Such Sweet Music

A little bird

The sun glistened on the snow white feathers of the small bird as it sat on a branch high up in the trees. A sweet song took wing as the little bird opened its black and blue beak. The little bird tilted its head and surveyed the land with fathomless dark eyes ringed with black that sparkled with hunger. Her eyes landed on a small girl walking up the trail with a red wagon. The bird flapped its wings and took to the air, circling the child and landing gracefully in the wagon. She clicked sweetly at the child who turned and smiled at the beautiful little bird. She outstretched her pink fingers and giggled in delight as the bird landed in her palm. Her pigtails bounced as she laughed in delight as the small creature she held in her hands began to sing. The whistles, clicks and hums of the Fairy Bird transformed themselves into sweet harmonies of love, joy and peace. The musical notes of the bird's melody swept the child into a wonderland of bliss.

The girl's legs suddenly buckled and she fell to the ground but the bird continued to sing as it flew and sat on the wagon. She watched with beady black eyes as her song ensnared the child and it thrashed violently on the ground. The girl’s screams soon faded into the song. Ruby red jewels of blood dripped from her nose and from the corners of her blue eyes. The bird's song took on a dark tone as it went on cheerfully. A loud snap mingled into the song as the child's arm twisted back. Soon the chorus to the song was the child's bones breaking and her pitiful screams but the bird continued singing and watching the girl writhe in pain as unseen hands tore at her skin. Blood oozed from the scratches covering her body. The girl’s bloody tears trailed down her face and mixed with the blood pooling around her as her skin was being shredded from her body.

She shrieked in pain and terror as her clothes suddenly burst into flame at the moment the birds song went up an octave. The flames licked and nibbled at the delicate skin of the child. The smell of burning flesh filled the air but the bird didn't seem to mind as it continued singing happily. With a final click the bird's song ended and all that remained of the giggling girl was a smoldering pile of dark ashes and a red wagon. The bird’s eyes twinkled in satisfaction as it beat its wings quickly and flew off in search of another heart to stop with the hands of its lovely song. A demon disguised as an angel.
♠ ♠ ♠
just a short thing..