Status: Active

Lips of an Angel

Chapter Six

As I walked out of the bathroom, my makeup fixed up once again, I bumped into Valary, making her way towards me.

“Oh, Natalie! Just the person I needed to see.” She smiled at me like we were old friends but I saw right through it.
“What do you want Valary?” I sighed, crossing my arms and staring her straight in the eye.
“No need to be nasty. I just wanted to let you know that seeing as I am once again the tour manager here… I’ll be going on tour with you and I’ll be keeping an eye on Matt. I can’t have you trying to steal him from me. He’s mine now so back off!”

For once I was actually thankful for Zacky running into the hallway, overexcited about getting out of the studio for an hour. He stopped once he saw what was going on. From the way we were standing in front of each other, both turned away slightly, arms crossed tightly over our chest and scowls set deeply into our face, it was clear he had interrupted an argument.

“Natalie, we need to get going. This place is about a half hour drive away. So… come on, let’s go, let’s go!”

He grabbed my hand and began to drag me away from the bitch before a real fight broke out and someone got hurt. He drug me all the way to my car but then I snapped out of my daze of anger and unlocked it myself, getting in and turning on the stereo, putting in a Maniac Spider Trash CD while Zacky buckled himself in.

“What just went down in there?” He asked as I pulled out of the parking lot.
“Oh God, I don’t even know, the girl’s a psycho! Always has been always will be I guess.”

I tried to laugh it off to him but my eyes gave it away. While I was actually laughing and smiling, my eyes showed him that I wasn’t really as happy-go-lucky about the whole thing.

“Alright, talk to me. Now.”

As we pulled on to the freeway it was clear that I wouldn’t be able to escape talking to him. There was a long line of traffic for as far as the eye could see and no way around it.

“Well… I don’t know if you’ve noticed this but I like Matt… a lot! I don’t just mean as a friend. I love him Zack. That’s all there is to it but the thing is he either doesn’t know or he doesn’t care. These past couple months have been the best of my life. No girlfriends in the way, just me and him being the best friends we used to be. It was all going so great but now she’s shown up again! Why? Did I do something to piss off the big guy upstairs or something?”

I let out a deep breath that I hadn’t realised I’d been holding as I finally got my true thoughts and feelings out in the open.

“Well… The fact you love Matt is obvious enough to all of us… except Matt it seems. I can tell you right now that none of us actually like Valary at all and we’d all prefer it if you were the one making Matt happy, which, in a way you have been but not in the way you’d like and I get that. I’ve been there before and I know it’s a terrible place to be but I can promise you that you shouldn’t leave… Stay and show him what he’s missing.”

I turned to smile at him as the traffic slowly inched forward but then came to a halt once more. I smirked at him a little before replying.

“Zachary James Baker! Are you suggesting that I play your best friend?”

He merely looked at the road ahead and smirked, shrugging his shoulders.