Status: Active- Please comment!

Come To Life

New York Royalty

Lake Shebandowan came and went as quickly as it did every year for Marc, but he didn't quite mind. This year he had Zoey and he had a brand new year of hockey to look forward to. This would be his and the Rangers' year for the Cup. He just knew it. This time it was theirs.

Marc and Zoey ended up back in New York only to be separated for a few days. Zoey had lots to catch up with at work and to get ready to go back to school, while Marc was getting ready to go back to training.

I miss you Zoey texted Marc as she sat in class. She sighed to herself and tapped the end of her pen against her notebook. She wasn't paying attention at all. The only thing she could think about was finally being able to see Marc again. It had been a week and a half since she'd been able to see him, let alone get a hold of him.

His name flashed across her screen. Zoey checked the message and it read: I miss you, too.

Even though it was short and to the point it was good to at least hear from him again.

When am I allowed to see my own boyfriend again?

I have Thursday off, if that helps.

That's perfect. I actually wanted to ask you if you wanted to come to dinner at my parent's house that night. I figured it was about time you met them.

Sure. Call me tonight around 7. Love you.

Love you, too!

Zoey let out another sigh and put her cellphone back in her purse. She rested her face on her hands and watched as the professor continued to lecture the class. What the professor was talking about she wasn't even sure of any more. All she wanted to do was get out of this stuffy classroom and go home so she could call Marc.

The class was dismissed what seemed like hours later. Zoey grabbed her things and went full steam ahead towards the parking lot and got to her car. She ignored or politely nodded at anyone who said "hi" to her. She was on a mission to finally hear Marc's voice.

Zoey drove as quickly as she could to her apartment and got inside. The time towards 7 went by slowly, but she preoccupied herself with a bit of homework and cooking. Come 7 o'clock as she was ready to dial Marc's phone number, punching the numbers into her phone. She waited as it rang. She heard a faint sound outside, but thought nothing of it. This was New York City. Everyone had a cellphone that was always ringing.

"Honey, could you let me in?" Came Marc's voice on the other end of the phone line. "Your creepy elevator man is staring at me."

Zoey gave a quizzical look at her door, but walked towards it anyways. She reached the door and turned the knob revealing an exhausted, but happy looking Marc. They both hung up their phones and Zoey threw herself into Marc's arms.

"It's good to see you, too." Marc laughed, lifting her up off of the ground. Zoey pulled her face from Marc's neck and pressed her lips to his.

"I've missed you so much," Zoey sighed happily. "i know it's only been a week and a bit, but it's been so hard!"

"I know, honey." Marc nodded, carrying her back into her apartment. Marc sat them on the couch and held her tightly.

"How has training been?" Zoey asked when Marc rested his head on her lap.

"Exhausting," Marc sighed. "I feel like I could sleep for weeks, and I wish I could."

Zoey laughed softly and ran her fingers through his hair.

"So Thursday," Marc started. "Tell me about it."

"Well we could go to my parent's place and have dinner with them. You could finally meet my family," Zoey explained. "We could just get it over with. I already met your's so I think it's time you met mine."

"Yeah, sure. That works for me," Marc nodded tiredly. Zoey let him sleep. She was just happy to have him there with her.

..

On Thursday Marc picked Zoey up from her apartment and drove them to her parent's place.

"Are you nervous?" Zoey asked as they got out of the car and walked towards the building.

"Yeah, a little bit." Marc nodded. "It's such a big deal meeting the family of my girlfriend, you know?"

"Well, I don't know anything about girlfriends, but I know lots about boyfriends." Zoey smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

Marc laughed and pulled her in, kissing her forehead. They got inside the building and Zoey nodded at the man in the elevator. The man pushed the button labelled "PH" for the penthouse. Marc exhaled deeply. He was getting nervous.

Marc would never admit it to Zoey, but he was intimidated by her wealth. He was more nervous about meeting her family than any other girlfriend he had ever had. Marc wasn't sure if it was because Zoey was practically New York royalty or if it was just because he liked her so much.

The elevator stopped and they walked down the hall toward large wooden double doors. Even the outside of the penthouse was immaculate. Marc was sweating. Zoey opened the door and looked around.

"Hello! We're here!" Zoey called, closing the door behind them. Marc looked around hearing feet coming quickly towards them.

"Zee!" A child called, running towards them. Preston Simon ran towards Zoey and straight into her arms. Marc couldn't help but notice how much he looked like Zoey.

"Preston, this is my boyfriend. This is Marc," Zoey smiled, turning the boy towards Marc.

"Hi," Preston smiled widely, extending a hand towards Marc. Marc smiled and shook the boy's hand.

"Nice to meet you, Preston." Marc smiled widely. Preston nodded and then led them deeper into the house. Preston led them into a large kitchen full of marble counters and stainless steel appliances.

This penthouse was bigger than Marc's parent's house, Jordan's house and Eric's house put together. Marc was feeling more and more overwhelmed as they walked.

"There's my girl," Came the voice of an older man. Marc watched Zoey smile and walk towards the man. Marc turned around and was immediately overwhelmed and intimidated by the man.

Frank Simon stood there, hugging his daughter and looking at Marc. If Marc hadn't been sweating before, he certainly was now.
♠ ♠ ♠
It has been a lifetime since I've updated this story and I apologize for that. I hope you all like this chapter and I hope that you can take the time out to let me know what you think! Thanks for sticking around through the "drought"!