Ellen's New Life

Three guys

"Baby, maybe you should go to a date with someone," said Lyn that day. "As long as this someone isn't Mikey, it's right to go on a date, you can't just live your whole life indoors because you're not allowed to date your uncle. You're gorgeous, guys adore you. Look, go out with some of your dad's fans, maybe you'll like one."

I sat on the sofa, with my legs on the table. Gerard did it too, so no one except Lyn ever told me it wasn't right. When living with two people like me and Gerard, she also started not minding our bad manners: legs on table when sitting on sofa, stinking a bit occissionaly (we both hate showers, I guess that's in blood), etc.

"Well... I may go out with a few, just to make dad happy," I said.

"Well, don't just go out to make him happy. Think about it. A girl your age should actually need a boyfriend."

"Oh well. I'm going out with three guys. Dad's and yours choice. Three guys, no more, no less. Okay?"

"Alright. But try to be nice, and actually think about having a relationship with them."

"Why are you pushing me into a relationship I don't want?"

"Because otherwise, you'd be in an incest relationship."

"Uncle and niece is not incest."

"It is, by law. Plus you're underage, and your uncle is almost a pedophile then."

"Mikey's not a pedophile."

"I know! But law may think so and get him in prison. So, you need to be careful. Really, Ellen. Be careful. If not for yourself, for Mikey."