Ellen's New Life

The Truth

The phone was ringing.

These seconds were so long for me, they felt like minutes, even hours. I couldn't wait Gerard to pick up the phone, even if I was also afraid of it. But I had the courage to do it - yes, I did. I need to have the courage to tell it if I had the courage to date my uncle.

"Yes?" said Gerard in the phone.

I couldn't breathe for a moment. I felt tears on my face and the fear in my mind.

"Gerard, I need to tell you something really important," I said, without waiting for him to say anything, I continued. "I'm in love with Mikey."

"What?! Are you kidding me?" he screamed into the phone.

"No. I love Mikey and Mikey loves me. This has been for weeks already. But now we've realised our love is so deep that if it was possible, we'd marry each other and live happily ever after," I spoke slowly, and started crying even more.

"But... But... He's your uncle!"

"Hell I know that!" I screamed. "I know it way too well and you can't even imagine how painful it is for me and Mikey."

"Did you have sex?" he asked.

"What?" I was surprised about his question.

"I asked you, did you have sex with my brother?"

"No."

"Alright. Look. Why I didn't want you and Mikey be together is a thing of a moral rule. It's not alright if you sleep with your relative or if an adult persons has sex with an underage."

"I know that."

"But if you love each other, go for it. I love you two both more than anything in this world, and just want you be happy. After all, uncle and niece isn't that near."

"So you give me permission to be with Mikey?"

"Yes, but don't make it to the public, please."

"Daddy, I love you so much. You're the best!"

He hung up. I felt I was the happiest person in the world. I am allowed to be with the man I love. I kissed Mikey. I loved him a lot.