Status: Just started this awesome idea (:

A Taste of Vengeance

Always Ready

The man on the computer screen, is every bit as evil looking as his actions. His face is a smooth, haunting white, and his long black hair reminds me of oil, slick and poisonous. His eyes in the picture, are the darkest green, like that of something sickly and decaying. Although the face is handsome, and he is dressed in normal clothes, I can see that this is the face of a god, that this is no human face, with his coy smile, and glittering eyes.

The team is sitting around the table, as Fury explains that Loki has been located in Stuttgart, Germany. What he’s doing there, none of know, but it’s decided that something needs to be done. I ignore what Fury is saying as I put my chin in my hand, staring at the screen. Loki must have known there were cameras. In fact, he was even smirking in the picture. Something didn’t feel right.

“Ash?” I look up, to see everyone looking at me. Steve has just called my name, frowning at me. “What is it?”
I gathered my thoughts into coherent sentences before I spoke. “I think he wanted us to see him,” I say slowly, looking at Steve as I say this. Something tells me he is the only one who is going to agree. “Loki knows how easy it is for us to spot him on a camera. And look at his face, his smirking. I think he knew very well that a camera would capture him and we’d find him.”
“So you think we shouldn’t go after him?” Natasha asked, skeptical.
“I think that if we go after him, we better do it very carefully, and with finness.”
Tony snorted. “I am finness.”
“No, you’re loud, and showy, and flashy. Kind of like a car crash.”
“Captain,” Fury says, ignoring my exchange with Stark. “You’re up.”
Steve smiles. “With pleasure.”
“Agent Romanoff, you’re flying him. Agent Bane, you’re back up. If you see an opening to attack him, you know what to do.”
I nodded. “Yes sir.”
“What about me?” Stark asked, clearly annoyed he had not been included.
“Go play with your chemistry set,” I quipped, standing up from the table.
Enough, with the comments Bane. Stark, you’re on back up as well.”
He stood up and clasped his hands together, like he was about to explain something very thoroughly. “I don’t do back up. I’m on the front line well hey- Edward Cullen over here said it all.”
Fury gave Stark a scathing look before turning to me. “You may continue with the comments, Agent Bane.”

My nerves were at an all time high as I slipped into a SHIELD suit , strapping gun holsters to my thighs and putting clips all the way around my belt. I also slide several knives into hidden places, places that no one would find until it was too late for them.

I opened the door to leave and paused, my mind running to my deceased family and friends. I sighed heavily and walked to the foot of my night stand, leaving the door open behind me because I would make this quick. I got down on two knees and clasped my hands together, giving the picture of my parents, myself and my uncle one last look before bowing my heads and letting my eyelids flutter shut.

“Dear Lord, watch over my team, and the citizens of the world. Protect us from the evil we are about to face. Lend us your strength, give us hope in our hearts, and wash the fear from our minds. Watch over my family, and let them know I will make them proud. Our father in heaven, hollowed by your name, your kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. In your name we pray, amen.”

An amen echoed from the hall way, just quiet enough for my ears to pick up. I rose from my knees, kissing my fingers lightly and touching the glass containing the photo. I quickly turned on my heel and entered the hallway, where I knew Steve would be waiting for me. He said nothing about my prayer, or echoing the amen. He didn’t have too.

“Ready, Captain?” I asked him, finding myself wanting to make conversation.
“As ready as I’ll ever be, Agent Bane. And yourself?”
I smirked. “I’m always ready.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ash is a very religious person, following her families footsteps. Notice also that she is beginning to feel more and more comfortable around her teammates. Sorry it's short, it was just a filler. Lot's of action and a little bit of feelings revealed in the next one! You guys are awesome.