Sincerely Yours

you're the bee's knees

Dear Indian Warrior,

I think you’re the bee’s knees. No argument needed. Let’s just leave it at that, okay? Now, on to the serious stuff and the reason why my dad’s been calling me Ms. Pissy Pants lately. When the heck are you coming back to California? Writing these letters are fun and all, especially since I just LOVE looking at my horrible handwriting, but I miss you.

I miss us.

I miss going to the corner store near midnight simply because you want a Kit-Kat bar and a can of Arizona Ice Tea. I miss seeing you jump through my window because sometimes you’re “too cool for the front door." Cameron even misses you, but he’s still convinced his wiener is too small for a big girl like you. Thanks to me! HA!

Remember the day you went to the bathroom because you spilled hot sauce on your shirt, and when you came back, Cameron was standing in the hallway with just his Captain America boxers on? I tell you this all the time, but the expression on his face when you started laughing was priceless. He thought you saw his little hot dog bulging from underneath his trousers! Little did he know, you were laughing at his fat belly.

I love that little guy! He still has a massive crush on you, and now that he’s 14, he’s throwing out all the tricks. You're just 4 years older. Pssh, no biggie. He can handle your spiciness now or at least that's what he's been telling me these past few months.

My little Indian Warrior, please come back! Your summer would be so depressing if you didn't spend it with me, your BEST friend. I’m still your best friend, right? Because if I’m no longer your best friend, I’m coming to India, personally, to kick you in the ass with those chunky studded boots you sent me. Besides, do you seriously want to spend your summer with your parents? They’re both nuts! One talks to fishes and the other one just sits in front of the computer like a dead vegetable. Vegetables can be dead, right? You love calling me out on some of the stupid similes I come up with; I just want to make sure Ms. Grammar Freak is happy.

Anywho, please come back to me. I know you love living in the jungles up in India, but don't you love me more? Plus, I don't enjoy writing these letters; I think I'm getting arthritis in my left hand, but I'm doing it for YOU. YOU chose this slow, traditional way of communicating, and now that I'm doing it (and doing it exceptionally well) can't you do something for me now? Come to Cali! I got my car, and it’s ready for an adventure....as long as you pay for gas.

P.S.
Respond in one month tops so I know you're alive.

Love you always and forever,
Your Ally Bear
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a letter Alyssa sent to Raina. All chapters won't be like this. It's just a little introduction -- a prologue even. I might change the title. I'm not sure yet.

I’ve always wanted to write a story about friendship and summer romance. Listening to a playlist of Foster the People, Hot Chelle Rae, LMFAO, Pitbull etc as I write this really helps haha. They’re inspiring me.

So please stay tuned for more. Comment/Subscribe...whatever you have the urge to do. ^_^

And thanks to everyone who’s still subscribed to my other story, Never Let Me Go. It’s been on quite a hold because of college, but I’m ready to continue and [hopefully] finish it this summer.