Sequel: Who Could Have Known
Status: Complete!

If You Only Knew

Dreams

The next month just flew by. The next thing I knew, I found myself standing in the Radio City Music Hall with Leah, my mouth gaping in wonder and disbelief as I looked around.

"If I'm dreaming, please don't pinch me," I whispered to Leah as we were ushered into a group on the stage with the other employees.

"Okay, listen up," I heard Vicky's voice call out over the group. "I'm going to call out your name and your job here for the next two weeks. I'm only going to say it once, so listen closely!" I listened intently for my name, getting more and more anxious when I didn't hear mine or Leah's name called.

"Leah Tanner" Vicky finally called out. "Laundry and costume caretaker." I felt Leah grab my hand and give it a light squeeze. To some people, laundry duty would seem menial and one of the crappiest jobs you could get, but I knew that it meant a lot to Leah because it meant that she would get to touch the clothes that Chris Colfer wore. I was slightly jealous because that meant that she got to touch the clothes that Darren Criss wore too.

Ok, I know it may sound a little creeperish, but hey I think that anyone would get excited it they were able to touch and hold something that their celebrity crush had worn.

"Alright, that's everyone," Vicky announced. "Remember, you must respect the performers. You are not to take any pictures of them unless they say that you can. Violation of this will get you fired. Understand?" A murmur of yeses rose from the group. "Good. Now if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. You are dismissed."

My heart suddenly dropped. I hadn't heard my name called. I quickly looked at Leah, hoping that I had maybe just missed it while daydreaming about Darren, but I saw an identical shocked looking expression plastered on her face. Before I could even mutter her name, I found myself being quickly dragged towards Vicky.

"Vicky," Leah called out, catching her attention. "You didn't say Kaley's name!" Vicky looked at me and I saw recognition flash through her dark blue eyes. We had met briefly back when Leah had brought me backstage after one of the Mamma Mia shows. I had been her ride home, or at least that was the excuse she had given for why I was backstage. I didn't even own a car.

I watched anxiously as the tall, blonde-haired woman before me looked back down at her clipboard and flipped through a couple of pages.

"Kaley Grant," Vicky said at last, looking up at me then back down at her clipboard. "Ah yes. We don't quite have a specifically assigned job for you. Your job is basically to do whatever needs to be done, all the odd jobs."

I considered this for a minute then just shrugged.

"Okay, sure," I smiled. "I'll be the odd one."

Leah snickered at my comment saying, "You've always been a bit of an oddball!" I stuck my tongue put at her, but then realized where we were and hung my head in shame.

"Sorry," I mumbled to Vicky.

"It's okay," she laughed. "I don't have anything for you to do right now, so you can help Leah with the laundry and costumes until I do. Sound good?"

"Perfect," I smiled, feeling Leah grab my hand and give it an excited squeeze, which I returned. "Thank you."

After that, I let Leah drag me away to where we would be working. The room that she led me into was already full of costumes, which had been sent ahead of the performers.

"Alrighty," Leah announced, picking up a clipboard from one of the tables. "It looks like the first thing we're to do is take these costumes to their dressing rooms." She motioned towards the hanging racks that had multiple different outfits hanging from them. I walked over to one and fingered the tag hanging from one of the outfits. It read: Cory Monteith - Jessie's Girl.

"I still can't believe that I'm here right now," I commented as I moved down the rack looking at all of the different costumes. "Oh my gosh, Leah!" I had stopped before a sparkly spandex outfit. Its tag read: Chris Colfer - Single Ladies. Leah set the clipboard down and quickly came over to see what I was looking at, squeaking with excitement when she read the tag.

"He's doing Single Ladies!" she squealed, jumping up and down. I joined her in her bounciness, because I was just as excited to see Chris dance to Single Ladies. Before Darren Criss joined the show, Kurt had always been my favourite character. But then came Blaine and... Well, let's just say that Kurt was moved to my number two favourite.

"Any problems here, ladies?" Vicky's voice came from the doorway. We instantly stopped jumping and tried to act natural, Leah picking up the clipboard again and me pulling an outfit off the rack.

"Nope, no problems," I heard Leah reply as I felt my face flush with heat.

"Kaley?" I could feel her eyes on me.

"All good," I replied, giving her a quick smile, not wanting her to see my face for long in case it was red.

"Ok then," I could hear the smile in her voice. Dang it, my face was probably red! "I'll let you get back to your work then. You have a lot of costumes to deal with."

I didn't relax until I head Leah exhale deeply. I slowly turned around to face her and when our eyes met, we both burst out laughing.

"Okay, now we seriously need to get to work," Leah said once we had settled down again. "Do you want to take some of the costumes to the dressing rooms while I sort them into groups by each performer?"

"Sure," I shrugged, looking at the outfit still in my hands. It was a simple black dress with a red stripe around the middle. I looked at the tag and it read: Lea Michele - Don't Rain on my Parade. "I guess I'm going to Lea's room first." I laughed at the irony. Leah (my Leah) helped me collect a couple more of Lea's outfits, then she gave me a small card that had the order the outfits needed to be hung up in and then, after giving me directions to the dressing rooms, sent me on my way.

I quickly made my way to the dressing rooms, which were actually easier to find than I thought they would be, and found myself stopping before a door with a star that read Lea Michele on it. I knocked, just in case anyone was in the room, and, when no one answered, I turned the knob and walked in. I was not prepared for the grandeur of it.

I had done a few school shows back when I was in high school, so I was familiar with dressing rooms, but they were small and minuscule compared to the one that I stood in now. The room was bigger than mine and Leah's whole apartment. Clothing racks lined the walls. A huge vanity sat against one walls, which was surrounded by so many mirrors. The room was brightly lit by hundreds of lights.

I was finally snapped out of the awestruck state that I was in by a laugh behind me. I spun around and was surprised to find myself staring into a pair of sparkling bright blue eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter, always exciting! :-p Any ideas who's eyes they are? Hope you are enjoying this story! Please feel free to leave me comments or suggestions! :-p

Recently updated.