Sequel: Tears on the Runway
Status: Active. Comment for quicker updates!!

Messy Ending

"Wow, Danny Worsnop, Friends With A Female?" -Ben

Dai

“Kill me now,” I groaned to Sammi, letting out a yawn when I walked by her.

“What’s wrong, Dai?” She quirked an eyebrow.

“I’m so fucking tired. I did not wanna go to work today, but I need the money.” I paused. “You know you should really get a job. Your parents aren’t gonna pay your half of the rent forever.” I pursed my lips.

“I’m trying, Dai. I’ve been on a few job interviews this week, but I’ve never got any calls back.” She sighed.

“I could talk to Steph. I’m sure she knows someone.” I shrugged, again yawning and stretching my arms out.

“Sure, Dai.”

“Hey, Steph!” I called to my boss and friend.

She twisted her body to look in my direction and began to stroll towards me. “Yes, Dai?”

“Do you know any place that might be hiring for Sammi?” I rested my hand on Sammi’s shoulder.

“Well, there might be a restaurant on this street that is… actually down on the intersection at the end of this street my friend, Brenda has a diner that is looking for a few employees. Just tell her I sent you.” Steph smiled sweetly at Sammi.

“Thanks, Steph!” Sammi popped out of her seat like a Jack-In-The-Box and ran out the door, not even saying goodbye to me.

“Yeah, bye to you too, Sammi,” I laughed.

~~~

Ben

I groaned, rays of sunlight hitting my face.

I draped one arm over my eyes, trying to cease the pounding in my skull, but a voice disturbed my attempt at peacefulness.

“Ben,” Ali croaked. Shit I had forgotten about her.

“What?” I covered my face, scrubbing my hands down it as if I could erase the pounding headache that way.

“Why are you so crabby?” Ali asked in such an innocent child-like voice that I had to let a sigh escape my lips.

“I have a terrible hangover, but I’m gonna go take a shower and then I’ll be out.” My eyelids drooped wearily, but I pushed myself out of bed and into the bathroom, twisting the faucet on.

The steam encircled the huge bathroom, leaving me with sweat glistening on my chest before I stepped under the constant stream of scorching hot water, scrubbing my matted hair thoroughly, clean, and free of grease or anything else that might have collected there.

I spent a few extra moments procrastinating, not wanting to see Ali.

Eventually, though, I had to switch off the water. I was oblivious to how in the time I’d been in the shower the water had grown to be ice cold.

Danny, Cam, Sam, and James were still passed out in my living room. Ali had helped herself to a bowl of cereal and I took out a box of the same cereal. It was some sort of rice cereal. I was hardly ever home so most of the stuff I had, had either gone bad or there was simply not enough of it to feed even one person.

“And it’s official,” Danny stated, appearing in the doorway as I emptied the box of cereal. “You are out of food.”

“I bet you are just as out of food as me,” I countered pointedly.

“True, but I’m not going shopping for a while, probably for the next few days I’ll have take-out.”

“Same.”

“Wait, I have this friend with a diner near the library, you know where the post office is? That place is usually pretty empty.”

“And by friend you mean...?” I glanced at him.

“I mean friend. I never fucked her. We’re friends.”

“Wow, Danny Worsnop, friends with a female?”

“Shut up, we’ve already established that you’re the total asshole of the group.” Danny narrowed his eyes.

“I have female friends.”

“Really? Name one.”

“Brandi, never fucked her.”

“That’s James’ girlfriend.”

“And? We’re still friends.” I was well aware of Ali’s eyes on us. “Let’s just go to that fucking diner.” I sighed.

“We’ll do that,” Danny laughed.

“Ben?”

“Yeah?” I turned to Ali.

“My dad is sick so I have to go back up to Oregon.”

Oregon, I realized. That’s where she’s from. “Sure,” I said out loud.

She pressed a kiss to my lips and ran out of the house.

“So, are we going to the diner or what?”

“Yeah, let’s just get the guys ready,” Danny insisted, calling for the guys to get their asses up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but I'm setting it up for the next chapter.

So many comments from these lovely peoples:
Vampire vengeance
Nia_Flores
holli.sullivan.sykes
Tessa_Starship
Nunca
blasttyrant
MidgardMortal

That is the most amount of comments I've gotten on a story at one time! :)

Comment for quicker updates! I'm glad so many people like the story. :)