Status: drop me some love, if you don't mind. c:

The Left Side of Everywhere

three;

“Wesson Tech Support, what is your problem?”

The same line was always being repeated throughout the office. And if not that, it was ‘Did you try turning it off?’ or ‘Did you hit reset by mistake?’. Either way, it was generic and I was getting pretty sick of it.

“Ma’am, did you try turning it off?” I asked, adjusting my headset and leaning back against my chair, crossing one of my khaki clad legs. “Okay, well try doing that and then tell me what you get.”

A chair slid back and bumped against mine, causing me to spin around to see who it was, though I shouldn’t have been expecting a stranger. It was just Delilah being a pain in the ass, like usual. Before she could speak, I held up a finger, listening to the woman on the other line of the headset muttering and cussing and fussing about trying to get her monitor to work. Then finally, like clockwork, she laughed and told me that it worked. She then thanked me, which caused me to roll my eyes, yet I managed to keep a smile.

“Always here to help, ma’am.” And with that, I hung up.

Delilah ran a hand through her jet black hair, crystal blue eyes focused on my dark brown ones as a smile graced her lips.

“You seem a little cheerier today. Are you sure you’re not Naomi?”

I rolled my eyes at the mention of my twin, older by five minutes and twenty seven seconds. She was out all night last night and she obviously didn’t come back in the morning. I had all the rights to be upset with her - was calling or texting really that hard nowadays?

“No, it’s me. Kellin’s coming home today,” I grinned widely, “And I missed all the boys. Especially my Ginger.”

Delilah raised an eyebrow at me, as if the name couldn’t fit any of the faces of the boys.

“Jesse, Dee, I missed Jesse a lot.” I finally told her, watching her let out a sigh of relief.

“Oh, okay, gotcha.” Delilah smirked and glanced past my shoulder before looking at me again. “Uh, freaky person that looks like you coming this way.”

I ran a hand through my straightened hair and prepared myself for my sister’s absurd excuse as to why she wasn’t in all day. When I turned to look down the aisle way, Naomi literally looked exactly like me - everything wise. Her hair was straightened to perfection (though hers was longer), her eye make up was only a quick line of eyeliner, and she didn’t put on lipstick like she usually did. Man, what was up with her?

“You didn’t play me, did you?” I asked, crossing my arms across my chest, preparing to say something else when the line buzzed, signaling an incoming call. Instinctively, my finger tapped the small button on my device placed over my right ear. “Wesson Tech Support, please hold.” I doubled tapped the button and kept my eyes on my sister, waiting for my answer.

Naomi scoffed and shook her head, pulling up the empty seat in the cubicle next to mine, sitting down immediately. “No, Tristan wanted to see me natural yesterday. It was our two year anniversary, remember?”

Oh yeah, huh? Woops.

“Yeah, of course I remember. I, uh, I was just worried since you didn’t call or anything but, uh, you’ve got a plethora of reasons on why you didn’t get to a phone and I don’t wanna know any details.” The thoughts came rushing in before I could stop them and I swore I could feel my breakfast bar threatening to make a guest appearance.

Tristan was a nice guy, though, in all seriousness. He was damn gorgeous, for one, with his slate grey eyes that hosted a tint of blue green and dark brown dreads that were usually tamed underneath a beanie or kept pulled back with one of my older sister’s hair bands. I was always watchful of guys that tried to get close to Naomi, just because she’s dated enough jerks for the both of us plus the girls from Jersey Shore.

“We were out on the beach all night, pervert. We did a no technology thing, with the exception of his little boom box and a couple of cds.”

I nodded at Naomi, sighing softly when she explained what they did all of yesterday. Kellin and I always went to the beach when he was here, and nothing could change that. Lake Michigan was the most soothing shoreline to watch come in and slowly pull itself back home before rushing back towards your feet with excitement.

My phone vibrated a few times but Naomi swiped it up, not even giving me a chance to try and go for it.

“Kellin? Yeah, it’s Mickey, who else would it be?” She paused for a moment, facing dropping as she handed the phone over to me. “He knows us a bit too well.”

“Ha, whore,” I muttered, taking the phone from her, pressing it against my ear, “Kellin, where are you?”

“Probably about two hours away from you,” he responded, the frown in his voice terribly apparent, “Did the bathroom get that new apple soap yet?”

“Hm, I didn’t even think to check. Lemme go see,” I stood up from my spot and headed down a hallway, glancing at the signs, spotting the women’s bathroom easily. I stepped inside, going right for the soap dispenser which still contained the old pink elderly smelling soap. “Nope, same old soap.”

“Ah, damn. Sorry ‘bout that, Mickey Mouse.”

“It’s okay,” I muttered, heading back down the hallway, “Anyways, so what state are you in right no-”

Before I could finished, I let out a blood curling scream, stopping dead in my tracks. My phone dropped immediately as I jumped into Kellin’s arms, wrapping my own around his neck, face burying into his neck. Tears began stinging my eyes and I’m pretty sure they did for Kellin as well.

My best friend was finally home.
♠ ♠ ♠
woot, they finally saw each other!
here's everyone's picture, by the way.

Naomi and Michael (in that order)
Delilah

I'll be posting a new story up later on, just because I've been in a writing mood and I was able to bust out three chapters of the new story in about two days. It's great, really. Or at least I think so.

:3