Sequel: Our Other World

Take Me To Another World

Returning Home

I stirred. I heard a faint bleeping noise. I turned my neck slightly and realised I was on a pillow - I was in a bed. As my senses came to, I felt something on my left hand, with a slight pressure on my left side. I opened my eyes and looked down to my side.

It was a person. They were clutching my hand, leaning over with their head on my side. They shook every time they took a breath in. My head was spinning. I couldn't decide who the person was at first. It was on the tip of my tongue I just couldn't say it. Then it came.

'H-Harry?' I croaked. The person looked up swiftly. Their hair flipped back and their tear-filled eyes focused on me. They looked as if they didn't know whether to laugh or cry. They smiled and let out a little 'ha' and their breathing became more rapid.
'Harry!' I breathed. 'Wha- What are you doing here? You - You -'
'You watched the show. Seeing the picture of you shocked me. It scared me. You were so skinny! Your cheeks were shallow. Your hair didn't have the beautiful healthy red/gold glow. I came to the flat after the show, to see if you were okay. I went into the lounge because I heard the TV. I came into the kitchen and saw the paper on the table. Then I looked down and saw - and...and saw you. You...It was like something from a horror film. There was blood everywhere, a knife on the floor and you, lying still in the middle of it. I called an ambulance and sitting there next to you was ... unimaginable. When you got hooked up in here and they told me that they were doing all they could to save you, I thought 'save?'. I thought I was going to lose you forever! Why? Why did you do it?' He was practically sobbing. He was trying to hold it back, but every now and then, he caved.
'I...I just...I wasn't happy? I guess?' I looked into his eyes once more and remembered why. 'I was down the shop, I saw the paper, I found out you were on ITV and I watched the interview. You weren't expecting my picture to appear. You were going to talk before I came up. You said you were 'stuck for words' about me, you said you were staying at Louis's for work, but you lied. And you couldn't say you missed me. You said I'd know the answer, and I felt like you didn't, not after the paper and not being called or texted. I got up and looked at the paper again and was convinced that you were over it, that you were getting a new girlfriend. I dropped the knife by accidentally leaning on it and dropping it and I walked into the lounge with the knife in my hand and saw you leaving. I went back into the kitchen and it just...happened! Not sure why, it just made everything feel better,' I stammered.
'How could you have been so stupid?' He asked, leaning over to hug me tight.
'Stupid? What? You walked out, you didn't contact me, I thought you didn't care at all! I loved you so much - I still do! I..I..'
'Tia. I love you. I missed you. I was just...upset. You're right. You're not the stupid one, I am. I should have spoken to you. And as for the paper, I have no excuses. No reason. Louis took me out, I got off-my-face drunk. I don't remember half of it. I'm so, so sorry. But whatever happened,' he paused and held up my arm 'or will happen, promise me that you will never, and I mean never do this to yourself again. And when we get home, we're wiping that runny mask off of your face and we're getting you eating properly. You've got food in those cupboards that went off weeks ago. I can tell you've not been eating by how thin you've gotten in a month, and how your clothes bag off you. You were a size twelve before, and now they fit you as if they were two maybe three sizes too big. It's silly.'

The nurse came over and changed the bandages that blood was starting to show through. She asked a few questions as to why I did it, but I just said I couldn't remember, and that I'd love to just go home with Harry. It was all a blur, I told her, and that there was no real reason for it. I vowed that I would never do it again. She didn't look entirely convinced, but let me go anyway.

Harry took me home and guided me over to the sofa as if I was some sort of frail china doll. I didn't object. He sat be down and gave me a sad yet relieved smile. He sat next to me, held my hands and kissed me. I kissed him back. It finally felt as though my world was back to the way it should have been. Everything was right again. I put my hands around his neck and smiled while I was kissing him. He slipped his hands around my waist, and I felt him smile as well. We broke apart but sat forehead-to-forehead.

'I missed you so, so much,' he smiled.
'I missed you too,' I whispered. He grinned.
'I love you, Tia. Don't ever forget that. Whatever I say, or do, just remember that I do love you. I always will,' and he kissed me on the cheek.

We stood outside in the cold night air. Our breath was swirling around in front of us in the air. Harry stood behind me, holding me tight. We were wearing our thick coats, yet I was still cold. But as he was holding me, more than one kind of warmth surrounded me. We waited, smiling.

We were in the local pub garden in Holmes Chapel. We were with Harry's parents and sister. Suddenly the people around us started shouting out, counting down from ten.
'10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR' we all shouted. As the clock stroke twelve and the fireworks were let off into the midnight sky, Harry spun me around a little and bent down. Our lips locked, and our hands entwined. We smiled and pulled apart as the clock chimes stopped.
'Happy New Year, sweetheart,' he whispered.
'Happy New Year, darling,' I smiled, as Anne stood smiling at us from just afew metres away.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D comments please! I've really enjoyed writing this story. Seeing as this story's only got afew subscribers and stuff, I'll say three...? comments asking for one, and I'll try to do a sequal! (not the same story line, that would be boring ;) ) xx