Sequel: Who Could Have Known
Status: Complete!

If You Only Knew

When I Get You Alone

Kaley's POV

"Let go of me!" I snapped, pulling against the tight grip he still had on my arm as I tried to shove him away from me.

"Now why would I do that?" he grinned, forcing my arm back against the wall behind me. "That would ruin all the fun!"

I continued to fight against him, using my free hand to try to shove him away and pry his hand off my arm.

"Oh Kaley, this would be so much easier if you would just stop fighting me," he chuckled, grabbing my free arm and pinning it to the wall as well.

"Stop it!" I cried, my voice edging on tears. "Let me go!" I felt so helpless. He was too strong for me and he knew it.

He took pleasure out of my helplessness, his grin widening maliciously as he dragged my arms up above my head and held them there. One hand wrapped tightly around both of my wrists as they were pressed back against the wall, while the other hand dropped down to trace over my cheek. I instantly flinched away at his touch, making him laugh.

"There are so many things that I want to do to you right now," he whispered, leaning closer to my ear. "That I can do to you. You're mine now, Kaley. Mine to do with however I please." I shuddered at his words, a slight whimper slipping from my lips as he turned his head slightly to nibble my ear. The action felt so wrong. This was wrong.

"Help!" I suddenly screamed, slightly startling him. "Help! Please, somebody help me!"

James recovered quickly, clamping his hand down roughly over my mouth, silencing me.

"Shut up!" he hissed, his eyes blazing. He quickly glanced around, hoping that no one had heard me. Once he was satisfied that no one had, he turned back to me with a huge grin.

"See?" he smirked. "No one's coming to save you, Kaley. You are all mine. Mine to kiss, mine to touch, and mine to do so much more... I think I know what I want from you first."

He slowly pulled his hand away from my mouth and cupped my cheek with it. He slowly closed his eyes as he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine.

He tasted awful.

Darren always tasted sweet when he kissed me, but James just tasted bitter and foul. I instantly turned my head away, breaking away from his lips. James opened his eyes and grinned at me.

"Wasn't that so good?" he grinned. "I bet that I'm the only one you'll ever want to kiss now, right?" I decided to let him know exactly what I thought of the kiss.

I spat in his face.

"You little slut!" he hissed, slapping me hard across the face. "So you'll put out for gay face, but not for me?"

"Screw you!" I growled, wincing at the pain in my cheek.

"Gladly," he grinned, his hand reaching down to the zipper on my jeans. My eyes widened in horror as I realized what he was going to do.

No, please no! my mind cried as he fumbled with the zipper. I pulled hard against the hand that still held my hands above my head as I started to scream again.

"Please somebody help me!" I screamed as loud as I could. "Help me! I'm being ra-"

"Shut up!" James hissed, clamping his hand down over my mouth again.

Better that it's up here than down there, I told myself.

"Why can't you just do what I want and behave!" he huffed.

Really? I gave him a disbelieving look. He was trying to do the dirty deed with me, against my will, and he thought that I wouldn't fight back?

"Stay still!" he demanded as I continued to struggle. "The sooner you stop fighting me, the sooner this will be more pleasurable, for both of us."

In your dreams, I thought as I suddenly bit down on the hand covering my mouth.

"Son of a-" he cursed, whipping his hand away. He took his eyes off of me for a second, but a second was all that I needed. I quickly brought my knee up and slammed it hard into his manhood. The sudden pain to his private parts created enough shock for his grip on my hands to loosen, which I quickly took advantage of, pulling my hands out of his grasp and shoving him hard. He fell to the ground, clutching his parts, and I instantly booked it towards the door. Within seconds, my hand was on the doorknob.

But the door wouldn't open.

"No, please, no!" I cried, simultaneously pounding and tugging in futile on the locked door. "Why won't you open?!"

"I told you that you wouldn't get away from me," he laughed in my ear. A sudden pressure, his hand, locked onto the back of my neck, pulling me away from the door and my only hope of escape. He quickly shoved me to the ground and I hit the pavement hard, my head colliding painfully with the cold concrete. I winced as I slowly turned to look up at him as he towered over me with a triumphant grin. In his hands dangled a set of keys.

"It's one of the perks of working in the theatre," he explained, jingling the keys. "They trust you with the keys to the building. And it's a good thing that I decided to lock the door while you were talking to your dear, sweet Daddy. Otherwise, you'd miss out on all the fun we're going to have."

"Stay away from me!" I cried, trying to scramble back away from him, but he just laughed as he quickly dropped down and straddled me, trapping my body to the ground. He continued to laugh as I tried to hit him, easily grabbing my wrists and pinning them down under his knees. Unlike before, this time I knew I was completely trapped. I couldn't move my arms or legs and this time, James had both of his hands free. Free to do whatever he wanted to me.

"Please," I whispered, my voice cracking slightly. "Don't."

"Shhhh," he grinned, touching his finger to my lips. "This won't take long. I only want one thing from you, Kaley, and once I take it from you, do you really think that Darren will want you? You'll be damaged goods and I'll be the only one who will want you. And I'll always want you, Kaley. I've wanted this since the day we met." He slowly leaned down and kissed me again, his bitter taste filling my mouth and making me feel sick.

"Don't," I mumbled under his lips. "I don't want this."

"Trust me, Kaley," he grinned as he broke away from the kiss. "You may think that you don't want it, but secretly, you do. And I'm going to help you realize that."

I felt his hands start to fumble with my jeans again and, once he had gotten mine open, he quickly started to open his own. I closed my eyes and turned my head away, a small whimper escaping my throat. I felt something warm run down my cheek and I slowly opened my eyes to see a small red drop hit the ground.

I'm bleeding, I realized in alarm. How hard had I hit my head? I suddenly felt even more nauseous as a dull, thrumming pain filled my head.

Please let me pass out, I prayed. I don't want to be able to remember any of this.

I felt his hands starting to tug at my jeans, trying to pull them down.

Please, God! I cried. Don't let him do this!

I could feel myself getting more and more lightheaded. Black dots were starting to creep on the edge of my vision.

Please, God, I begged. Just take me now. Before he does it to me.

"What the-" a somewhat familiar voice drifted into my ear. It sounded very far away. "Get off of her!" And suddenly, the heavy pressure was gone. I slowly turned my head back to where James was to find him gone. I felt my eyes get heavy as I searched for the despicable man.

Where did he go? I wondered, my gaze slowly traveling around me. And then I spotted him, pressed up against the wall where I had been earlier. Suddenly, he slumped to the ground, having been released by the figure standing in front of him. The figure quickly turned and hurried over to me, dropping down beside me and pulling my head gently into his lap.

"Kaley!" he exclaimed, lightly touching my forehead. "You're bleeding!"

I slowly reached my hand up and touched his face, a smile slowly spreading across my lips.

"Darren," I sighed, feeling a moment of security before my vision suddenly blurred.

And then there was darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darren's POV

"Okay, you may go now," Ryan announced, dismissing us.

"Finally!" I whispered to Chris as we stood up and walked out of the room. "I thought that he'd never stop talking!"

"I think you're overreacting," Chris laughed. "I bet it just seemed longer because you're so excited to go to the girls' place."

"Aren't you?" I asked. Chris just shrugged in response.

"I've been there before, so I'm probably not as excited or as eager as you are," Chris explained. "Not to say that I'm not excited, cause I am. I just mean that I don't have the same level of excitement since you've never seen the place before so there's an added excitement for you."

"Wait, you've seen their place already?" I exclaimed. "How? When?"

"Well, when you're off with Kaley, I'm usually hanging with Leah," Chris replied nonchalantly. "And we've hung out at her place sometimes since you guys were at the hotel and we wanted to give you guys some privacy."

"Oh," I replied softly. "You know, I'm kinda hurt that you got to see their place before me, you know, since I'm actually dating one of them. Or is there something that you need to tell me?"

"You're relentless!" Chris exclaimed. "There is nothing going on between us! What, can't a guy be friends with a girl without people thinking that they're in a relationship?!"

"My, you're getting quite defensive over this," I teased him, poking his side playfully. "Trying to cover something up?"

"You're impossible!" Chris rolled his eyes at me. "Come on, let's go get the girls so we can go to their place and you can satisfy your curiosity."

"What curiosity?" I scoffed.

"Oh, come on!" Chris laughed. "You can't tell me that you've never wondered what Kaley's apartment looks like, what her room looks like, where she slee-"

"Ok, you can stop now!" I cut him off. "I get it, alright? And yes, maybe I have wondered."

Truth be told, I more than wondered. Since the day I had met her, I had pictured many different ways that her room could look. I pictured it bright, full of colour, and then I pictured it dark and mysterious. I pictured what sort of things that she would have in her room... But I would never admit that to Chris.

"Knock, knock!" Chris called out as he tapped on the laundry room door.

"Hey, Chris!" Leah beamed as we walked in. "Hi, Darren. You guys ready to go?"

"Yep," Chris nodded as I glanced around the room.

"Where's Kaley?" I asked.

"Oh, she got a call from her dad, so she went to take it outside..." Leah glanced down at the watch on her finger. "That was like fifteen minutes ago though... I thought that she would have been back by now..."

"I'll go find her," I grinned, turning back to the door. "She probably just got caught up talking to her dad."

"That's going to be horrible for her long distance bill!" I heard Leah comment as I slipped through the door.

It's worth it though, I smiled to myself as I walked down the hallway. I thought about the countless times that I had spent hours talking to my own parents on the phone. Though I was grown up and living on my own, I still missed my parents, especially since they lived so far away. I made a mental note to myself to go visit them the next time that I had some free time off. And maybe I could bring Kaley with me to introduce her to them. The thought made me grin.

"Kaley?" I called out as I walked down the hall.

Now where did she go? I wondered, pulling out my phone to call her. It rang a couple of times before going to her voicemail. Okay, she can't be on her phone still then, otherwise it would have gone straight to her voicemail... So then where is she?

A quiet, thumping noise caught my attention. On a whim, I turned and headed in the direction that I thought that the sound had come from. I soon found myself standing before a door, a small exit sign glowing red above it.

Huh, I didn't know that there was an exit here, I thought as I pushed on the door. It didn't open. I looked down and realized that it was locked. Maybe I was just hearing things...

A muffled voice cut off my thoughts.

Is someone out there? I wondered, turning the lock and opening the door. I quickly peeked outside and, at first, I didn't see anything. But then a hushed voice caught my attention and my eyes slowly fell on an odd shape on the ground.

Is that a person? I wondered, stepping out the door, letting it shut softly behind me. I was about to call out to them, to see if they were okay, when something beneath them suddenly moved. A head. A face. Kaley's face. It took me a moment to realize what was happening.

"What the-" I didn't have to finish my question. I knew what he was doing.

"Get off of her!" I yelled, quickly dashing over and ripping him off of her.

"James," I hissed as I slammed him up against the wall. "I should have known that it was you!"

"What?" he laughed. "Jealous that I was got to do her first? Because you haven't been able to work your way into her bed yet? Why do you think she was holding that back from you? Because she was saving it for me! She may not have realized it yet, but secretly, she and I both know that I'm the one that she really wants."

"Shut up!" I snapped, punching him across the face. "You are a worthless piece crap who wouldn't even deserve someone as pure and beautiful as Kaley!"

"She's not so pure now, is she, pretty boy," he grinned, fresh blood oozing through his teeth. "No one wants damaged goods."

"I said shut up!" I growled, punching him again. "Kaley is not damaged! The only one who's damaged here is you! You with your sick, twisted mind!"

"Twisted mind?" he chuckled, clearly not caring about the blood pouring from his split lip. "Kaley's mind is the only one that's twisted if she'd really choose you over me! You're going to be gone by the end of the week, back to the other side of the country! And she's going to be left here without you, all alone and forgotten. Twenty bucks says that you'll forget all about her once you get back to L.A. With all of the pretty women there, who would blame you? And once you're gone, who can Kaley turn to for comfort? Me. Once you're gone, she'll be all mine!"

My anger was boiling inside of me now, threatening to overflow.

"She will never be yours!" I yelled, hitting him again. "And I would never leave her like that! I love her!" My grip on him suddenly loosened as I realized what I had just said. I loved her. I loved Kaley.

"You love her?" James spat. "You can't lo-"

"I'm done talking to you!" I cut him off as I threw an especially hard punch. I felt his body go limp in my hands as he blacked out and I promptly let his body slump to the ground as I released him.

"Kaley," I exclaimed, turning back to the still form on the ground. "Kaley!" I quickly ran over to her, dropping to the ground and moving her head gently onto my lap. Her eyes looked glassy as she stared up at me with confusion.

I moved my hand to brush the hair from her face when I noticed the red liquid dripping down her cheek.

"Kaley!" I exclaimed softly, lightly touching her forehead. "You're bleeding!"

She slowly reached her hand up and touched my face, a small smile slowly spreading across her lips.

"Darren," my name slipped from her lips. Her voice sounded almost... happy... relieved. Her eyes suddenly flickered and then closed, her hand going limp and dropping back down to the ground.

"Kaley!" I screamed, cupping her face with my hands. "Kaley, no!" Somehow, I managed to find my common sense and checked for a pulse. I breathed a sigh of relief when I found it, though it didn't feel quite right. I quickly but carefully pulled my cell phone out of my pocket, trying hard to not disturb the pale faced girl in my lap. I quickly typed in the three digits and held the phone up to my ear.

"911, what's your emergency?" the voice on the other end asked.

"M-My girlfriend," I stuttered, my voice cracking slightly as tears started to spill down my cheeks. "He tried to... he..."

"Sir, I need you to calm down and take a deep breath," the woman said softly. "What is your name?"

"Darren, Darren Criss," I replied after taking a deep breath. "Please, I need an ambulance. She's bleeding and she won't wake up and please! I can't lose her!"

"Okay, Mr. Criss, it's going to be okay," the woman replied calmly. "What is your location?"

"The R-Radio City M-Music Hall," I replied, gently stroking Kaley's pale face as I took another small breath to calm myself. "We're outside one of the b-back entrances."

"Okay, you're doing great, Mr. Criss," the woman said encouragingly. "You mentioned a he. Is there someone else there?" I quickly glanced up at the still form slumped against the wall.

"Y-Yeah, he's still here," I replied shakily, trying to control the anger that was building in me again. I wanted to kill him for what he did to Kaley. "Can you send the cops too? He-" I took another deep breath. "He sexually assaulted her... He may have..." I couldn't hold back the sob that burst from my lips.

"It's going to be okay, Mr. Criss," the woman said gently. "Where is he now?"

"A-Against the w-wall," I replied, my eyes flickering up to him again. "I k-knocked him out."

"Okay, Mr. Criss, the police and paramedics are on their way," the woman said. "Just sit tight, okay? They'll be there soon."

"O-Okay," I nodded, leaning down and pressing my lips against Kaley's forehead.

"Please wake up," I whispered softly to her. "Please be alright. I can't lose you, Kaley. I can't. I love you." One of my tears dripped down onto her face.

"I love you, Kaley Grant. I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun duuuuuuuuuuh!!! I am so evil with cliff hangers, aren't I? :-p So what did you think? What's going to happen next? How'd you feel about Darren's sudden realization? Please leave me some comments letting me know what you think! :)

Thank you diannabanana! for recommending! I'm glad you like it that much! :)

Thank you to my ever amazing commenters for all of your lovely and motivating comments:

airplanes__
zyn
moriartily
Loor
Psychokitty13

All of your comments seriously brighten my day :) Thank you for putting up with long wait. I just got out of exam week, so now I have a couple weeks off in which I will have time to write more chapters :) Stay tuned for a lot more to come! :)