Sequel: Our Other World

Take Me To Another World

Panic and Wait

'I swear that those photo's are old. I'm not seeing him and I only spent an hour with him and three other friends two months ago the last time I went back! I'm not going back for any of my friends, especially him! I'm going back to see my brother! He couldn't be there last time,' I stammered.
'Yeah! Sure! Whatever! What about that insider? Was what they said true?' enquired the girl.
'No! Well, yes. But that doesn't mean we're back together! We were close as kids. We did start going out for a while. No we were not mad for each other! We were, what, 14? We were together for three years. I broke up with him because I became friends with Harry and I kinda lost feeling for Zac because I wasn't spending enough time with him! I wouldn't want to go back to him anyway! That's an old, travelled road and I'm not going there again,' I stated.
'That isn't what it seems!' shouted the girl.
'Excuse me, but who are you to judge me? You know some things about me, but a lot of the things that you've heard are most probably lies. I don't know your name, you don't know me. Stop judging me on what you think you know, when you really don't know a thing!' I retorted.

She stood with her fists clenched and a red, steaming face. I stood equally as tall as her glaring straight into her eyes. She flipped her ponytail behind her and stalked off, head held high in the hair, cursing under her breath. I stood and watched her storm away before sitting down and slowly picking up the paper. I stared at the pictures.You could tell they weren't recent. For one, I clearly still had my braces on in at least three of the pictures. I had those taken off two years before! The most recent was the one at Alton Towers, when we were standing in the queue for Oblivion, pulling ridiculous faces at the camera. I remembered how fun that day had been. How I'd almost pulled out of the queue's on some of the rides, but he'd dragged me straight up to it. I remember the lunch we'd had and how he'd spilt his drink all down himself. I smiled at the memories but immediately felt a wave of guilt come crashing over me. I looked into Zac's smiling face and wondered if there was any feelings left. No. There weren't. I knew that I never would again either. How was I supposed to tell the world that though? Would anyone believe me? If I got Zac to help me, the public would think that I was trying to fool them, and if I got Harry to help me, they'd take me for a liar, and him for an idiot. I sank back into the seat and closed my eyes, trying to think it through. I looked at my phone. It was 1:00. Zac should have been awake by now, he'd always been a late sleeper, but never that late. I text him saying 'Have you seen the papers this morning?'.

I sat there re-reading the article for about twenty minutes before finally getting a reply.

'Yeah'

'Yeah'? Was that it? Was that all he thought about it? I asked him if he'd seen the article about us and I got the same reply. I asked if it bothered him at all and what he was going to do about it. He said that of course it bothered him, but there wasn't much he could do about it. He said that he would like to help but he knew that not a lot of people would be willing to believe him, and he apologised. I felt physically sick. I looked at the time on my phone again. it was half past one. Time was going by so slowly! Harry and the boys went it at probably about half past twelve, they'd been in an hour. For the five boys, none of them would be done. I slid to the door of make-up and knocked. I peered my head around the door. Harry was at the far mirror with a make-up artist next to him. He didn't notice me. I decided not to talk to him then, not while he was busy. I closed the door and leant against the wall and closed my eyes and felt my heart thumping.

A few minutes later, the door opened and closed again. I opened my eyes and looked around. It was Niall.

'You Ok?' He asked. I handed him the newspaper and he read. He looked up after a few minutes in disbelief. I looked at the ground and started scuffing my feet.
'Not true though is it?' he asked.
'No, I love Harry! I wouldn't do that, but some people obviously think I would. What am I going to do?' I said. Niall stared down at the paper.
'You'll have to explain to Harry as soon as you can. He'll be done in fifteen minutes. Then we need to go and see the interviewer, have a talk with them, do a sound check for when we perform and do some more stuff, then we go live at five. You might have time to talk to him at about four? But you might not,' Niall explained.
'Great. Somebody will have already told him by then!' I was panicking at this point.
'If they do, I'll say that you want to talk to him about that but you just haven't had the chance. He'll understand. Don't worry,' He smiled, trying to reassure me. It didn't quite work. The other four came out of the room one-by-one.
'Harry!' I called. He swivelled around.
'Hi love, I need to go and do some stuff for the show. I'll see you in a few hours,' he said, giving me a swift kiss on the cheek.
'But Harry, I need to talk to you now!' I said desperately.
'I can't right now. See you in a bit,' he said and he smiled and winked at me. I fell back against the wall. I thought of text him saying there was something I really needed to tell him and that it couldn't wait, but after waiting nearly 45 minutes for a reply, I thought I wouldn't get one. I started wondering around the studio until half past four, when I walked just to the seats off-set where no one could see me outside or on camera, but I could watch the entire interview.

Only a few more minutes and they would be live on air.