Moleskin No. 1

May 16th, 2011

A few weeks have passed with no luck of finding any sort of society that wasn't our own town. Last night, Parson and I had the scare of our lives.

It was just about dusk and the sun was setting. Parson was off finding some wood for our fire for the night, leaving me alone with our things. I sat there, weaving some grass together for a little while. And then I heard a twig snap.

At first, I though it was just Parson so I called out to him. I received no answer. At that moment, I started to get a little bit more nervous. I stand up to see if I can see what made the noise. I figured it could have been a bunny or a squirrel or something.

I got closer and heard another noise. I got a little closer and there was a growl and a wolf jumped out from within the trees.

I screamed but then covered my mouth to stifle the scream, worried that the noise would scare the wolf and make him attack me. I looked around me but Parson was nowhere in sight.

The wolf starts walking closer, and bared its teeth as I started backing up. More wolves joined. Now, it was three wolves against one me. I continued to back up until I could no longer back up from them. Wolves to the right of me, wolves to the left of me, wolves in front of me. I'm trapped and can no longer move anywhere. They have me surrounded.

I closed my eyes and braced myself for a death grip bite but nothing came. I hear one of the wolves whimper and I open my eyes to see Parson fighting them off.

"Help me!" He pleaded.

I ran to our bags and grabbed my bow and a few arrows. I shoot the last one which scampers off back into the woods.

I guess this is going to be a lot more difficult than we thought.