Ellen's New Life

No More Ice Cream

"OK. I think I'm kinda calmed down now. But you gotta explain me what you're having with Mikey," he said.

"Well... Nothing like that really... " I started. He interrupted me.

"Nothing?! Well, I saw you find each other quite interesting," he said.

"Interesting? Oh, yeah. Well, he's going to learn me to play bass guitar, I always found musical instruments interesting. And Mikey knows so much about different books and about unicorns! He deffenetely is interesting to chat with," I said, strongly trying to make up a decent excuse for what Gerard has obviously noticed.

"Damn, girl, I'm having more problems with you than I expected when I took you from your mum," he said.

"Well, it's often quite troubled when you have a teenager at home. Some teenagers have even more problems than I do. You know, that all comes with growing up and stuff..." I started explaining him. Hmm, explain his about my problems? Can be kinda tricky.

"I know, I know, I was a teenager once, too," said Gerard. "I know teens have probs and stuff. But hell, do they always fall in love with their uncle?"

"First of all: most teenagers don't have an uncle who's this young. Second: most teenagers don't have an uncle who'd be this awesome. And third, the last, but under no circumstances the least: I'm not in love with Mikey," I said. Dad was kinda getting on my nerves, but I'm a kind of person to easily stay calm in most situations.

"OK, I understand the first and the second thing, but what's about the third? I have a witness saying and prooving with a photograph that you and Mikey were kissing on the street," he said. "Now this is not only a problem that you're underage and you're his niece. It also sucks 'cause this means he's a perverted pedophile. Damn, my brother is a pedophile! And, it's probably getting in newspapers, I'm sure paparazzi seen you, too, just like my witness did."

"Oooh. Well. This defenetely sucks," I said.

"Yeah. And I'm sorry to say this, but it will suck even more now you're getting punished."

"Punished? How?" I was kinda scared of what he'll do.

"You're not having any more ice cream until the end of the year!" he said, while laughing.

Oh. I was afraid it was gonna be something worse.