Ellen's New Life

12 Years Later

Knock knock on the door.

I heard my dad open the door. Yes, it is quite embarassing, 26 and living with parents. But I don't mind, Gerard and Lyn are great.

"Where's Ellen?" I heard my boyfriend's voice downstairs.

"Upstairs. In the library," said Gerard.

I heard my boyfriend go upstairs quickly and opened the door to the library.

"Ellen, honey!" he said, while hugging me tight.

"Sweetheart," I said, kissing him.

"I have an important question for you," he said. He put his hand in his pocket. Than, he went on his knees and spoke in his beautiful voice. "Ellen Patricia Way, will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I said. He put a ring on my hand. I jumped into his arms.

"I love you more than anything, dear," he said, kissing me all over my face.

"The same for me. I love you, dear," I said.

We went downstairs to my parents. He spoke.

"Gerard, Lyn, we have an important new to announce. Me and Ellen are getting married," he said.

I couldn't hide the huge smile on my face.

Lyn has got the biggest smile she can on her face. "It was time already!" she said. She wasn't my real mother, but I lived with her since I was 12 and never saw my real mother since than, and she acted to me like to own daughter. She only had three sons with my dad. Daniel, Nicholas and Martin.

Dad smiled, too. I think he was happy for me.

Later, that night, I was lying in my boyfriend's apartment. On his bed. He was slowly, deeply breathing next to me, asleep.

At that time, I got a closer look at our engagement ring. It was silver with a beautiful diamond in it. There was text on it, it said:

To my love, Ellen. Mikey.