Ellen's New Life

An Awesome Uncle

"Mikey! Hey!" I said into the phone.

"Oooh, hello, Ellen!" he answered, I heard he was lightly laughing.

"Gerard told me... I mean, wrote me that you wanted to talk to me," I told Mikey.

"Mhmm. I just wanted to say... We haven't met for a while now, I kinda miss my gorgeous niece," he said, laughing.

"Gorgeous? You think I'm gorgeous?" I asked him, full of non-belief.

"Of course you are. You got that after your father," he said.

"Oh. Well. If that's all you wanted to say..." I said, ready to put down the phone.

"No no no no no! Wait. Don't hang up. I'm feeling so lonely now me and Alicia are divorced..." he said. "I need to talk to someone."

"Alright, alright. So, when are we meeting?"

"I don't know. Tomorrow? I can take you for an ice cream," he said, still laughing.

"Yeah. But it must be strawberry ice cream," I said, and started laughing myself, too.

"Alright. So, I'll come tomorrow to pick you up and then we're going to have a strawberry ice cream."

Then, he hung up.

I adore uncle Mikey. He's much more fun than Gerard, and has more time for me.

We often go out for a walk, for an ice cream, or he takes me shopping.

He's just... an awesome uncle.