Sequel: Who Could Have Known
Status: Complete!

If You Only Knew

Born This Way

Darren's POV

Rehearsal just seemed to drag on and on today, and what made it even worse was the fact that I could not stop thinking about her. I wanted to know who she was and not knowing was killing me.

Even Chris could tell that I was anxious about something, so when they called for an intermission break, he quickly pulled me aside before I could disappear on him.

"Darren, what's going on with you?" he asked as he led me away from the stage, his watchful eyes darting around cautiously as we walked. "You seem really out of it and if Ryan notices..."

"It's the singer," I sighed, running my fingers through my hair, which had not been styled today since it was just a rehearsal. "I can't stop thinking about her! Chris, I need to know who she is! It's driving me crazy!"

"Darren, you already were crazy," Chris teased.

"Funny," I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes at him.

"Oh, come on, Dare!" he exclaimed, giving me a light, playful shove. "You know I'm just teasing!"

"I know," I sighed. "I'm sorry." Chris lightly grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"This is really bothering you, isn't it?" he asked, his concerned eyes staring deep into mine as if trying to unlock the secrets of my mind.

"It is," I nodded. "I hate not knowing things, like not knowing what it was that you whispered to Kaley earlier today..."

"Oh that?" he laughed. "That's been bothering you too? Well, that's an easy one to fix. I just told her to give you a chance because you really were a great guy and that everyone has an off day sometimes. I guess you could say that I was kinda being your wingman, talking you up and making you look good." He gave me a warm smile, which I returned.

"Thanks," I smiled. "I'm glad that I have a friend like you to look out for me."

"Anytime," he smiled back. "I'll try to keep an eye out for your mystery singer too. I couldn't bear to see you go completely insane over this."

"Five minutes until top of Act Two!" a voice called out somewhere behind us.

"We'd better get moving ," Chris commented, starting to walk again. "We still have to change outfits."

We quickly hurried to our dressing rooms to change, parting ways once we reached our respective doors.

"See you in a few," Chris smiled over his shoulder as he slipped through his door.

"Yep," I called back, even though he was already gone. I opened my own door and walked into my room, quickly finding my Born This Way outfit. It consisted of a pair of black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt that said Bushy Hair in big, black lettering. Having bushy hair may have been something that my character, Blaine, would be insecure about, but as for me, I embraced the craziness of my locks.

I quickly changed into the skinny jeans and then, as I took off my shirt to put on the white one, I heard a knock on my door.

"I'm almost ready, Chris!" I called out. There was a pause of silence and I was surprised that he hadn't responded. After a second, there was another quiet knock. With a sigh, I walked over to the door and threw it open, surprised to find standing in the doorway not Chris, but rather Kaley.

"Oh!" was all that came from her lips as she stared at me, her eyes growing wide and her cheeks turning a bright red. She quickly turned her gaze away from me and I was taken aback by her reaction. This was a side of her that I had never seen before. I had seen her scared, surprised, angry, and happy before, but I had never seen her like this...

Embarrassed, I realized. She's embarrassed. But why would she be embarrassed by me? I looked down and suddenly realized why.

I was still shirtless.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, but that's the way it happens sometimes with these back and forth type chapters :-p Please comment and let me know what you think! Next chapter will be up very soon! :-p