Sequel: Who Could Have Known
Status: Complete!

If You Only Knew

A Little Less Conversation

Darren's POV

"Finally!" A familiar voice exclaimed, causing us to break apart in surprise. We both turned to stare a very smug-looking Chris. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Chris, we were kind of having a moment here," I sighed, hinting that he should leave. Unfortunately, he didn't pick up on my hint.

"It's been a long awaited moment!" Chris laughed. "Seriously, it feels like we've been waiting forever for you guys to finally get together!"

"We?" Kaley asked tentatively.

"Me, Leah, other Lea," Chris grinned, listing off names. "Mark, Naya, Heather, Harry, Jenna, Kevin, Amber, Vicky-"

"Wait, Vicky?" Kaley sputtered. I was surprised by her reaction, but then again, I was also a little surprised. I didn't know anyone named Vicky... at least I didn't think I did... But her name did sound a little familiar.

"Yeah, we've talked a couple times and you guys came in up conversation once," he admitted. "She is totally for you guys getting together though. Why do you think she always asked you to help fix Darren's mic pack?" I could see Kaley's cheeks turning red out of the corner of my eye and suddenly she was clutching my shirt, hiding her face in the fabric.

"Oh, come on, Kaley," I chuckled, gently pulling her off my shirt and looking her in the eyes. "I think that it's cute that they all support this... us." Her eyes slowly lit up as I spoke.

"Oh, and by the way?" I whispered in her ear. "You're so adorably cute when you're embarrassed!" This made her cheeks flare up again and she quickly looked down, away from me. I gently tilted her head up and placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Like I said," I smiled. "Adorable."

"Well, now that you've got that all covered," Chris said suddenly, drawing our attentions back to him. "Kaley, would you be able to come back to the hotel with us tonight? Not overnight again, but just for a little while? I have a special birthday gift for you."

"You didn't bring it with you?" Kaley asked, to which Chris just laughed.

"No, honey," he chuckled. "It was much more convenient to just leave them back at the hotel. And then maybe we could even hang out for a little while afterwards, watch a movie or something."

"That sounds like fun," she smiled, turning to look up at me again. "What do you think?"

"What do I think?" I smiled as well. "Hmmm, let's see... You're offering me an excuse to cuddle with you all night... Yeah, I think that it sounds like a good idea."

"Alright, we're game," Kaley told Chris.

"Alright, well I'm going to go help Leah with the clothes," Chris nodded, starting to turn away. "I'll let you get back to what you were doing. See you back at the hotel?"

"Yep," I nodded, wishing that he would hurry up and just leave. With another slight smirk, he turned and left.

"So," I smiled, turning back to Kaley. "Where were we?"

"Right here," she smiled as well, tapping her finger to her lips expectantly.

"Oh, right," I chuckled, leaning down to kiss her again. I never wanted to stop kissing her. It was like as if my body wanted to make up for lost time, time that we had wasted worrying about whether or not I liked her and whether or not she liked me. But now I wasn't going to waste anymore time.

Unless it's with her, I thought as my lips pressed against hers. Then it will be time well wasted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaley's POV

"So," he smiled. "Where were we?"

"We were right here," I smiled back, slyly tapping my lips with my finger. Inwardly I was having a mini freak out that we had just used the same lines that we had used in my very realistic dream back on my birthday.

"Oh, right," he chuckled as he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine again.

There was no sweeter taste than the taste of his lips against mine. It felt as if his lips were a drug that I had been craving for far too long and now I was finally being satisfied... and I couldn't get enough of it! It seemed like maybe he felt the same way because he kissed me back just as passionately as I kissed him.

"Get a room!" a sharp, familiar voice snapped. We broke away from each other again and turned to find James standing before us, scowling.

"Ugh, what do you want, James?" I demanded, slightly angry that he had interrupted us.

"I think you know what I want," he smirked, his eyes hungrily running over my body.

"I think that you should leave," Darren's voice was cold as he stepped in front of me protectively, shielding me from James' lustful eyes. "Now."

"Ooooo!" James laughed. "Looks like pretty boy here has a slight temper. You should be careful around boys like him, Kaley. Girls always end up hurt when they date boys like that. If you ever want a real man, you know where to find me." With that, he turned and walked away, a huge smirk plastered on his face. I felt Darren shift as if he was going to follow him, but I grabbed his arm to stop him.

Holy crap! Muscles! No! Stop it! I scolded myself, trying to ignore the feeling bubbling in my stomach as my hands wrapped around the prominent muscles on his arm. Focus, Kaley!

"Darren, don't," I begged, holding on to his arm. "Just leave him be. He's all talk. That's it. Please, I don't want you to get in trouble over him!"

"Okay," he sighed, and I could feel the tension leave his body as he relaxed. He slowly turned back to me and cupped my face in his hands.

"I won't let anything happen to you, Kaley," he said softly. "I promise."

"I know," I smiled, reaching my hand up to cup his cheek tenderly as well. I slowly dropped my hand down and pulled one of his away from my face, gently entwining my fingers through his.

"Come on," I said, starting to pull him away with me. "Let's go."

"Where?" he asked, allowing me to pull him along.

"To your room," I smiled playfully. "I think that we have a bit of time to kill until Leah and Chris get there. And besides, we were told to 'get a room', remember?"

"Oh, you are too cute," he laughed, leaning in to kiss me again, but I placed my free hand against his chest, stopping him.

"Save it for your room," I told him teasingly, not letting him kiss me.

"You're killing me," he whispered in my ear, gently kissing my head before pulling away. "My room it is, then. After you, my Lady."

"Oh, why thank you, my good Sir!" I replied with a smile, attempting to give him a slight curtsy. Breaking out in laughter, I pulled him away down the hall, heading towards the exit. I couldn't wait to get back to his room.

Or more specifically, I smiled to myself. I can't wait to feel his lips against mine again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leah's POV

"Hey, Leah," Chris' voice floated in as he entered the room. "How's the washing going?"

"Good," I smiled, looking up at him. "I've got the last couple of loads on now, so we should be able to get out of here sooner than we thought." I paused, trying to look past him at the door. "Speaking of we, have you seen Kaley anywhere? She stormed out of here a while ago and I haven't seen her since... I don't know what I did to upset her..."

A frown quickly replaced my smile as I wondered why she had gotten so upset at me over nothing. All I did was comment on how her phone was repeatedly vibrating.

"Oh, honey," Chris sighed, coming over and enveloping me in a hug. "I'm sure that it wasn't anything that you did. She's probably just stressed with all of the paparazzi attention and lashed out at you. I know that I've lashed out at Darren plenty of times when I'm stressed out, even though he didn't do anything... well, except be a silly goofball." This got a laugh out of me.

"Thanks," I chuckled, the smile returning to my lips. "You always know what to say to make me smile."

"That's what friends are for, love," he said, giving me another tight squeeze before letting me go. I felt my heart fill with joy at his words. Friends. I was friends with Christopher freaking Colfer! This was seriously a dream come true... well, it would have been an even better dream come true if Chris had actually liked me more than a friend... much more...

I sighed. Unfortunately, that was not going to happen.

Why couldn't he like me the way that Darren likes Kaley? I sighed inwardly. Speaking of Darren and Kaley...

"Speaking of friends, where are our two oblivious love birds?" I asked. A smile spread across Chris' lips.

"They are off... talking," he smirked, apparently not letting me in on some sort of inside joke. "They're going to meet us back at the hotel so that I can give you and Kaley your birthday gifts and then we're going to watch a movie."

"Ooo!" I exclaimed, jumping up and down excitedly. "I almost forgot about that!"

"The movie?" Chris asked teasingly.

"No, you silly-billy!" I exclaimed, smacking his arm with the back of my hand. "The gift! What is it?"

"I'm not telling!" he grinned.

"Puh-lease???" I begged, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Sorry, hun," he giggled, pinching my cheeks. "Puppy eyes don't work on me. Ask Darren. He's tried that enough times on me!"

"You're no fun!" I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh, Leah," he sighed. "You will get your present soon enough. As soon as the clothes are done, then we can head over to the hotel."

As if on cue, the buzzer on the washing machine went off, alerting us that it was done.

"Present time!" I exclaimed gleefully, skipping over to the machine and pulling the clothes out.

"We're not done yet," Chris laughed, coming up beside me to help take the clothes out. We quickly put all of the clothes into a basket and then took it over to an empty rack, where we hung up the damp clothes. We had to let these clothes air dry as they would most likely shrink if we were to put them in the dryer, which would not be a good thing at all.

"There!" I stated as I hung the last shirt up on the rack. "We're done. Now can I have my present?"

"We have to go back to the hotel first," he laughed, amused by my excitement. "Your presents are both there and Kaley has to be there when I give them to you."

"Them?" I gasped. "As in more than one? Ooo! What are they? Please, the suspense is killing me!"

"Hotel," was all he said before turning and walking out of the room. With an annoyed huff, I quickly followed him out, all the while wondering what the present could possibly be.

Bracelets? Earrings? No, Kaley doesn't wear earrings... my mind buzzed over the different ideas. Maybe it's an invitation to come work on Glee! No, Chris has never heard me sing... I sighed, starting to run out of ideas.

Oh! What if it's another kiss! No, he wouldn't give Kaley a kiss in front of Darren. Though they won't admit it, they're both head-over-heels for each other and Darren would flip if he kissed her... Oh well. Whatever it is, I know that it's going to be great. I smiled as I looked at the man walking beside me. I mean, this is Chris that we're talking about! I'm sure that whatever it is, it's going to be totally awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaley's POV

Me: Leah, what movie should we watch?

Darren and I couldn't decide. Between the two of us, we were absolutely horrible at making decisions, especially when it came to what movie we should watch.

"Ok, what about Mulan?" Darren asked, holding up the DVD case.

"Yeah, that's a good one too," I nodded. "Add it to the pile." I gestured over to the bed where we had created a small pile of DVDs. Mulan was added to the pile consisting of Tangled, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Cinderella, The Lion King, and The Princess and the Frog.

"You know what?" Darren said suddenly, looking through the movies. "Each of these movies remind me of you in some way."

"Oh?" I chuckled, sitting down on the bed beside him. "How so?"

"Well, Aladdin, for example," he said, holding up the DVD case. "Because now you are in 'a whole new world with me'."

"You're so cheesy!" I laughed, shoving him playfully. "Ok, well then, what about The Princess and the Frog?"

"Isn't it obvious?" he exclaimed. "You're the beautiful Princess and I'm the lonely frog longing for his magical kiss!"

"Right," I rolled my eyes at him. "More like I'm that average girl who meets the famous prince and gets dragged into his problems!" Darren gave me a hurt look, pouting his lips slightly and pretending to be about to cry.

"Oh, you big cry baby!" I laughed, playfully smacking his arm. "You know I'm just teasing!"

"Ouch!" he exclaimed, grabbing his arm where I had hit him.

"Wuss," I said under my breath as I picked up the next DVD. "Ok, what about Cinderella?"

"That one's easy," he smiled, taking the case from my hands. "A dashing prince-" I rolled my eyes. "-is tormented by a mysterious woman because he can't figure out who she is. Sound familiar?"

"The mystery singer," I laughed. "Instead of 'if the shoe fits' it was 'if the voice fits'!"

"Exactly!" Darren exclaimed, happy that I was catching on. "Ok, now Mulan. I think about the song Reflection for this one, because you want people to see who you are inside, but you're too afraid to show that side of you sometimes."

"It's a very pretty song," was all I said in reply. The truth was, he was right. I was too scared to show that side of me sometimes.

"Ya, I figured that it was a better song choice than I'll Make A Man Out Of You," he chuckled.

"Ya, we wouldn't want you going all CrissColfer on me now!" I laughed as well. He just rolled his eyes at me.

"It's kind of sad when I have to come out as a straight man because everyone thinks that I'm gay like my character," he sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "Like, I think that the fans are great and they have some very creative imaginations, but it can be hard sometimes trying to date someone and have people hate on her because she's not Chris. Like, I love the guy, but he's nothing more than just my best friend."

"Oh the joys of the celebrity world!" I commented sarcastically, evoking a laugh from him.

"Yes..." he sighed. "Oh, but back to Mulan, I would say that you are also a Girl Worth Fighting For."

"Ok, enough of that," I said, trying to hide the blush rising to my cheeks. "What about The Lion King?"

"Ok, well, don't hate me, but you're like Simba when you felt all alone and had no one to turn to," Darren said softly. "But then you have the loveable Timon and Pumba, aka Leah and Chris, to come in and cheer you up."

"Oh?" I chuckled. "And who does that make you? Nala?"

"No," he smiled. "I'd be Rafiki!"

"Oh, right!" I exclaimed. "Because you're such a monkey!"

"Technically, Rafiki is a baboon," he corrected me.

"Are you saying that you have a red butt?" I asked.

"Ok, moving on now!" Darren said, his cheeks turning slightly red.

"Oh! There's your red 'cheeks'!" I giggled, making him blush even harder.

"So MOVING ON then," he repeated, picking up the next movie. "Tangled. I think that one is obvious. It took both of us a while to realize how we felt about each other."

"Ok, so one movie left," I said, picking up The Little Mermaid. "So, is this one because I'm now 'part of your world'?"

"Actually, I was thinking about something else," he smiled, moving closer to me. "I was thinking more along the lines of Kiss The Girl." Suddenly his lips were pressed against mine and I slowly fell back on the bed, Darren following me down. I ran my fingers through his hair, releasing the soft locks from their gelled prison.

"Oh, Kaley," he moaned softly through kisses.

CRASH!

The loud noise made us both jump and my forehead painfully smacked against his. I winced as I rubbed the tender spot.

"What the he-" Darren started to say, looking over to where the noise had come from. And there, lying on the floor, was Leah and Chris. Behind them was a tipped over room service trolley, broken pieces of plates and glass scattering the floor around it.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed, leaping off the bed and hurrying over to them. "Are you okay?" I offered my hand to Leah, who took it, and I helped her get to her feet, Darren doing the same for Chris.

"I-I-I'm fine," Leah stuttered, a little shaken.

"What happened?" Darren asked.

"Leah suddenly stopped and I didn't realize it, so I ran into her and lost my balance and started to fall backwards, so I grabbed onto her for support, but ended up pulling her down with me," Chris explained. "And then we must have hit the trolley and then this-" he gestured to the fallen trolley and broken dishware. "happened. Leah, why did you stop?"

"You!" she exclaimed, pointing at me and Darren. "You were kissing!"

"Oh, yeah..." I blushed. "Umm, Leah? I kinda forgot to tell you something... Darren and I are-"

A hand suddenly slid into mine and gave it a light squeeze. Darren.

"Dating," he finished. "Kaley and I are dating."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darren's POV

"You're WHAT?!" Leah exclaimed, her jaw dropping open. She suddenly turned on Kaley, eyes wild. "You're dating and you didn't tell me!?!?"

"It kinda just happened," she blushed, sneaking glances at me. I winked at her, which made her blush even more.

"Leah, honey, you need to settle down," Chris attempted to calm her.

"Did you know about this?" she demanded, whirling on him.

"It wasn't my place to tell," he shrugged nonchalantly.

"Why am I always the last one to know about everything?!" she exclaimed, very frustrated.

"Leah, I'm sorry," Kaley said softly, placing her hand on her friend's shoulder. "I was kind of a little... busy and didn't get a chance to tell you... I was going to tonight, if that's any consolidation. Honestly, Leah, it literally just happened."

Leah just gave her an angry glare that stated that she was still not happy with her friend.

"I know what will make you happy," Chris smiled. "Maybe getting a certain special something from a certain special someone..." He winked at her playfully, making her blush, and my thoughts quickly reflected back to the night of the bar when Leah had referred to Chris kissing her as a 'Chris Kiss'. But this wasn't what they were referring to now.

"The birthday surprise!" Leah squealed, clapping her hands excitedly. "What is it? What is it?"

"Follow me," he laughed. We all followed him out of the room and into the elevator, which took us all the way down to the parking garage.

"Oh my gosh, did you get us a car?!" Leah asked, her eyes wide with excitement, but Chris just shook his head and laughed.

"You will see," he said as the doors opened and we exited the elevator. He quickly led us over to a parking spot that had what appeared to be a tent pitched over it.

"Are you ready for your birthday surprise?" Chris asked with a smile, his hand hovering over the flaps that were the entrance to the tent. Both girls nodded eagerly.

"Alright," he laughed, pulling back the flaps. "Here they are! Happy Birthday, girls!" We all peered inside the tent and very loud gasps suddenly slipped from the two girls' throats.

Well, I didn't see that one coming, I chuckled to myself. Chris had never told me what he had gotten them as he was too afraid that I would slip up and tell them, and it was probably a good thing that he hadn't because I probably would have.

I looked over at Kaley's astonished face and smiled. This was going to make it easier for us to see each other. A lot easier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaley's POV

I could not believe it. It didn't feel real. First, Darren states that we are dating and then Chris gives us these?!

"I can't accept that!" I exclaimed once I found my voice. "It's too much, Chris!"

"Nonsense!" Chris just smiled. "It'll make it easier for you guys to come see us now." I just shook my head as I looked back at the gift before us.

Scooters. He had gotten us scooters! Not one scooter, but two. One for each of us.

"I can't believe you got us scooters!" I shook my head at him.

"Why not?" he shrugged, all the while still grinning. "They are super cost efficient. You don't need gas for them. All you have to do is plug them in at night to charge up the battery. Plus, they are just so adorably cute! And so much fun to ride!"

"And how would you know?" Leah asked suspiciously, narrowing her eyes at him.

"I may or may not have tested them out," Chris replied nonchalantly.

Arms suddenly wrapped around my waist from behind and I instantly knew it was Darren, who leaned down and whispered in my ear, "I can't wait to try it out with you." I shivered with excitement as I thought about driving around on the scooter with him, exploring this amazing city.

"Can't wait," I whispered back, hugging the arms that were wrapped around my waist.

"Red or black?" Leah asked me, gesturing towards the scooters.

"Definitely the black one," I said, pointing to the scooter on the left.

"Ok, then I'll take the red one," she moved over to the scooter on the right and swung her leg over the seat. "Where are the keys for this thing?"

"Whoa, honey!" Chris laughed. "Not tonight. We'll take them out tomorrow and I'll show you how to drive them, okay?"

"Okay," she sighed, getting back off the scooter. "Now what?"

"Now," I smiled, glancing briefly up at Darren. "We go watch a movie. Do you want to watch Mulan, The Lion King, Cinderella, Tangled, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, or The Princess and the Frog? We narrowed it down to those seven."

"I vote for The Little Mermaid!" Darren smirked, winking at me. I blushed and quickly looked back at Chris and Leah.

"Little Mermaid sounds good to me," Chris agreed and Leah nodded as well. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head that Darren had gotten his way, but half an hour later, there we were, curled up in bed, singing along to Part Of Your World. As the song ended, I snuggled back against Darren, laying my head against his chest.

Lup-dub. Lup-dub. Lup-dub.

The soothing sound of his heart beat in my ear made me smile and, without meaning to, my eyes slowly started to close and I soon found myself being lulled to sleep. The last thing I remembered was the gentle sounds of his heart beating.

Lup-dub. Lup-dub. Lup-dub.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! New chapter! Sorry it took me so long to update. For some reason I struggled to finish this chapter, afraid that it wouldn't live up to your expectations after the kiss, but I'm actually really happy with the final product :) And don't worry, there's still a lot more drama and cuteness to come! James is still lurking around, as well as Vanessa, and also there might be a special guest appearance coming up soon! :-p As well as the special twitter message chapter! If you haven't sent in a tweet yet, you still have time to do so! What would you say to Kaley to let her know that you supported her and Darren's relationship? Let her know @KalesOfFun.

Thank you to the amazing people who recommended this story:

JoseeSkyexx
SupaJocy17

Thanks to all of my amazing commenters:

strawberrybubble
CourtneyFaithG
nikki299
airplanes__
FrankieSpanky
Loor
zyn

As you may have noticed, I'm not a CrissColfer shipper, though I ship Klaine hardcore. I just can't ship CrissColfer because I ship Daley too much and love Darren too much for him to be playing for the other team. I don't think that my heart could handle it haha :-p

Anyways, what did you think of this chapter? Favourite parts/lines? Please don't forget to leave me a comment letting me know what you think! I live for your reviews! :)