Sequel: Who Could Have Known
Status: Complete!

If You Only Knew

Lean on Me

Kaley's POV

As soon as we got back to our apartment, I quickly locked myself in our small bathroom. I appreciated Leah's comforting presence, but I desperately needed a couple of minutes alone. I put the lid of the small white toilet down so that I could sit on it, quickly bringing my legs up, my heels resting gently on the corner of the lid, so that my arms could wrap around them and I could bury my face in my knees.

A part of me wanted to cry again, but something held me back from doing so. As I reflected back on what had happened, I found myself becoming more and more angry. Who was this Darren Criss to treat me, or anybody really, in such a way? I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket, Darren Criss' picture illuminating on the screen as it woke up, and I suddenly found myself staring at the picture.

It was one of my favourite pictures of him. He was slightly turned away so that his back was to the camera in a beach like setting. He had no shirt on and his head was tilted down like as if he was looking at something on the ground, or like as if he was just lost in thought. I loved the picture because it seemed so natural.

I felt the sudden urge to delete the photo, but in the end I couldn't bring myself to do it. Though he had been the biggest jerk of life, I still liked him. I had had a huge crush on him as soon as he had appeared on the show as Blaine. Well, technically I had seen him as Harry Potter in the StarKid's musical, A Very Potter Musical, on YouTube before seeing him on Glee, loving his quirky facial expressions and beautiful voice, but when he sang on Glee, my heart just imploded with happiness. He had one of the most beautiful singing voices that I had ever heard in my life. I was completely entranced by his voice whenever he sang. There was just something so magical about it (haha magical! Get it? Cause he played Harry Potter! ... Wow that was lame) and it just made me instantly happy whenever I heard one of his songs. But right now, hearing his voice was the last thing that I wanted.

"Kaley?" Leah's voice was hesitant as she lightly knocked on the door.

"I just need a minute," I told her, burying my face in my knees again.

"Do you want me to put some popcorn on, maybe set up a movie?" she asked.

"I don't know," I sighed. I wasn't really in the mood to watch anything.

"Come on," she sighed. "I'll put on Tangled if you want." I smiled. She knew me too well. Tangled was one of my favourite Disney movies.

"Alright, fine," I replied. "I'll watch Tangled."

My mind suddenly conjured an image of a scene in the movie but with me replacing Rapunzel and Darren replacing Flynn Rider where I smacked him in the face with a frying pan. Hard. I smiled at the image. But then a different scene took over. Rapunzel/me and Flynn/Darren in a boat on the water, surrounded by floating lights, about to kiss. I smacked my head, trying to dislodge the image from my mind, but it wouldn't go away.

"I don't really want to watch Tangled anymore," I sighed. "Can we watch a movie that doesn't involve falling in love?"

When I finally emerged from the bathroom I found Leah curled up on our old blue couch in the living room, a bowl of popcorn sitting in her lap.

"I popped us each our own bowl," she said, pointing to another bowl on the small coffee table. "I didn't want to share cause I'm hungry!"

"More for me!" I laughed as I picked up the bowl and sat down beside her. "So what movie did you pick?"

"Well, since you don't want to watch Tangled for some odd reason," she gave me an inquiring look, but I just shook my head. "Well, I picked two of your other favourite Disney movies instead." She held up two DVD cases. One was Pocahontas and the other was the 2003 version of Peter Pan.

"I said no love stories," I whined.

"Well, technically they aren't cause Pocahontas and John Smith don't end up together in the end and Wendy leaves Peter and returns to London while he stays in Neverland," Leah argued. "Hey, it was the best I could do considering the fact that half of your movie library is made up of love stories!"

"I guess you're right," I sighed, slouching down into the couch. "Put on Peter Pan. I'd rather watch the girl leave the guy than the guy leave the girl."

"Alrighty," she smiled, getting up to put the movie on. When she sat back down, I pulled up a blanket to cover both of us. I leaned my head on her shoulder as the movie started and I heard her quietly start to hum Lean on Me. I smiled and began to hum along with her. Pretty soon we were both belting out the chorus to the song, not caring about how thin the walls were and that our neighbours might hear us singing.

As we sang the last line of the song, I felt tears pricking my eyes.

"Thank you," I whispered to her as I dabbed at my eyes with the corner of the blanket.

"That's what friends are for," she replied, giving me a hug. "Now hush! Peter's about to teach them how to fly!" I smiled as I turned my attention back on the tv screen and watched Jeremy Sumpter in his leafy outfit try to teach the three Darling children how to fly. I felt my eyes starting to drift close and as I entered into my dreamworld that night, I dreamed that Peter Pan was coming to take me away to Neverland where I would never have to grow up or deal with such confusing things like love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, thanks for continuing to read my story! So what do you think of the two new chapters? I'd love to hear what you think! :-p