Status: Completed

Coffee Grounds

Chapter Three

Once Amy got to her work, she found herself tapping away her pen at her desk, impatient for five o’clock. She remembered when they first met. She had become impatient waiting for him to say something first, so she stomped up to him on the beach an introduced herself - probably making herself look and sound like she was crazy.

He had always been remarkably stubborn and much smarter than her. She wanted to marry him, she almost felt like she would have had she not gotten in her own way.

They had a whirlwind relationship. Not as in a short relationship, but a very long and always changing relationship. As fondly as the two look back on it, they had their problems and ridiculous fights. Amy remembered with a laugh their fight about how he always left coffee grounds in the sink; it wasn’t funny then, but looking back on it now, it was just silly. Just a thing that couples fight about when they want to fight but have nothing left to fight about.

Amy had the undeniable skill of sabotaging herself any chance she could get. Not on purpose, but when she started feeling trapped she ran – she ran as fast as she could, normally she never looked back, but with Lucas it had been different.

She couldn’t let herself say goodbye to him, so she whispered a soft “See you soon” and for the first time prayed to a god she wasn’t sure existed that they would in fact see each other soon.