Sequel: Who Could Have Known
Status: Complete!

If You Only Knew

I Don't Want To Know

Kaley's POV

"I am so over Darren Criss," I declared to Leah as I hung a bright red, leather, Michael Jackson jacket up on the rack. The last few remaining outfits for the show had arrived earlier this morning and Leah and I had busied ourselves for the past hour with sorting through the large pile and hanging up the various outfits in their respective groups.

"Sure you are," Leah rolled her bright blue eyes at me as she hung up a black leather jacket. "Then let me delete his picture from your phone..." She started to reach from my small Blackberry that was sitting on the table, but I quickly half dove across the table and grabbed it before she could.

"No!" I exclaimed, hugging it protectively to my chest, turning my body slightly away from her to shield it from her view as if that would protect it even more.

"I thought that you said that you were over him," she teased, crossing her arms over her chest, a light smile spreading across her lips.

"Oh, be quiet," I rolled my eyes at her as I slid off of the table and righted myself. My eyes caught on the illuminated picture of Darren on the screen before I slid it into my pocket.

As much as I hated him right now, I just couldn't ignore the fact that I had had a huge crush on him for the past couple years, because a crush like that is not something that you can just get over in the blink of an eye.

"I can't help it," I sighed. "He has such an amazing voice! It's like... hypnotic or something. I hear it and I just can't help but love him even more, even if he is a jerk."

"I know what you mean," Leah sighed dreamily. "That's how I feel when I hear Chris' voice. It's just so... magical! It makes my heart flutter every time he sings!" She let out a deep, heavy sigh. "If only he wasn't..." She bent her hand at a 45 degree angle and I laughed.

"I know what you mean," I replied. "He has such an amazing voice. That's why he was my favourite before you-know-who came along..." I let out another disheartened sigh. I had been rejected by guys before, but this one hurt so much more because it had been him. Him, the one whose songs I listened to night and day, the one whose picture was saved on every single one of my electronic devices, the one who broke my heart like no one else had ever done before.

Maybe I should delete his picture, I thought, reaching for my phone. It'll be a start at least...

"Hey Kaley," Leah interrupted my thoughts. I looked up at her to see her holding out another sparkly black, leather, Michael Jackson jacket to me. Around the left sleeve I noticed a silver band and I instantly recognized it as the jacket that Blaine wore in the number Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'.

"Can you hang this up?" she raised her eyebrows at me challengingly, knowing very well whose jacket it was. I just rolled my eyes as I reached out and took it from her.

"Yeah, whatever," I retorted as I turned away from her and scanned the racks before me.

We had organized all of the costumes onto racks for each of the actors, which were all lined up in neat little rows. I quickly found Darren's rack, which was a couple of rows back, and made my way towards it.

"Oh!" I heard Leah exclaim as I hung the jacket on the rack.

I turned around, the word "What?" ready to fall from my lips, but I stopped myself as I heard another voice start to speak.

"Are you Kaley Grant?" a high, musical voice asked. Though the racks hid my view of who was speaking, I could instantly tell who it was. I carefully snuck to the end of the row and peeked out. Sure enough, there standing in the doorway was none other than Chris Colfer.

A light smile hung on his perfect lips as he stood there patiently, and I gazed in awe upon his beauty. His light brown hair was styled perfectly (as usual), matching his stylish, blue-vested outfit which made his bright glasz eyes stand out even more than they usually did. I felt my jaw drop as I stared at him. Then it hit me. Chris Colfer was here and he was looking for me!?!?

I was about to step out from my hiding place when I realized that Chris was not alone. Right behind him stood the last person that I wanted to see right now: Darren Criss.

"That's not her," he sighed, scratching his curly head with his free hand as the other one was holding a bright bouquet of flowers.

"No, I'm not Kaley," Leah finally spoke up, finding her voice again. "But she-" She looked back at where she knew I was and our eyes locked. I quickly shook my head, telling her that I didn't want to see him. She nodded very slightly before turning back to the guys.

"But she's actually not here right now," Leah continued. "She had a rough night last night, so she's not coming in until later." I winced slightly at Leah's words, even though they were true... Well, half true at least. Last night had been a rough one.

My eyes flickered back to Darren and I was surprised by what I saw. He looked absolutely stricken, sorrow and pain lancing through his heavy hazel eyes. His shoulders slumped as if the weight of the world had just been put on them.

"Now what?" he asked as he turned to Chris. Chris brought his hand up to stroke his chin as he thought, his eyes catching on Leah as he looked around the room and realization suddenly flashed through them.

"Oh, where are my manners!" he exclaimed, walking towards her and holding out his hand. "I'm Chris Colfer."

"I can see that," Leah replied, taking his hand. "I mean-I mean I know. I know who you are." Then she bowed to him and I almost burst out laughing as I realized what she was doing. Once she finished the bow, which caught Chris off guard and left a surprised look on his face, Leah proceeded to move very close to him, uncomfortably close, and whisper something to him. Although I couldn't hear what she was saying, I was sure that I could guess what it was.

"I just want to let you know," I could subconsciously hear her voice in my head. "Nobody has talent but you, none of the new artists."

When she pulled away, I noticed the huge smile on Chris' face.

"You've seen my Lady Gaga interview with Ellen," he laughed. A smile spread across Leah's face.

"Maybe once or twice," she admitted, blushing. "I told myself that if I ever got to meet you that I would have to do that to you."

"Well, I'm glad you did," he smiled. "It made my day."

"Well, that just made my day then," Leah replied. "This is so surreal."

"Umm, you can let go of my hand now..." Chris lightly chuckled. Leah looked down at their still clasped hands and quickly let go.

"Sorry," she mumbled, hanging her head. "I honestly didn't mean to do that..."

"No worries," he smiled. "Miss...?"

"Oh!" she exclaimed. "Tanner, Leah Tanner."

"Well, it is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Leah Tanner," he gave her a small bow. I knew that she must be freaking out inside but she did really well at remaining seemingly calm.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mister Chris Colfer," she beamed. Darren took that moment to step forward.

"Hi Leah, I'm Darren Criss," he said, extending his hand towards her.

"Yes, I know who you are," she glared at him, but then slowly reached out and took his hand. "I'm Kaley Grant's best friend." She let his hand drop as she let go, letting her words sink in. His face paled and his eyes widened.

"Please, let me explai-" he started, but Leah cut him off.

"You don't have to explain anything to me," she snapped. "Kaley's the one who should get some answers." She lowered her voice before continuing.

"You hurt her, you know," she said softly. "Do you have any idea what it's like to meet your hero and then to have them basically rip your heart out and step on it repeatedly?" Darren cringed at her words.

"I feel horrible," he replied, hanging his head. "I was having a bad day and I took it out on her. I don't know what happened. I just... snapped, you know?" He sighed as he looked back up, running his fingers through his short curly hair.

"I never meant to hurt her," he continued. "Honestly, if there was any way that I could take it all back, I would. That was probably the cruelest that I've ever been in my entire life and I cannot stop kicking myself for my actions. When I realized what I had done, I felt sick to my stomach. I know that there is no way that I can ever make it up to her, but I'm willing to try. Could you give these to her when she gets in?" He held out the flowers to her.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped out of my hiding place.

"That won't be necessary."