Sequel: Revenge Is Sweet

Nobody's Perfect

XI

-Drew-

"What Blay?"

"We gotta go."

"Why!"

"It's Saphy.."

I felt my world seemed to fall around me.

"W-Wh?"

"He got her and they got in a car crash."

I fell to my knees. Not my baby!

Kyle picked me up while I cried into his chest.

"I got her man."

I felt myself being passed off an then I was sat into a car.

"What about me J?!!?"

"Walk."

I felt us pull off.

"D, wass going on cause I'm confused."

I wiped my eyes.

"I was 19, sophmore year. I was head cheerleader and dating the star basketball player. It was our three year anniversary. October 31. I had planned a dinner and Crystal let me use her place. I was dressed in a little red dress. Despite Troy's attempts, I was still a virgin. He showed up 2 hours late and drunk. I tried to make him leave but he grabbed me by my hair and dragged me to the bedroom.  He ripped off my dress. That night he beat me and raped me 4 times. Crystal found me the next afternoon passed out on her bedroom floor. Two months later I discovered I was pregnant with Saphire."

I gave a dry laugh

"I named her after the color dress I was wearing that night, my favorite color. I couldn't go to school and take care of her so Crystal adopted her for me. I got a restraining order against Troy but everybody already knew so I transfered to USC. The only people that know are my family and Mika. She was the first person I met at USC and when I woke up screaming everynight she knew something was up. I went through every step to ensure he wouldn't find us. Hell I made the bastard sign all his rights over to Crystal. He didn't want Saphire so I made sure I never even tried to make him be in her life. The day she called Crystal mommy killed me. From that day on I was Auntie D. How did that nigga find us?"

I broke down as we pulled up to the hospital. I ran to the door and saw Troy at the front desk.

"You fucking asshole! What did you do to our daughter!"

He turned around just in time to catch my fist.

"You worthless piece of shit! She's a innocent little girl! The results of abuse but it's not her fault!"

"Dre-"

"If my little girl doesn't make it out of this I will kill you!"

I began throwing punches anywhere I could reach.

"I hate you! Bastard! Fucking killer!"

I broke down and fell.

"Drew I-"

Dre walked in and punched Troy right in the nose. He fell to the ground in front of me and blood gushed out his nose.

"First my sister! Now my niece! You're lucky I don't kill you!"

Dre kicked him in the stomach and Troy groaned in pain.

Everyone was here now. Including Chris and Tremaine. I guess someone filles them in because they looked at me with so much sympathy.

Nurses checked on Troy while security tried to drag Dre out.

"Get the fuck off my brother! That nigga raped my sister and then nearly killed my niece tonight, arrest his ass! Do your motherfucking job!"

I was still on the floor balling my eyes out.

Jermaine picked me up and sat me in a chair between him and Tre.

***3 hours***

Dre took mom home, Kyle took Kris and Crystal home, Blake took Sera home, and Chris left. Jermaine made Tre take Mika home since they looked so tired. Now it was just me and Jermaine in the waiting room. And it was 3:00 AM.

"The family of Saphire Turner."

I rushed to the doctor.

"I'm her mom."

"I thought Crystal Turner was her mom."

"That's my sister. I'm Drew Turner, my sister adobted her from me."

He nodded

"Well Saphire is fine. A broken arm and she has a long scratch from her hip to mid thigh."

I sighed

"She lost alot of blood but Troy Simmons was a match and donated some."

I nodded

"She's in room 245."

"Jermaine go ahead."

He nodded amd kissed my forehead.

"Excuse me but what room is Troy Simmons in?"

"167."

I nodded and followes the numbers till I got to his room.

I knocked on the open door.

"Drew?"

I walked in and sat by his bed.

"You helped her..why?"

"I know what I did six years ago was wrong. And stupid. Tonight I went to see her just to get to know her and I knew if I went to ask you, it wouldn't have happened. I told the babysitter Crystal sent me to take her out for ice cream. We were almost there. This truck ran the stop sign and ran into the side of my car. I'm so sorry..I just wanted a chance."

Tears rolled down his cheeks.

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"Troy. You need to know I forgave you years ago."

I leaned forward and kissed his forehead.

"Can I see her?"

"Not tonight..if it's meant to be. We'll see you again."

I kissed his forehead again and walked out.

I walked into Saphire's room.

"Mommy!"

"What?"

"Auntie Crys told me. You my mommy right?"

I nodded as tears built up in my eyes.

I went over and kissed her cheek.

"Who's my daddy?"

"You'll meet him one of these days..."

The nurse came in and gave her some pills.

"Just sleep Phire. You'll feel better in the morning."

I smiled as Jermaine kissed her cheek.

"Night mommy. Night Maine."

***Next Day***

Today I am able to take Saphire home. Me and Crystal decided she would move in with me.

After getting dressed I put on some black flip flops and put my curly hair in a bun.

I got in my car and nearly speeded to the hospital.

"Miss Turner."

I nodded to the nurses at the front desk. I walked straight to Saphire's room but stopped when I heard his voice.

"Troy, are you ok?"

"I'm fine baby girl. I just came to check on you before I left."

"Where are you going?"

"Home."

"Why don't you come to me and my mommy's house for dinner?"

"I don't think your mommy would like that very much. Look. I will see you again ok? Just make sure you watch out for mommy."

"I will."

"Good girl."

A few seconds later Troy walked out and ran right into me.

"Drew I-"

"Tonight. 7:30. 824 Crystal Drive."

He smiled.

"Really?"

I nodded.

"I forgave you. But this isn't for you. It's for her."

I walked around him and walked in to see Saphire fully dressed and sitting in a wheel chair.

"Ready?"

She nodded.

I wheeled her to the front desk.

"Is there anything I need to sign for Saphire Turner?"

She handed me a clipboard and I signed the bottom of it.

"Thanks."

The nurse nodded and I wheeled Saphire to my car.

I gently put her in the car and put the wheel chair in my trunk.

I got in and started the car.

"Saphy when we get home. Im gunna call Auntie Crys to help you take a bath while I start dinner. We are having company tonight ok?"

"Who?"

"It's a suprise."

She pouted the rest of the way home.

***3 hours later***

When we finally got home from the store and picking up her meds and picking up Crystal it was 5:00.

"You sure?"

I nodded knowing Crystal was talking about having Troy over.

She helped Saphire out while I carried all the bags in.

"She should already have clothes in he closet."

I walked to the kitchen and put away the food, leaving out what I was using for dinner.

I was making Shrimp Alfredo, Spinach salad, Biscuts, and Apple pie for dessert.

"Crystal!"

Her and Saphire walked in.

"Yeah?"

"Can you watch the food? It should be done soon and I have to change."

"Ok Drewskii"

I walked upstairs and to my room.

I took a quick shower.

I got out and dried off. I put on my 'Wet Wood' scented lotion and then did my hair before getting dressed.

I then sprayed on my perfume that matched my lotion and put on some light make-up.

"Lil Dre! Troy here so im outtie! The food's done!"

"Adios Booskii!"

I walked downstairs and were met by Troy and a little boy

"Drew, Saphire this is my son TJ. TJ this is Miss D and Saphire."