Status: Active- Please comment!

Come To Life

Love Boat

The next morning Zoey woke up by herself. She looked around the room and didn't see Marc anywhere. She got up out of the bed and shuffled to the door, opening and walking out into the tiny kitchen.

Gone fishing with my brothers! Mom, Parker and the girls are on the dock!
See you soon.
-Marc


Zoey smiled and went to get dressed again. She got dressed in her black two piece bathing suit, cut off jean shorts and one of Marc's plaid button up shirts. She left the cabin and walked down to the dock, seeing Linda and Tanya with Parker.

"Morning, sweetie." Linda smiled upon seeing Zoey.

"Morning," Zoey smiled, sitting next to them.

"How did you sleep last night?" Linda asked.

"Good! The bed in there is actually pretty comfortable!" Zoey nodded.

"Good. I know Jordan was cheap on some stuff in that cabin," Linda laughed.

Yeah, like that table in there.

Last night the sex on the table had been rougher and quicker than they both had anticipated. They ended up breaking the table accidentally. A screw on the right side had come loose and the table began to wobble before giving out on the one side. Luckily Marc had quick reflexes and was able to move her off the table before it hurt her and carried her to the bedroom.

"How long have the boys been gone?" Zoey asked, looking out at the lake hoping to spot the boys in Marc's tin can.

Zoey couldn't help but smile. He had been so excited to show her his boat and take her out on it. She had promised she would do it with him while they were there.

"Three hours, I think." Linda replied. "They should be back soon."

"So, Marc says that you have a brother?" Tanya smiled. She and Zoey didn't have much time to talk the day before.

"I do!" Zoey smiled, pulling her phone out of her pocket pulling up a picture of him. "His name is Preston and he's eight!"

"He's adorable! You two look so much alike!" Linda smiled upon seeing the picture of Preston and Zoey at Christmas.

"I hear that all the time!" Zoey smiled.

"He's eight, you said?" Tanya smiled, seeing the picture. "He's going to be a little heartbreaker."

"I think so, too." Zoey laughed, looking at the picture of the two of them.

"Are you and your brother anything like that?" Linda asked upon seeing her four boys running from the shoreline towards the dock, throwing things and pushing one another.

"Not at all," Zoey laughed, watching Marc grab a soaking wet Jared by the collar and wrap his arms around his neck tightly and messing up his hair.

"You're awake!" Marc smiled upon seeing Zoey. He leaned down and gave her a kiss before lifting her out of her chair and then sitting her back on his lap.

"How was fishing?" Zoey asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"It was fun," Marc laughed. "Jared fell out of the boat."

"You and Eric pushed me," Jared mumbled, taking off his shirt and squeezing the water out of it.

"Did you tell Jordan about the table?" Zoey mumbled to just Marc as everyone talked amongst themselves. "Is that why he's staring at me right now?"

"I might have mentioned it in passing," Marc smirked, laughing softly.

"Jerk," Zoey scolded playfully, pushing him away from her. Marc laughed and grabbed her, pulling her back to him.

"Do you want to go for a ride on the boat?" Marc asked, looking hopeful.

"Sure," Zoey smiled. She got up off of his lap and pulled him up. Marc slung an arm over her shoulder and led her towards his fishing boat. Marc offered her his hand and helped her into the boat. He pushed it back into the water and hopped in the boat with her. He ripped the cord of the motor and steered them off into the lake.

"So what do you think?" Marc smiled, looking around the lake at the shoreline.

"About your boat or your home?" Zoey asked, following his eyes back to the shoreline. It truly was beautiful here. All the trees and the water. The lake houses. All of it. She could see why Marc loved it here and why he was so excited for her to see this place. This was him. It said everything about him.

"All of it," Marc smiled, turning off the motor and letting them coast through the water for a while.

"I love it," Zoey replied honestly. "I think it's beautiful. It's peaceful here, and the people are so nice. Your family is adorable and kind. I really like it here."

"And the boat?" Marc smirked, slapping the side of his fishing boat.

"I love your boat, too." Zoey laughed, grabbing his face and giving him a small kiss.

"Good," Marc laughed.

They sat in silence for a while just looking at the scenery around them. The water hit the side of the boat as they rocked through the small waves.

"I love you," Marc stated at random. He pulled his eyes from the water and looked at Zoey.

"You do?" Zoey asked, her heart racing. Just the night before she was contemplating how and when to tell Marc how she felt.

Marc nodded. "I do, I love you."

Zoey looked at him and followed his body language. He was clearly very nervous about this. She had expected it. The last woman that Marc had been in love with had left him on their wedding day. Zoey had figured it would be months, maybe even close to a year before she and Marc were at the the "I love you" stage, but here it was. It was right here in front of her, just what she had wanted.

"I love you, too." Zoey replied, smiling at him.

"You do?" Marc asked, visibly holding his breath.

"I do," Zoey nodded, smiling. Marc let out a sigh of relief and pulled her onto his lap, kissing all over her face.

"I know that this is really quick to say that we're in love, but I just felt it and I had to say it." Marc stated after a few minutes of kissing.

"It's okay," Zoey smiled. "I wanted to say it last night, but I thought you might feel it was too soon."

"Usually I would, but I just couldn't go another day without saying it. I kept thinking it and I had to say it," Marc smiled. "And I talked to Eric about it earlier today and said to say it."

"I think Eric is my favourite Staal brother, besides you of course." Zoey smiled, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Better be," Marc mumbled, kissing her forehead.

"I think I really like this tin can," Zoey smiled. "I mean you told me that you loved me on it. That totally gives it some points."

"It's not a tin can!" Marc gasped. "It's a love boat."

"Whatever you say, Staal." Zoey laughed, getting off of his lap and sitting back on the bench across from him. "Now take me back to shore. I'm hungry!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little bit of fluff and cuteness as an apology for taking so long to update this story. I've had no motivation and no inspiration for anything. It's starting to frustrate me! Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter!