Sequel: Tears on the Runway
Status: Active. Comment for quicker updates!!

Messy Ending

"I Love You So ***ing Much." - Ben

"You... you think... uh, what?" Ben stumbled over his words, clearly in shock at the news I'd just laid upon him.

I let out a sigh in a breath I hadn't been aware I'd been holding in. "My period is late. I took a home test, but those things are exactly accurate," I muttered, dully. "There's a walk-in clinic not too far from here. I was thinking you could take me. I don't want Sammi to worry about this." Finally, I found the courage to gaze up into his pale green eyes.

Ben was nodding his head before the end of my sentence was even formed. "Yeah... yeah." He seemed a tad bit out of it. "We'll take my car," he decided, swiping his keys off the hook by the door.

"Are you sure you can drive?" I inquired in a much more harsh tone than I intended to as I sniffed at the air. "I smell alcohol."

"That's from last night," he explained in a soft, almost ashamed, tone of voice.

For some reason unknown to me, I trusted him. I trusted that Ben would never do anything to intentionally hurt me, physically at least. I climbed into the passenger side of the car I hadn't been in in forever, hoping that my trust in him was well placed.

"Dai, we need to talk," he started to say before I cut him off mid-sentence.

"No. We don't. There's nothing to talk about. ," I stated, keeping my eyes to the road ahead of us.

"The Hell there isn't!" Ben nearly shouted at me. "I love you, Dai! I have always loved you! I will never stop loving you!"

"Ben," my voice broke a bit, but I quickly recovered. "After we see the doctor I will talk to you. Wait until then, please."

He seemed as if he wanted to protest, but eventually decided to keep his mouth shut.

~~~

"Daidara Stevens," a plump nurse called my name, staring down at a clipboard in her hands.

Ben was close on my heels as I followed behind the nurse into a room down a barren corridor to a room a couple of doors down.

"Dr. Silverstein should be in here as soon as possible," she informed us, leaving and shutting the door behind her.

Many tensions surfaced in the completely silent room between Ben and I as we waited for the doctor to arrive.

We must have waited half an hour before the door finally swung open, not a surprise at a walk-in clinic really. "I sincerely apologize for the wait, Ms..." The doctor took a peek at the paper on his clipboard. "Stevens." A tall man, who couldn't have been older than in his late twenties, grinned at us. He wore the usual doctor get up and his hair was a stark black color that almost could have been dyed. In my opinion, he was actually quite good looking. "My name is Dr. Silverstein. What has brought you here today?"

"Well, uhm, I think I could be pregnant. My is later than it should be. The home test said I was pregnant, but I wanted to be certain."

"Well," he paused to glance at the clipboard. "Daidara, you did the right thing coming in to be sure. Home tests aren't always accurate you know. I'm going to make this as simple as possible. All I need is a urine sample and we'll run a few different tests to be sure."

I nodded in understanding as he handed me the small plastic cup and pointed me off in the direction of the bathroom.

~~~

"Daidara, I have your results right here," Dr. Silverstein informed me after about twenty minutes or so of us waiting. "It seems that you are not pregnant. That home test gave you a false positive. The reason our period is so late could be because of stress. There's really not anything we can do about that, but just try not to stress so much."

A huge, relieved sigh left my lungs. "Thank you so much," I told the doctor, hopping down from the hospital bed.

A small, knowing smile played over his lips along with a small, short nod of his head as Ben and I exited the man's office.

~~~

"Now will you speak with me?" Ben asked when we were back in the car and on the road.

"I... I guess I said I would... yeah..." I waited for a few heartbeats. "Well? Talk, Ben." I didn't even look at him. Instead, I rested my head against the cool glass window.

"Okay, well... I meant it, Dai. From the very first moment I laid my eyes on you I knew I loved you. I never have and never will stop loving you. Please, Dai." Ben was nearly begging me now.

"Ben... I... I don't know..." MY teeth sunk into my bottom lip. Not hard enough to draw blood, just with enough pain to keep me focused.

"Dai, the day after you left ALi came by to get her things and she told me that she knew that she didn't make me happy. She could tell that the only person that made me the happiest was you... is you. There's no one in the world that can make me happier than you do." Finally Ben pulled into the parking lot of my apartment complex.

"Ben... I..."

"Please, Daidara... Please."

My eyes met his pale green ones for only the second time that day. It was then that I felt an overwhelming longing to have him in my arms again, have his lips on mine. "Ben... if I agree to this you have to promise me one thing," I warned.

The entirety of his face lit up like a light bulb. "Yes. Yes. Of course. Anything, love."

"Promise me that I am your one and only. You don't need anybody else. Promise me that, Ben."

"Of course I promise. I don't need or want anybody else, but you for the rest of my life."

I nodded my head very slowly. "Alright, Ben."

"Dai!" Ben yelled my name happily and pulled me to him to lock our lips together very passionately. "I love you so fucking much."

A miniscule smile appeared on my lips. "I love you too," I murmured back to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So right now I am using my grandma's computer to type up this chapter, because if you read my blog you'd know that my laptop sucks dick. So I'm going to try my hardest to update.

And I think that the next chapter may, more than likely, be the last chapter, BUUUUUTTTT there will be a sequel so also keep an eye out for that!

(PS My Warped date has been changed again to June 14th because we can't afford a hotel and the person taking me has family in San Antonio.)

Anyway, thank you to...
SynysterxSavannah
AlexandriaBruce