealous of her, wishing that I could have been the one to date Darren, but I always felt unpretty when I compared myself to her, someone that Darren would never even think about dating.

Vanessa was tall, slightly taller than Darren at times due to the high heels that she always wore, and very thin, like supermodel thin, which made sense since that's exactly what she was.

She's beautiful, I sighed to myself as I traced my finger along her long, wavy chocolate brown hair. I could never remember what colour her eyes were because they were always covered by a pair of huge black sunglasses, like the ones that she wore in the picture, but I was sure that they must be beautiful. Supermodels always had stunning eyes.

"Oh my gosh, Kaley!" Leah exclaimed, drawing my attention away from Vanessa's picture. She was pointing eagerly at the main article. I followed her finger to the words on the page and started to read them.

Darren Criss, the third rated most sexiest man in America, was found to be feeling the exact opposite this past Friday evening, arriving at his hotel on the supportive arms of friends and costars, Chris Colfer and Lea Michele. When asked what was wrong, Criss was unable to answer, barely conscious to what was going on around him. After much digging into this strange reaction, our sources discovered that it was only hours earlier that Criss and his long time girlfriend of almost two years, Vanessa Peterson, had called off their relationship. Our sources will not confirm who was the one to call it off, but judging by Criss' reaction, it is almost safe to assume that Peterson was the one who ended it.

How will this heartbreak affect Criss' career? With the Glee Experience show just starting tomorrow, Sunday, July 22, will Criss be able to put his emotions on hold or will he cause problems on and off stage for his costars?


"That's despicable!" I cried, pointing at the last statement. "Darren is a total professional! He knows the rules of the theatre! Leave your baggage at the door!"

"Kaley, is that all that you got from this?" Leah urged me to look at the article again. This time, as my eyes flittered over the sentences, I stopped at the line that Leah was freaking about: our sources discovered that it was only hours earlier that Criss and his long time girlfriend of almost two years, Vanessa Peterson, had called off their relationship.

I slowly looked up at Leah as realization clicked in my head.

"Kaley, Darren is single!" she exclaimed excitedly, trying to get me to join in her excitement. But I didn't. I felt my blood run cold and I shivered as I read the line over and over again.

"Kaley?" her voice was filled with concern and worry because I hadn't joined in with her. I slowly tore my attention away from the magazine and looked at her.

"That's why he was so upset," I said slowly. "That's why he got so mad..." I saw realization flood through her eyes as I turned my attention back down on the magazine, on those words: it was only hours earlier.

My eyes slowly drifted back down to the picture of him being supported by Chris and Lea. Vanessa had broken up with him. It had happened only hours earlier from when this picture had been taken, but when we first met, it had happened only moments earlier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long to update. I will have more chapters out shortly!

I just wanted to take a moment the actually thank those of you who commented on this story. It's because of people like you that I am able to grow as a writer and be more confident in my works.

Thank you:

kenn.
synthian.
Puddin?
Josie.
Danosaur
Snapback-Princess
HopeIsAGift
Hanklerfish
RobinA7X
Indiana_Casablanca
maddisonFTW
Zombiex13
anima d'amore;;
allykat_08
Perfectly Dreaming
Project Butterfly
TasteOfSweetRevenge
Damn Devon
xBelekinax
OfTheSea
MidgetStarr
seized ships
Immy_Love_Adub
Gerard'sPajamas

I'm going to start making it a habit to leave a shout out to those who comment at the end of each chapter. Thanks for continuing to read and comment! :-p