Sequel: Who Could Have Known
Status: Complete!

If You Only Knew

Hey, Soul Sister

Kaley's POV

I couldn't breath. A part of me couldn't believe that that had actually just happened.

"Kaley," Leah's voice called my attention to her. I slowly turned towards her and found her to be in the exact same state as I was. Her eyes were wide with disbelief and her mouth was hanging open in shock. In her hands she delicately held the paper that Chris had given her.

"Kaley, I'm gleeking out right now," she eeked, staring down at the paper. I looked back down at the paper in my hands and my eyes flittered over the digits there again.

Darren Criss had just given me his number!

I didn't know how to feel. A part of me was still mad at him, even though I had forgiven him, while another part was freaking out, excited by the fact that he had given me something that I had wanted for years. And yet there was still another part of me that was actually scared of him, scared of his hostile actions when we first met, scared of the anger that I had seen in his eyes. It was not the ideal first meeting that I had expected.

But then again, a part of me still swooned when he was nearby, my heart pounding rapidly when he spoke , practically stopping when his soft eyes fell on me. I couldn't deny the fact that I was still hardcore crushing on him.

I will just have to tread carefully around him, I decided.

"Kaley?" Leah brought my attention back to her. "Did you not hear me? I'm gleeking out!"

"Leah..." I replied slowly, turning back to her, a smile slowly creeping onto my lips. "I think I just gleeked all over the place!" A smile plastered across Leah's face as she laughed. I had made that comment before after hearing Darren sing sorry for party rocking at the MMVAs when he had hit the last high, beautiful note. We had both freaked out while watching it on TV and then I had made my fateful comment, for which now Leah would not stop teasing me about. Eventually, we turned it into our own little joke, gleeking out and gleeking all over the place.

"If I'm dreaming, please don't pinch me," I begged once we had stopped laughing. "This is too nice of a dream to wake up from."

"It's not a dream, Kaley," Leah squeaked. "It's real! It's all real! Kaley, we now have Darren Criss' and Chris Colfer's phone numbers!"

"Then why are we currently not frantically trying to add them to our phones?" I asked with a light smirk. Leah looked at me and our eyes locked. We simultaneously pulled our phones out of our pockets and quickly began to insert the numbers into them, briefly trading papers so that we could added the other's number too.

"I want that back," Leah pointed at the paper that was now in my hand. Of course she would. It was Chris' page.

"Only if I get that one back," I replied, pointing at the one in her hand.

"Deal," she laughed, handing me her page as I did the same.

"We're kind of ridiculous sometimes," I commented, folding the paper and tucking it into my backpocket. "You know that, right?" She just smiled at me.

"Would you have us any other way?" she asked playfully.

"Never," I smiled back.

"Kaley!" a familiar voice called my name. I turned around and smiled at Vicky as she walked in the door.

"Hi Vicky," we both greeted her warmly.

"Is everything okay here?" she asked, looking back over her shoulder at the door, implying that she must have passed the boys on her way here.

"Yep," I nodded. "Everything's perfect." I winked at Leah and she clamped a hand over her mouth to stifle a giggle, catching on to my Klaine (or as we liked to call them, Blurt) song reference.

"Ok then..." Vicky smiled, looking back at me. "Kaley, I have a new job for you."

"Oh..." I exclaimed kind of sadly, looking over at Leah. I had been enjoying myself helping her here.

"You can still help out here whenever you're not needed elsewhere," Vicky reassured me, noticing my reaction.

"Oh, okay then," I smiled. "So what do you need me for?"

"Here," she handed a small stack of papers to me. "I need you to hang these up in each of the dressing rooms, as well as in the wings, green room, and black box. And anywhere else that you think it should be put up." I looked down at the papers in my hands and gasped.

"Set list!?!?" I exclaimed, reading the words on the top of the page.

"Yes, in case the performers forget the order of the show," Vicky nodded. "Do you think you can handle that?"

"Yes, ma'am!" I saluted.

"Good," she smiled, handing me a roll of tape before turning away. "If you need me, I'll be Stage Right." And with that she was gone and Leah was by my side in an instant, eagerly trying to look at the papers in my hands.

"Let me see! Let me see!" she pleaded, grabbing at the papers.

"Settle your jets!" I laughed, holding the papers up out of her reach. "Settle..."

"Alright! Alright!" she huffed, crossing her arms and pouting her lip for a moment before taking a deep breath and putting a smile on her face. "See? I'm calm." She uncrossed her arms and placed them on her hips, giving me an expression that said "Well? What are you waiting for?" I laughed at her childish expressions and brought the papers back down so that she could see them. Together we quickly read over the set list.

Set List

1) Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- Blaine, Kurt, Santana, Brittany, Mercedes, Tina, Rachel, Quinn, Finn, Mike, Puck, Sam, & Artie

2) Jessie's Girl
- Finn

3) Dinosaur
- Brittany & Cheerios

4) For Good
- Rachel & Kurt

5) Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Mercedes, Santana, Brittany, & Cheerios

6) Lucky
- Sam & Quinn

7) Hot For Teacher
- Puck, Finn, Mike, & Blaine

8) Don't Rain on my Parade
- Rachel

9) Perfect
- Kurt & Blaine

10) I'm Still Standing
- Artie & Quinn

11) Love Shack
- Blaine, Mercedes, Kurt, Rachel, & Brittany

12) Not The Boy Next Door
- Kurt, Tina, Brittany, & Mercedes

13) Pretending
- Finn & Rachel

14) Light Up The World
- Santana, Artie, Brittany, Quinn, Rachel, Finn, Puck, Kurt, Blaine, Tina, Mike, Mercedes, & Sam

~ Intermission ~

15) Born This Way
- Kurt, Mercedes, Tina, Brittany, Blaine, Puck, Artie, Mike, Quinn, Finn, Rachel, Santana, & Sam

16) Ding-Dong! The Witch is Dead
- Rachel & Kurt

17) It's Not Unusual
- Blaine & Cheerios (including Santana)

18) Single Ladies
- Kurt, Brittany, & Tina (with dancers)

19) Don't You Want Me
- Blaine & Rachel

20) Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
- Blaine, Kurt, Mike, Tina, Artie, Brittany, Santana, Quinn, Rachel, Finn, Puck, Mercedes, & Sam

21) Need You Now
- Rachel & Puck

22) We Are Young
- Rachel, Finn, Sam, Quinn, Mike, Tina, Artie, Puck, Blaine, Kurt, Mercedes, Santana, & Brittany

23) I'm The Greatest Star
- Kurt

24) Get It Right
- Rachel, Brittany, Tina, Mercedes, & Quinn

25) Loser Like Me
- Rachel, Finn, Santana, Brittany, Tina, Mike, Kurt, Artie, Blaine, Puck, Sam, Mercedes, & Quinn

~ Encore ~

26) I Feel Pretty/Unpretty
- Rachel & Quinn

27) True Colours
- Tina, Finn, Mercedes, Puck, Kurt, Brittany, Blaine, Mike, Santana, & Sam

28) The Safety Dance
- Artie (with dancers)

29) Don't Stop Believin'
- Rachel, Finn, Kurt, Blaine, Mercedes, Puck, Brittany, Santana, Mike, Tina, Sam, Quinn, & Artie

"Leah!" I exclaimed excitedly, grabbing her arm. "They're doing our song!" I pointed at number 16. Leah and I had learned all of the words and even the whole dance for this song. It was one of our favourites.

"I know what we'll be doing backstage during the show!" Leah smiled mischievously.

"Dancing with witch hats and broomsticks?" I suggested.

"Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!" Leah exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. "Shall we?" She started to pull her iPod out of her pocket, but I stopped her.

"Not right now," I laughed, placing a gentle hand on her arm. "I've got a job to do!"

"Later then?" she asked, slightly pouting.

"Of course," I smiled as I turned to leave. "You know that I can't say no to a HummelBerry duet!" Her laughter followed me out into the hall.

As I made my way down the hallway, I found myself starting to hum Ding-Dong! The Witch is Dead in my head. Giving into temptation, I pulled out my iPod and set it to play the song as I put the earbuds in my ears. I spent the next twenty minutes singing quietly along to various Glee songs as I went about the theatre hanging up the set lists. I saved the dressing rooms, more specifically Darren's dressing room, for last.

As I did for all of the other rooms, I knocked before pushing open the door. I let out a deep sigh of relief as I discovered that he was not there. No one had been in their rooms. I guessed that they were maybe having a meeting with Ryan or something. Relaxing, I went over to the large vanity on the far side of the room and taped the set list to the mirror, a very visible and easy to see spot.

"Well, that's that!" I declared out loud to myself. I turned to leave, not wanting to be there when Darren got back. Though things were better between us, I still wasn't very comfortable being around him just yet. I sighed, reaching for the doorknob when my iPod shuffled to a new song and started to play it. I stopped, a smile spreading across my lips as I recognized the song. Ironically, it was one of his songs.

Your lipstick stains
On the front lobe of my
Left-side brains
I knew I wouldn't forget you
And so I went and let you
Blow my mind


I started singing along with the song, quietly at first but gradually getting louder as I danced around the room.

Your sweet moonbeam
The smell of you in every
Single dream I dream
I knew when we collided
You're the one I have decided
Who's one of my kind

Hey soul sister
Ain't that mister mister
On the radio, stereo
The way you move ain't fair, you know
Hey soul sister
I don't wanna miss
A single thing you do
Tonight

Hey, hey, hey

Just in time
I'm so glad you have
A one track mind like me
You gave my life direction
A game show love connection
We can't deny

I'm so obsessed
My heart is bound to beat
Right out my untrimmed chest
I believe in you
LIke a virgin, you're Madonna
And I'm always gonna wanna blow your mind

Hey soul sister
Ain't that mister mister
On the radio, stereo
The way you move ain't fair, you know
Hey soul sister
I don't wanna miss
A single thing you do
Tonight

The way you can cut a rug
Watching you is the only drug I need
So gangster, I'm so thug
You're the only one I'm dreaming of

You see, I can be myself now finally
In fact there's nothing I can't be
I want the world to see you'll be with me

Hey soul sister
Ain't that mister mister
On the radio, stereo
The way you move ain't fair, you know
Hey soul sister
I don't wanna miss
A single thing you do
Tonight

Hey soul sister
I don't wanna miss
A single thing you do
Tonight

Hey, hey, hey
Tonight
Hey, hey, hey
Tonight


As I finished the last note of the song I found myself smiling. I was relieved that I still found joy in singing his songs after everything that had happened. His songs were, after all, some of my favourites.

In the quiet between songs, I heard a sudden thump on the door and I froze. He was back. My eyes frantically darted around the room, looking for a way out. There were two other doors. I took a gamble and dashed towards one as the doorknob started to turn. I quickly slipped through the door, somehow managing to not make a sound, briefly glancing back to see the other door fly open. I looked back in front of me and found that I was in Chris Colfer's dressing room. I hadn't realized that they were connected.

That could have saved me a lot of time if I had known that earlier, I groaned inwardly. Then I remembered where I was and quickly exited the room, just in case he had seen me duck in here. There was thankfully no one in the hallway.

Whew, I sighed, wiping my forehead. That was a close one.

I knew that I couldn't avoid him forever, but for now it made me feel better to keep some distance between us.

I doubt he'll even notice, I thought, partly sad. There are so many other girls that he can think about, so why would he bother thinking about me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, another new chapter. I hope you like it :-p

Here is a link to the Darren Criss sorry for party rocking vid that I mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP2Csd3MNyU

And here is a link to the Ding-Dong! The Witch is Dead song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLzwH2gv5FY

And finally, a link to Hey, Soul Sister, as done on Glee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcPpw8hK_jw

As always, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I'd really like to know whether or not you guys are enjoying this story. Thanks for reading! <3