Sequel: Who Could Have Known
Status: Complete!

If You Only Knew

Lucky

Kaley's POV

This was the second time that I woke up with someone else's arms wrapped around me, but unlike the first time, I did not freak out. Instead, I just smiled and snuggled back into his embrace. My boyfriend's embrace.

The thought made me jittery. Darren Criss was my boyfriend! This was like a dream come true... a dream that I was afraid that I was going to wake up from. This fear made me hug his arms tighter, afraid that he might disappear. The movement must have woken him, because he suddenly leaned down and gently kissed my neck.

"Morning, Beautiful," he whispered softly in my ear. I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Morning," I smiled back, turning slightly to look at him.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked, brushing a piece of hair out of my face and tucking it behind my ear.

"Mhmm," I nodded, leaning my head up for a good morning kiss, which he eagerly gave me.

"Oh good, you're awake!" Leah's voice exclaimed and suddenly there was another body on the bed. "Mind explaining this to me?"

I looked up at her to see what she was going on about and saw the magazine in her hand. And on the front cover was a huge picture of the coffee spillage incident with Vanessa from the previous day. I felt heat rush to my cheeks as Darren reached over and took the magazine from her.

"You dumped coffee on Vanessa?" he exclaimed.

"I didn't mean to!" I cried. "She grabbed my arm when I was trying to leave and the cup started sliding out of my hand, so I squeezed it and the top came off and the next thing I knew it was all over her and she was screaming profanities at me!"

"I can't believe you dumped coffee all over Vanessa," Darren shook his head.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, lowering my head.

"Don't be," he laughed, lifting my chin. "She got what she deserved."

"When did you see Vanessa?" Leah asked, cutting off what might have been another kiss. I pulled away from Darren to look over at her.

"Yesterday," I admitted. "That's why I snapped at you. I was upset over what happened and then there was all of the hate mail-"

"What hate mail?" Leah exclaimed, cutting me off. "You've been getting hate mail? From who?"

"Vanessa's fans," I sighed. "As well as some Danessa fans. Someone called us out on Vanessa's fan site and then they found my Twitter account and I had been getting horrible tweets from them nonstop. That's why I wasn't answering my phone when it was vibrating. They were Twitter alerts from every tweet I was getting and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Thankfully, Darren was finally able to shut it off for me last night, but ya..."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Leah asked quietly.

"I didn't want to pull you into my problems," I admitted softly. "They weren't hating on you, and I wanted to keep you safe from them. I knew if I told you that you would lash out at them, but that would just bring all the hate down on you too, and I couldn't let that happen."

"You should have told me, Kaley," Leah said, shifting closer to put her arm around my shoulder. "I don't care if people send me hate mail. They're just empty words from jealous people. People like that don't matter. Kaley, you don't have to suffer through this alone."

"Baby, you're not alone," Darren started to sing softly.

"Cause you're here with me," I answered, slipping my hand into his.

"And nothing's ever gonna bring us down!" Leah joined in with us. We stopped, taking a dramatic pause, which was maybe a little too dramatic because I couldn't help the giggle that threatened to slip from my lips. Luckily, I was not the first one to crack. A small squeak came from Leah as she tried to hold in her laughter, but she failed, and suddenly we were all lying on the bed, laughing like hyenas.

"I think I missed something," Chris' voice suddenly came from the doorway. We all stopped and looked up to find him standing there with a tray of Starbucks drinks and a paper bag with the Starbucks logo in his hands. We paused, looked at him, then at each other, and then started laughing again.

"Fine, don't let me in on your secret then," he humphed, walking farther into the room and dumping his load onto the table. The smell of coffee suddenly filled the room as Chris took the lid off of one of the cups.

"Coffee!" Darren almost squealed, leaping out of the bed and over to the table where Chris was. I just rolled my eyes as I slid out of the bed and walked over to them, Leah following me.

"Green tea with honey for our non-coffee drinker," Chris smiled, handing me one of the cups.

"Thanks," I smiled, accepting the cup from him before peeking into the paper bag. "Ooo! Muffins!" I reached into the bag and pulled out what looked like a blueberry muffin. I took it back over to the bed where Darren had sat back down with his coffee cupped sacredly in his hands and sat down beside him. Once I was comfortable, I took a big bite from the muffin and smiled. "Mmmmm, it's still warm!"

"Did you think that I would bring back cold muffins?" Chris scoffed, slightly offended.

"No, it's just that I've never really had warm muffins from Starbucks before," I replied immediately, trying to cover my tracks. "They're usually cold."

"Well, I had them specially heated for us," Chris grinned triumphantly.

"Liar," Leah laughed, rolling her eyes at him. "They were fresh out of the oven when we got there."

"Leah!" Chris exclaimed. "You're supposed to be on my side and help make me look good!"

"Opps," she giggled. "Sorry, muffin."

He just rolled his eyes as he turned back to look at me and Darren.

"Okay, you two had better get moving if you want to be able to go for a scooter ride before the show today," Chris stated as he started to clean up the breakfast mess.

"I'll have to go home to shower and change," I argued, popping another piece of muffin into my mouth.

"No, you don't," Leah shook her head. "Me and Chris stopped by the apartment earlier and grabbed some clothes for you." She pointed to a bag sitting by the door. "So you can shower and change here."

"Okay," I sighed, getting up and starting to head towards the bathroom. I wasn't a fan of hotel showers. I preferred showering in the comforts of my own home.

"Me first!" Darren declared, jumping off the bed and bolting past me into the bathroom. He stuck his tongue out at me triumphantly before slamming the door shut.

"Jerk!" I called out, glaring at the closed door. "Haven't you ever heard of 'ladies first'?" The only response I got was the sound of the shower turning on.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to face Chris and Leah. Both of them were looking at me with huge grins plastered across their faces.

"What?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at them.

"You guys are too cute!" Leah gushed, squealing slightly with happiness. "You're seriously so cute together!"

"Yeah, but not everyone thinks so," I sighed, sitting down on the bed again. "Seriously, the Twitter hate has just been nonstop and it's really been getting to me. I know that I shouldn't let it bother me so much, but I can't help it. It upsets me that so many people think poorly of me..."

"We'll, there's only one person, besides Leah and myself, whose opinion should matter to you," Chris said with a smile, suddenly holding out his phone for me to look at. "And he thinks you're amazing." I looked at the screen and saw that there was a new tweet from Darren.

I've never been happier in all my life that 'I finally found you, my missing puzzle piece. I'm complete.' You're amazing. You 'complete' me. - @DarrenCriss

My heart skipped a beat. I made him happy.

Well you make me happy too, I smiled to myself, my eyes flickering back over to the closed bathroom door. You are my Teenage Dream too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darren's POV

Within seconds of me hitting send, I instantly got what seemed like hundreds of replies.

@DarrenCriss OMG! Is that about @KalesOfFun ? Are the rumours true? - @GleeFreak47

@DarrenCriss I'll be your Teenage Dream <3 - @AddictedToDarren

@DarrenCriss you complete ME <3
- @SuperMegaFoxyAwesomeHot

@DarrenCriss I bet that's about @KalesOfFun ! I would kill to be her right now! - @DarrensFutureWife

@DarrenCriss is @KalesOfFun your girlfriend? - @TakeMeUpToWinnipeg

I smiled as I read the last one.

I guess she is now, I smiled to myself. I hit the reply button to that tweet and answered with a simple: Yes :)

I suddenly felt really giddy. I had never felt like this with any other girl before. Kaley really was different. She was special.

Just for fun, I decided to search her on Twitter and what I saw did not please me. My screen quickly filled with more hate tweets than I had seen last night. People were still hating on Kaley because of Vanessa. I felt my blood start to boil as I quickly composed a new tweet.

@KalesOfFun is amazing! Why are you hating on her? A true fan wouldn't hate! Help me show her that not everyone is a hater <3 - @DarrenCriss

There, I smiled proudly. That should help things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaley's POV

"Oh my gosh! Kaley!" Leah exclaimed suddenly, not looking up from her phone. "Go check you Twitter! Now!"

I frowned. I didn't really ever want to "check" my Twitter ever again. I would still post the occasional tweet, but I never stayed on for long and definitely never checked any of my mentions.

"Do I have to?" I whined, though I still proceeded to pull out my phone.

"Yes, you do!" Leah replied anxiously.

"Fine," I sighed, signing into my Twitter on my phone. I clicked on the mentions tab, preparing myself for the onslaught of bitter words, but I did not find any. Instead, my feed was filled with encouraging tweets.

@KalesOfFun Oh My Gosh!! You are so adorable!!! Ignore those losers! You have a natural beauty, something Vanessa wishes she had! - @Gleekerific

@KalesOfFun Hold your head up high, honey. You and Darren are meant to be <3 - @gerdawg

Finally someone put Vanessa in her place! Don't know her, but already liking @KalesOfFun. You go, girl! Daley >>>>>> Danessa! - @loreloveslife

@KalesOfFun they wrote it, HATERS. If they spread it, FOOLS. If anyone believes it, IDIOTS. You're amazing kales <3 - @zahraauob

@KalesOfFun you seem too nice to be getting so much hate over your private life, ignore them! #smilelotsbehappy - @moonyshoeslupin

@KalesOfFun Kaley, forget haters You and Darren are meant to be, so don't let them rain on your parade. #DaleyRules <3 - @GleekStarKid3

I felt my eyes starting to tear up. People did like me. Not all of the fans hated me. Heck, some of them were totally shipping us!

"Look at this one!" Leah exclaimed, showing me her screen. "They referred to you as Karren!"

"Reminds me of my mom," Chris mumbled to himself as he scrolled through his phone. "Karren, KD, Daley..." He started to list off the names we were being called.

"Daley..." I tasted the name on my lips. "I like it. It's cute."

"I agree," Darren's voice slipped into the room. We all turned towards the bathroom to see him standing in the doorway with just a towel wrapped around his waist. My eyes slid up and down his still slightly dripping body and I instantly felt heat rising to my cheeks again, but this time, I didn't look away.

"Progress," Darren chuckled lightly as he walked over and placed a light kiss on my forehead. "You're turn."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darren's POV

Kaley ended up taking longer in the shower than we thought she would, so we didn't have a whole lot of time to go scootering before the show.

"We can still scooter to the theater," Leah argued as we headed down to the parking garage. "And then we can go out again between shows."

"What do you think, Darren?" Chris asked me, his eyes lighting up with laughter. "Do you think Leah likes her birthday present?"

"I don't know," I shrugged playfully. "Maybe you should take it back-" I was silenced by an icy glare from Leah.

"Or not," I chuckled, following Kaley over to her sleek, black scooter. She picked up the two helmets sitting on it and handed one to me, which I quickly put on. The helmet was a little snug, but I didn't say anything about it.

"Okay," Kaley said, swinging her leg over the scooter. "Now how do you work this thing?"

"It's a lot like a motorbike," Chris laughed, walking over to help her. "You turn this handle to give it gas and you pull this to brake." He pointed to the different parts as he explained. "When you come to a stop, make sure you put your feet down to stabilize yourself, like you would on a normal bike and I think that steering is pretty obvious. Got all that?"

"I think so," Kaley nodded slowly.

"Alright, then let's go!" Chris grinned, walking back over to where Leah sat waiting with her scooter. He quickly hopped on the scooter behind her and I copied him by hopping on behind Kaley.

"You ready?" I whispered in her ear.

"Are you kidding?" she grinned. She quickly turned the handle and the scooter suddenly jolted to life, sending us forward a few feet.

"Not that fast!" Chris shouted as Kaley released the handle and squeezed down on the brake, stopping us.

"Wow!" she exclaimed. "That was a rush!"

"You've got to turn it slowly, Kaley!" Leah laughed. "It can be really sensitive!"

"Alright," Kaley giggled. "Let's try that again." She slowly turned the handle again and this time the scooter eased forward a lot more smoothly.

"I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" Kaley exclaimed happily.

"Follow me!" Leah said, turning her scooter around and driving up out of the garage. Kaley quickly followed her, seeming to grow more and more comfortable with driving the scooter as we went along.

I wrapped my arms around her waist, giving her a light squeeze. I could practically feel Kaley's excitement emanating from her body. She was loving this. But, as all good things sadly tend to do, our ride had to come to an end as we pulled up into the theatre's parking lot.

"That was so much fun!" Kaley exclaimed as she shut the scooter off. Once the scooter was off, I quickly hopped off and helped hold the scooter still so that Kaley could get off too before quickly putting it onto its stand for her.

"Thanks," she smiled at me, slipping her hand into mine as we turned and walked towards the theatre. We were almost to the door when Kaley suddenly pulled her hand out of mine.

"Opps, I forgot sweater in the scooter!" she said, turning back towards it. "You go ahead. I'll be there in a minute."

"Okay," I smiled, following Leah and Chris into the building. Once inside, we split off to go our own separate ways. Chris headed over to hair and make-up, Leah to the laundry room, and I headed to my own dressing room.

I opened the door and suddenly everything went dark. I instantly reached my hands up to my eyes and felt something warm. A hand.

"Surprise!" a familiar voice exclaimed and the hand suddenly pulled away. "Did you miss us?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaley's POV

"You go ahead. I'll be there in a minute." I called out as I turned back to the scooter.

"Okay," he smiled, turning away and entering the building.

I quickly went over to the scooter, popped open the storage compartment, and took out my sweater. As I pulled it out, something pink fell out as well. I crouched down to pick it up and realized that it was a pair of sunglasses. Darren's sunglasses.

I've never been one for wearing pink... I thought as I put the sunglasses on top my head. But I think I can make an exception for these.

Sweater in hand and glasses on securely, I locked the scooter back up and quickly went inside. Leah wasn't in the laundry room so I figured that she must be out delivering outfits to the dressing rooms. I decided to grab Darren's clothes and take them to his dressing room because that was most likely where he was. There were surprisingly not very many outfits of his still hanging on the rack.

Maybe Leah already grabbed most of them, I shrugged as I grabbed the few outfits left and threw them over my shoulder. I quietly hummed to myself as I walked down the hall, picking up the Not Alone song again that Leah, Darren, and I had started singing earlier this morning. As I drew closer to Darren's room, I could hear voices, some that sounded slightly familiar, but I couldn't place them.

"So is it true about this Kaley Grant?" one voice said as I reached the door and, with a smile, a threw the door open and waltzed in.

"Did somebody say Kaley Grant?" I announced as I strutted in. I guess that singing Not Alone had placed me in an AVPM mindset, which caused me to paraphrased a line from the show, or more specifically from Draco Malfoy, played by the amazingly talented Lauren Lopez... whom I suddenly found myself standing in front of.

"Oh," was all that fell from my lips as my eyes grew wide with shock. I could feel my cheeks starting to flush with heat from embarrassment.

"Guys," Darren laughed, drawing the attention back to him. "This is my girlfriend, Kaley. Kaley, meet the StarKids." I slowly looked around the room in awe. Besides Lauren, Joey Richter, Brian Holden, Bonnie Gruesen, Jaime Lyn Beatty, and Joe Walker were all here too.

"Holy freaking Potter," I whispered under my breath, dropping the clothes that I had been carrying.

"Awwww, I think she's a little starstruck!" Joey laughed, coming closer and throwing his arm around my shoulder. "It's alright, Kaley! We're just normal, average people... who just happen to be amazingly talented and everyone loves us. But it's no biggie."

"Oh, Joey, stop it!" Bonnie laughed, shoving him away from me. "Ignore him, Kaley. He's just a big tease."

"Are you calling me fat?!" Joey demanded, placing his hands on his hips, an offended expression crossing his face. "Do I look fat to you, Joe?"

"Well, Ron does eat a lot," Joe shrugged, a light smirk forming on his lips. "And it all goes to your waist so..."

"Ok, guys, knock it off," Jaime laughed before turning to me. "It's nice to meet you, Kaley. I'm Jaime."

"I know," I smiled slightly. "I used to be super jealous of you."

"Really?" she seemed taken aback by my comment. "Why?"

"Because you got to kiss Darren," I replied, blushing again
slightly.

"Oh!" she laughed, moving closer to whisper in my ear. "Well, I'm the one who's jealous now. Darren's a dang good kisser. You're one lucky girl, Kaley."

A smile spread across my lips. I really liked these guys. They were even more awesome in person than they were on my computer screen.

"So what are you guys doing here?" I asked, my nerves starting to fade away.

"Isn't it obvious?" Joey exclaimed, throwing his arm around Darren's neck and pulling him down to give him a slight noogie. "We came to support our boy in his big show! And to meet his mysterious new girl." He gave me a playful wink. "I can already say that I like you much better than Vanessa. She was horrible."

"Totally," Lauren agreed, smiling at me. "You seem really nice. And you quote my lines, so that already puts you in my good books."

"I'm glad," I smiled back at her. "You were probably my favourite in the show."

"Hey!" everyone else exclaimed, looking at me with upset and hurt expressions. Darren's face looked the most pitiful.

"I thought that I was your favourite," he whined, pouting his lip slightly.

"I'm sorry, Dare," I had to hold back my laughter. "But nobody beats rolling around on the floor and this!" I proceeded to walk away and then turn back sharply, throwing my head back slightly in a dramatic pose.

"She's a natural!" Lauren exclaimed, clapping her hands. "Oh Darren, I like her! Can we keep her?"

"Sorry guys," Darren laughed, coming over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist protectively. "But she's mine." He nuzzled my neck playfully, which kind of tickled and make me squeak with surprise.

"Darren!" I squeaked. "That tickles!"

"Oh, does it?" he grinned mischievously. "Good." His fingers suddenly started tickling my sides and I squeaked again.

"Darren!" I exclaimed, trying to squirm out of his grasp. "No! Please! Stop! It hurts!"

"Ok, that's enough," Bonnie said suddenly, grabbing his ear and pulling him away from me.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Darren cried as he was being pulled away. I wrapped my arms around myself protectively as I sent Darren at glare.

"I am extremely ticklish, Darren!" I pouted.

"So I've noticed," he joked, earning himself another sharp tug on the ear. "Ouch! Okay! I'm sorry! You can let go now!"

"Boys," Jaime laughed, shaking her head. "They don't understand how delicate we can be."

"Hey! We're delicate too!" Joey argued, pouting his lip slightly.

"Sure you are," Lauren laughed, punching his arm.

"Ouch!" he exclaimed dramatically, grabbing his arm protectively and glaring at her.

"Oh, suck it up, you big baby!" Lauren rolled her eyes at him.

"One hour till show time!" a voice called out from the hallway.

"I guess that we should leave you now to get ready," Joe said, patting Darren on the shoulder. "Break a leg, man!"

"And remember, we'll all be out there in the audience," Joey grinned, slapping Darren on the back. "So don't mess up!"

Darren rolled his eyes at his friend, then suddenly grabbed his friend in a headlock.

"If I do, I'll blame it on you," he teased, giving Joey a noogie.

"Hey! Watch the hair!" Joey exclaimed, pulling out of Darren's grip.

"Payback," Darren grinned.

"Ok, guys, we really should go now," Bonnie said, rolling her eyes at them.

"Ever the Hermoine," Joey sighed, heading towards the door. "A total buzz kill!"

"Joey!" she exclaimed, chasing him out the door. His laughter echoed back into the room as he hurried away.

"See you after the show!" Lauren smiled, heading for the door with Jaime. "I look forward to getting to catch up with you... and getting to know you more, Kaley."

"Yes, we have things we must discuss," Brian said, looking at Darren. "A certain musical you promised to do with us..."

"Right!" Darren exclaimed. "Yes, well, we will talk more about it after."

"Alright," he smiled, heading out the door. "See you after. Come on, Joe." Joe smiled and gave us a goodbye wave as he followed Brian out the door.

"So," Darren said, a smile spreading across his lips. "What did you think of them?"

"I loved them!" I beamed. "They are just as awesome as I had imagined they would be."

"They loved you too," Darren smiled, coming over and kissing my forehead. "I can't wait till they hear you sing. They'll be blown away!"

"And who says I'm going to sing for them?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "I don't sing, remember?"

"Yes, you do," Darren laughed, nuzzling his nose against mine. "I've heard you, and you have an amazing voice."

"I was drunk," I argued teasingly.

"You weren't this morning," he grinned, knowing he'd caught me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Whatever," I said, pulling away from him to pick up the clothes that I had dropped. "You must have been dreaming." I handed him his clothes. "Here, you've got to get ready now, mister."

"Do I have to?" he whined, pouting his lip slightly.

"Yes," I laughed, heading for the door. "I'll see you after."

"Unless I need help with my mic pack," he grinned, giving me a wink.

"You wish," I laughed, leaving the door.

"You know I do!" his voice followed me out into the hall, making me smile.

He's just too adorable, I smiled to myself. I really am a lucky girl. First Darren, now the StarKids... I think that this is going to be a good day... No, more like a totally awesome day. I chuckled at my own joke.

And tonight is going to be just as totally awesome.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off, let me apologize for how late this is!! I did not mean for two weeks to pass me by that quickly! Between school and work, it isn't always easy to find time to write, so I'm sorry, but I'm doing the best I can!

Thank you to everyone who submitted a tweet. Not all of them were used because I could only choose so many and some were either too long or used the "L" word, which I have been avoiding for now. The "L" word is a serious thing! :-p But honestly, I loved each and every one of them and if I could have, I would have used them all! <3

Check out this pic someone took in support of Daley! <3 It made my day! <3 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4z0Lo3CAAAX3Ig.jpg

Thank you to all of you amazing people would continue to read this story!

Thank you to my ever amazing commenters:

zyn
HopeIsAGift
airplanes__
Loor

If you've been keeping track of what "day" they are on, then you'll be excited to know that something really dramatic is going to happen "tomorrow". So you have that to look forward to! :)

Thank you for being such continual and ever amazing supporters of this story :)

Happy Halloween, everyone! Hope that you enjoyed this special "treat"! :)